BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Taken from that article..

This is why we'll never progress with Mowbray, if you're signing players for any other reason than improving the first 11 then what's the point?

We have enough squad fillers as it is.

Mate, what’s he supposed to say? “Listen, a few of our first team are shit and we’re desperate to replace them”

He has to talk about “strengthening the group” and “creating competition” to maintain the harmony in the group. Every player who is signed has to be better than what you have or how do you sell it to the board?

Come on guys, we can read between the lines here. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

It’s not an “Uncle Tony” act, in fact someone else just pointed out other occasions when he has thrown players under the bus - and I don’t agree with that.

Management by fear is a very outdated and counterproductive strategy imo.

Each to their own.

Absolutely.

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s a shame there’s no sort of financial reward or incentive to get promoted 

Waggott and Mowbray should have a basic salary with big incentives for results - the biggest one to get us to the PL.

It is a results driven business and Waggott collects his £300k pa (according to the accounts - that's the salary of the highest paid director) irrespective, IMO, of how he performs and he's, IMO, nowhere near cutting the mustard.

Same, IMO, with Mowbray, big salary, long contract, no pressure.

Waggott and Mowbray, IMO, are on 'Easy Street' and need a feckin rocket up their arse - preferably one that takes them away from Ewood Park.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Too darn right it isn't after what's been spent. That said whether it's banged on about or not, it doesn't change the fact that work is needed to finish off the team. And call me cynical but I'm fairly confident part of the reason TM doesn't want it banged on about is because it highlights his weaknesses. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says its Waggott?

less than 2 years left on his contract isn't a long contract Mercer

The accounts show we have four directors: Waggott, Cheston, Babu and Coar.

Three of these are 'executive' directors with, presumably, Coar the non executive director.

The cost of benefits for the three 'executive' directors in the accounts to June 2019 was a staggering £570,158 with the highest director costing £319,329 (which can only be Waggott).  So these three (not so very wise men, IMO) earn more than the Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer and Foreign Secretary put together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, it is a scandalous waste of money on three individuals presiding over the decline of a once great football club.

As for Mowbray, he signed a new three and a half yeat contract in Nov. 2018 and if that isn't a long contract then I've been missing the point of my 40+ years in practice, business and commerce.  He should have been given a 12 month rolling contract with strong rewards for getting us back to the PL because, in reality, that's the bottom line and all that feckin matters. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

"Not the right time for me to be banging on about needing more money to finish this team off."

Hmmmmmm .... I think he just did bang on about it.

I wonder if he's losing any sleep over the money spunked on Smallwood and that other one who I can't even remember as he never played for us in what ... 3 years ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

The accounts show we have four directors: Waggott, Cheston, Babu and Coar.

Three of these are 'executive' directors with, presumably, Coar the non executive director.

The cost of benefits for the three 'executive' directors in the accounts to June 2019 was a staggering £570,158 with the highest director costing £319,329 (which can only be Waggott).  So these three (not so very wise men, IMO) earn more than the Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer and Foreign Secretary put together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, it is a scandalous waste of money on three individuals presiding over the decline of a once great football club.

As for Mowbray, he signed a new three and a half yeat contract in Nov. 2018 and if that isn't a long contract then I've been missing the point of my 40+ years in practice, business and commerce.  He should have been given a 12 month rolling contract with strong rewards for getting us back to the PL because, in reality, that's the bottom line and all that feckin matters. 

Look at what someone posted yesterday answers the highest salary point. 

I was more than happy with Mowbray signing that contract. He done very well.here. 

Well you might very well in practice, business and commerce for 40 years and I hope you done well for yourself during that time. Have you ever within a football club structure?

3 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Not in our league, but Tosin isn’t even in the squad for city’s carabao cup game tonight. Looking as though he’s no future there.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him on loan at another championship side.

He's in the last year of his contract.  City are looking to sell.  Several Premier League teams have been linked. 

@chaddyrovers the accounts show that there are 4 directors, Waggott, Cheston, Gandhi Babu and Coar. The previous accounts show the same 4 directors but Waggott was only employed by the club for 6 of the 12 months here.

The highest paid director was paid £319,329 in the latest accounts, and the highest director remuneration was £144,448 in the previous year, so just under half.

Baring in mind that Waggott is the CEO and the highest director payment doubled and the only change in the 4 directors was Waggott being here for 12 months rather than 6, it is safe to say that Waggott is definitely the person who received the £319,329. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers the accounts show that there are 4 directors, Waggott, Cheston, Gandhi Babu and Coar. The previous accounts show the same 4 directors but Waggott was only employed by the club for 6 of the 12 months here.

The highest paid director was paid £319,329 in the latest accounts, and the highest director remuneration was £144,448 in the previous year, so just under half.

Baring in mind that Waggott is the CEO and the highest director payment doubled and the only change in the 4 directors was Waggott being here for 12 months rather than 6, it is safe to say that Waggott is definitely the person who received the £319,329. 

I am fully aware of what the accounts say. 

Anyway I'm not interested in Waggott's salary but focusing on the signings we need in since this is the transfer thread. I want 2 and from Rich Sharpe's article Mowbray wants 3 signings

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just interested enough to deny it in an attempt to defend him and the club until the inevitable tangent that comes when you receive more information (that apparently you already know) that essentially proves otherwise.

Someone.posted other info suggesting it's not.Waggott salary. Yesterday in season tickets thread. 

But this is the transfer thread so I rather talk transfers in here not Waggott's salary 

Edited by chaddyrovers

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at what someone posted yesterday answers the highest salary point. 

I was more than happy with Mowbray signing that contract. He done very well.here. 

Well you might very well in practice, business and commerce for 40 years and I hope you done well for yourself during that time. Have you ever within a football club structure?

I've had dealings across football clubs (and you would be surprised about some of the people I've come across / dealt with), rugby clubs (both codes) and cricket clubs.

I can tell you I've found Executive Directors / Senior Managers (across the four sports) to have a very wide range of competence and nothing surprises me at all.  

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

And yet at the end of each full season he's been here, there's been improvement in our league position from the previous season ...

Marginal gains, very welcome after relegation but  now is the time to put the foot on the gas a bit more to show significant improvement because as we well know it can go backwards very quickly.

We've nothing at all to lose in having the 'just go for it' mentality.  At worst it's midtable again baring a serious injury crisis or selling players. No point tip tapping around now.

Edited by tomphil

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I've had dealings across football clubs (and you would be surprised about some of the people I've come across / dealt with), rugby clubs (both codes) and cricket clubs.

I can tell you I've found Executive Directors / Senior Managers (across the four sports) to have a very wide range of competence and nothing surprises me at all.  

I hope you pointed the incompetent ones towards 'Management for Dummies'? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Waggott and Mowbray should have a basic salary with big incentives for results - the biggest one to get us to the PL.

It is a results driven business and Waggott collects his £300k pa (according to the accounts - that's the salary of the highest paid director) irrespective, IMO, of how he performs and he's, IMO, nowhere near cutting the mustard.

Same, IMO, with Mowbray, big salary, long contract, no pressure.

Waggott and Mowbray, IMO, are on 'Easy Street' and need a feckin rocket up their arse - preferably one that takes them away from Ewood Park.

£320k pa isnt a ‘big salary’ for the CEO of an organisation turning over £15-20m a year. The expectation of that role and scale more than justifies the number.

Edited by Paul Mani