BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I just don’t get his thoughts that he hopes bringing players in may improve the first team. You bring players in that will improve the first team.

Let's see who we sign 1st. I would imagine the left back signing will be 1st choice. Proper competition for Bell. But you don't want to dent Bèll's confidence either

1 minute ago, Tormund said:

Not great when you can’t afford a Doncaster player?

Why would spend 2 million on player from league 1? 

Whiteman would be a good investment, but it can’t be the priority, and as a supporter base we should not only be accepting of that, but actively advocating for sensibility in the window.

40 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure Whiteman gets a game tbh....

Funniest post of the year.  Different level to Jonty...physically much stronger, passing is better.  His influence on games is better and his overall experience is miles ahead.

Best midfielder in league 1

Edited by Sparks Rover

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let's see who we sign 1st. I would imagine the left back signing will be 1st choice. Proper competition for Bell. But you don't want to dent Bèll's confidence either

Are you saying that Bell could get worse if his confidence is dented?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Funniest post of the year.  Different level to Jonty...physically much stronger, passing is better.  His influence on games is better and his overall experience is miles ahead.

That was the easiest rise of the year. Night Sparky ?

• Like 1

If Williams is staying and playing CB then I really think we need a first team left back as a priority.  Travis is a big loss but think the squad can cover it until he's back with the amount of midfielders we have.  Backup goalie maybe, but is it worth spending our limited budget on a backup goalie who may well end playing as many games as Leutwieler, when he played very few 1st team games?  Bell might be OK as a back up, but its obviously the area we are weakest.  I actually really like Bennet as a squad player, but he isnt a left back!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is his overall experience miles ahead? By my estimations Buckley has hundreds of minutes of Championship football on Ben Whiteman. If Whiteman comes here he’s not coming to play in League One.

Richie Smallwood is one of the leagues best midfielders at that level, but it doesn’t mean he’s the same quality a league above.

Probability says Whiteman would do okay, but to be so undeniably certain suggests there’s a hint of personal bias there to me.

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

Is his overall experience miles ahead? By my estimations Buckley has hundreds of minutes of Championship football on Ben Whiteman. If Whiteman comes here he’s not coming to play in League One.

Richie Smallwood is one of the leagues best midfielders at that level, but it doesn’t mean he’s the same quality a league above.

Probability says Whiteman would do okay, but to be so undeniably certain suggests there’s a hint of personal bias there to me.

He’s just a shit Richie Smallwood, shit Richie Smallllllwood...

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not saying we should spend that? I’m saying it’s a shock when you can’t afford a league one player?!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Not saying we should spend that? I’m saying it’s a shock when you can’t afford a league one player?!

English based players are more expensive...If he was that good someone would’ve spent the money. I reckon there’s probably 3 or 4 better midfielders than Whiteman at Rovers. 

Edited by Paul Mani

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Is his overall experience miles ahead? By my estimations Buckley has hundreds of minutes of Championship football on Ben Whiteman. If Whiteman comes here he’s not coming to play in League One..

Buckley has started about 5 games in his entire career.  Scored 1 goal.

Whiteman has nearly 150 and is captain of a top 4 league 1 team....

No comparison for me.  Biased or not.  I know who will have the best career. 

If Whiteman is that good why is he still at league 1 level after a number of seasons? 

Why would we pay 2 million pounds for League 1 midfielder who is out of contract next summer. Any money should be spent on left back and back up keeper.

Avoid please as we can do better for a centre midfield option if we need one like Herbie Kane or Josh Cullen.

He has played 127 games at league 1 level. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Buckley has started about 5 games in his entire career.  Scored 1 goal.

Whiteman has nearly 150 and is captain of a top 4 league 1 team....

No comparison for me.  Biased or not.  I know who will have the best career. 

???? maaaate...don’t do this to yourself. Buckley came on for 22 mins and created 5 chances and set up a goal IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!! 

Massive difference in class between League 1 and Championship. The likes of Travis, Buckley, Holtby and even a fit Johnson Would rip up League 1.

Smallwood is a great case in point. He was more impressive than Whiteman the last time he played in League 1!! Let that sink in...???

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Whiteman is that good why is he still at league 1 level after a number of seasons? 

We can do better for a centre midfield option if we need one

We might as well just get Smallwood back? 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its a good job we werent in the Championship when Dack became available if the rule is "if hes in League 1, hes not good enough, regardless of how much I have seen or not seen him."

Thankfully we were in League 1 so we’re able to take the risk. There are some good players in there but they usually get snapped up quick if they’re class. If they’re not top notch then clubs worry about them stepping up because the gap between Championship and League is is so big.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a good job we werent in the Championship when Dack became available if the rule is "if hes in League 1, hes not good enough, regardless of how much I have seen or not seen him."

But we signed when were league 1 club. 

Are you saying Whiteman is another Dack? We paid 750k for him. 

Would you pay 2 million for a league 1 midfielder who is out of contract in 9 months time?

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Bradley Dack was playing in League 1 at the same age.

Dack is the exception to the rule. Just focus on the former king of Ewood, big Richie if you want the rule! Because most League one players struggle.

Hopefully (for Whiteman, his mam and Sparks) Whiteman kicks on and has a good career. But I would be gambling the development of Buckley  or Travis by signing him.

• Like 1