BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think he is in the know at all chaddy, he was adamant that we wanted and had bid for Phillips at Charlton for ages (which all stemmed from that phoney "twitter journalist) he seemed sure that we were about to sign that Maghoma from Poland and on Friday he had to backtrack after implying that Manning was about to sign, admitting no insider knowledge at that point on a rumour that stemmed from Rich Sharpe claiming historical interest in previous transfer windows.

I think its just a junior journalist, not at the direct local newspaper of the club, who does get to attend press conferences but otherwise is very much summarising and pulling together what he can from the public domain and being as vague as possible.

Rich Sharpe is very slow to get news but he does at least seem to have a direct line to the club in terms of being able to dismiss stories that arent true. The left back story came from him that we were going to get an answer within 24 hours, whether people on here got their indications from him or vice versa, it seems that the left back was never as close as they said.

Did he say we bid for Philips or we were interested in him? 

Crooke isn't a Junior Journalist tho. He is full time reporter. As if you watch different Rovers related podcasts he explained how he source his stories. Have you even listen to them? 

He does have sources at the club. Both Sharpe and Crooke have the same direct line to club. To the media department but not the manager. 

The left back story came from both of them actually. 

Who knows what was close or not. We don't know but the club sources wouldn't have told Crooke that a deal was agreed. Something happened there. as Torgeir said maybe it was Garner deal

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Manning still be the left back I would want in. Good player, Looks like he won't sign a new contract, so depends how much their want for him? I hoping the club can make the deal happen

Is the only reason you want Manning because Mowbray has been interested in him/ rumours around him? Or you actually rated Manning before all the rumours and wanted him in? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Nope that had been agreed to Watford on Wednesday I think.

Yeah I think the deal was announced on Friday but one thing is for sure, that he wasnt very close to signing for us to the point that Jaquob Crooke was posting ? emojis and basically preparing fans expecting an announcement.

Apologies if ive got mixed up but I think you have said in the past that he hasnt got any direct sources and I would have to agree. He very much goes as vague as possible with what he can gather from the public domain. Rich Sharpe seems to be the main person regarding transfers but he himself is more of a person who will check and usually deny a rumour once it is already out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah I think the deal was announced on Friday but one thing is for sure, that he wasnt very close to signing for us to the point that Jaquob Crooke was posting ? emojis and basically preparing fans expecting an announcement.

Apologies if ive got mixed up but I think you have said in the past that he hasnt got any direct sources and I would have to agree. He very much goes as vague as possible with what he can gather from the public domain. Rich Sharpe seems to be the main person regarding transfers but he himself is more of a person who will check and usually deny a rumour once it is already out there.

The emoji response was when asked directly "Ryan Manning looking likely?". He then said he was unable to confirm the identity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

maybe our european scouting network will come up with a left back,used to be loads of talent around scandanavia,surely we have contacts over there

I understand Juklerod (plays down the left side in defence or midfield) who plies his trade in Belgium has been tracked.

Type of flexibility that Mowbray likes.

• Like 1

Still think our player trading strategy is made up as we go along.

Think messaging is mixed.

Hearing WBA fancy Armstrong - they are a yo yo club and if they go straight back down, would see Arma as the man to fire them straight back.

• Like 1

Our transfer activity screams uncertainty.

It is like we identify a player (McGinn, Kipre, Garner, Reed) and make a "shallow/token" move... but then we delay and piss about pulling the trigger.

It's not until another team comes in that we then suddenly decide we really want said player 100%, only for the player to (rightfully) take the "Fuck You" attitude to our recruitment team and move to the new (actually committed) bidding team.

We didn't even get Holtby or Ayala in first time around when they had trained with us, only for them to go abroad after being teased, to eventually come back to us as their own Plan B. Last year Adarabioyo took about a month to complete as well for similar reasons.

Seems very indecisive and, ultimately, detrimental, and is why we lack in some areas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is the only reason you want Manning because Mowbray has been interested in him/ rumours around him? Or you actually rated Manning before all the rumours and wanted him in? 

Like him a couple of years and had hope we get on a free this summer before QPR exercised their 1 year option. 

He played against us at Ewood Park when we won 1 nil in 16/17 season  Played centre midfield that day. Good left foot. Look very comfortable on the ball. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

3 signings absolute minimum needed, assuming we have given over trying to shift Williams out and the manager starts speaking as though he is part of our plans moving forward.

Realistically it is 4 or 5 required to add the necessary depth to the squad given the outgoings.

No way. 4 or 5 more players? I want to see our promising crop of youngsters given a chance, not pushed away from the First Team by unnecessary squad padders.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

It is like we identify a player (McGinn, Kipre, Garner, Reed) and make a "shallow/token" move... but then we delay and piss about pulling the trigger.

It's not until another team comes in that we then suddenly decide we really want said player 100%, only for the player to (rightfully) take the "Fuck You" attitude to our recruitment team and move to the new (actually committed) bidding team.

We didn't even get Holtby or Ayala in first time around when they had trained with us, only for them to go abroad after being teased, to eventually come back to us as their own Plan B. Last year Adarabioyo took about a month to complete as well for similar reasons.

Seems very indecisive and, ultimately, detrimental, and is why we lack in some areas.

I wouldn't blame the club to much tbh because a lot of players and there clubs will be talking to a number of buyers and if we with our budget and the way its run put offer A on the table, the selling club and the player will wait for option B or C to arrive before making their decision. 

We cannot compete on money so we have to sell them the dream of being part of our club, in a way that a good thing because all though we will take longer and miss out on a lot of our targets who are persuaded by bags of money playing for another club, it means the ones we do end up getting are not here more for the money than their buy into what we are trying to achieve as a club and they have made the choice that they want to put in the work required to achieve that. If there's one thing we can all agree that since mowbray has taken over he has weeded out all the people who were at this club just for the money and we not willing to put the graft in to achieve and win. Wherever we have finished over the last 3 and a bit seasons it went for a lack of trying and that is the number one ingredient for a winning team. 

In my eyes he is doing the right thing and although frustrating the fruits will be worth it cuz if you have a team of people that work their balls off and don't give up you can scrape a draw and find a win in those games you should've lost. Over the course of a season added to the comfy wins like Saturday just gone you've got the makings of a title winning squad.

One thing he will have now in the u23s and the fringe players is belief that I'd you perform you play. This dolan kid could actually be the catalyst to a lot of our young starlets turning it up a notch and forcing their way into the 1st team, you never know tomlinson may just be that guy, we have a class youth setup and if we should definitely be looking to a bring more people through. It's sustainable football and in the current climate the functioning of our club financially shouldn't be sacrificed for 1 or 2 players. At the end of the day we have to live by our means. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adz4d2 said:

One thing he will have now in the u23s and the fringe players is belief that I'd you perform you play. This dolan kid could actually be the catalyst to a lot of our young starlets turning it up a notch and forcing their way into the 1st team, you never know tomlinson may just be that guy, we have a class youth setup and if we should definitely be looking to a bring more people through. It's sustainable football and in the current climate the functioning of our club financially shouldn't be sacrificed for 1 or 2 players. At the end of the day we have to live by our means. 

Yeah, this is the balance we are close to having, the squad has been trimmed and there is a great opportunity now for the academy guys to make the break through. Vale, Butterworth, Carter, Magloire, Mols, Brennan, Thompson, Pike, the list goes on. All with a chance to get into the squad this year. The under 23s just beat the Man City equivalent, be great to see more coming through. Buckley was unreal on Saturday when he came on and looks the pick off the bunch.

But....

We absolutely need a quality Left-Back, and Ryan Manning would be a terrific signing, at a great age, cracking left foot. A no brainer. Last year of deal, so you would think it wouldn't be that much. See he is Irish as well, nice with Lenihan and Williams back there. 

We need back up goalie. 

I am fine with no other business.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

Winning the next two games is very important for how players and agents will be looking at us as we get into the last week of our window.

As I have previously written, I would be happy if we keep our limited powder dry for now.

Normally I am relaxed about loans as opposed to permanent signings but other than a left back, we have so.much quality coming through from younger players, I am less happy about loans this window.

I would take that Mbete or Tosin again from City though.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

I understand Juklerod (plays down the left side in defence or midfield) who plies his trade in Belgium has been tracked.

Type of flexibility that Mowbray likes.

I like Juklerød, if I remember correctly he used to play as a winger when he was at Vålerenga. But he has played more as a leftback in Belgium.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/simen-juklerod/leistungsdaten/spieler/230985

He said in an interview earlier in the summer that he would be open for a move this window. He probably has a bigger name in Belgium than in Norway. Was in team of the season last year and plays midfield/back in a 3-5-2 formation.

Edited by Swanson

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

I like Juklerød, if I remember correctly he used to play as a winger when he was at Vålerenga. But he has played more as a leftback in Belgium.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/simen-juklerod/leistungsdaten/spieler/230985

He said in an interview earlier in the summer that he would be open for a move this window. He probably has a bigger name in Belgium than in Norway. Was in team of the season last year and plays midfield/back in a 3-5-2 formation.

Certainly looks an attacking fullback

7 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I reckon that might be down to the pitch being we'd like you to come to us and sit on our bench in the natural pecking order and you'll get a chance at some point. If not then fine we understand and wish you well whilst we'll look elsewhere.

Everybody seems to come in as back up i suspect when they finally nail a left back it'll be the same. I'm hoping Ayala proves an exception to this but if Williams is playing well then it's all good competition.

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Still think our player trading strategy is made up as we go along.

Think messaging is mixed.

Hearing WBA fancy Armstrong - they are a yo yo club and if they go straight back down, would see Arma as the man to fire them straight back.

West Brom won't be spending money on  Armstrong they ain't spending much more.Bringing in Niang from Rennes as a front player 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

No way. 4 or 5 more players? I want to see our promising crop of youngsters given a chance, not pushed away from the First Team by unnecessary squad padders.

Our own manager said a couple of weeks ago that he wanted 6 more. We've only signed 1. Are you saying he is wrong?

What's the point in giving all these youngsters a chance if we are just going to let them leave for nothing as Nyambe is likely to do?

I want promotion. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm not particularly bothered what a players background is. I don't believe in romantic ideas of nice football, promotion and doing it all with a team of academy products. It is a fantasy. By all means integrate players that are good enough but we need depth and experience for the cold nights at Millwall. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Our own manager said a couple of weeks ago that he wanted 6 more. We've only signed 1. Are you saying he is wrong?

What's the point in giving all these youngsters a chance if we are just going to let them leave for nothing as Nyambe is likely to do?

I want promotion. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm not particularly bothered what a players background is. I don't believe in romantic ideas of nice football, promotion and doing it all with a team of academy products. It is a fantasy. By all means integrate players that are good enough but we need depth and experience for the cold nights at Millwall. 

Did he actually say he wanted 6 more? 

Mowbray said he wanted 3 or 4 seasoned Pro's less than a week ago. He obviously got told to jog on at the meeting on Thursday with Waggott and I presume Suhail. He sounded a bit salty in the interview Saturday. Hopefully either King and/or Raya gets sold and he gets given the money AND they have someone already lined up so the deal can be done quickly. Still a few weeks left for things to change. .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Cheap squad fillers ain't going to get us promotion though JH.

You want money spent on replacements for the likes of Samuel, Hart and Smallwood players who contributed next to nothing last year.

The budget is small surely any funds should be used to improve the areas we lack in the first 11, a left back should be priority followed by sub keeper and then midfield if finances allow.

If we had the money to bring in quality then I may agree with you but cheap  squad fillers are not going to proprel us to promotion they would only serve to add to the wage bill and block our promising young player

And if all you care about is promotion why are you bothered if we loan players rather than sign them permanently?All you do is have a go at the club or manager,never come across someone who moans as much

Edited by islander200