BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Don't think that's it. The max Fleetwood are allowed to contribute is 2.5k p/w and we are still entertaining that. Shouldn't be an issue for a Championship side.

That would leave us paying close to £15k a week for a bloke not to play for us . Add that to the last 9 months when he has also been paid not to play for us and we’ve blown our brains. No wonder football clubs are deep in the soft stuff.

Doesnt really make me want tax payers money to be used to shore up an industry that’s rotten to the core and one that’s certainly no more deserving than any other part of the economy whose plight isn’t any where near as self inflicted as football is. 
The whole thing is pretty sickening tbh especially when it’s been fed to us by the likes of Swaggot on £300k a year .

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don't remember seeing him.  Ifs and buts, sadly a big disappointment and will slip down the divisions.

Meanwhile, my mate Ben is a top player. Strong and can control a game and has a great shot on him.  Get shut of pretenders like Davenport, Jonty etc and bring in proper players...come on Tony youve been flirting for 2 years now....wonder why when you have the likely lads already at your disposal....get your cheque book out man and sign a proper player for our future.. you know you want to....

I have not seen enough to form an opinion of Whitehead.

But I really think Buckley will prove you wrong.You can see in the matches he is growing in confidence, always asking for the ball.His assist for Arma was worth the tenner alone for ifollow last week imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I have not seen enough to form an opinion of Whitehead.

But I really think Buckley will prove you wrong.You can see in the matches he is growing in confidence, always asking for the ball.His assist for Arma was worth the tenner alone for ifollow last week imo

I hope you are right mate....we need all the good players we can get.  Doesn't change the fact that Mowbray is looking

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

My issue is that the gap in quality between the two divisions is so big that i find it hard to believe he’d make much of an impact.

Added to that, I believe, having watched our own midfielders play many times that those mentioned would walk into Doncaster’s team

Like a certain Bradley Dack and Gillingham ?

I do personally think it would be a luxury signing, plenty of areas in the back 5 need strengthening before I’d look at CM. Like yourself and others have said we have a good mix of players available there now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's not really gambling with their development if we are going to be playing a 3 man midfield. I also have my doubts that Buckley has what it takes. There have been plenty of players who haven't got the move until a bit later in their career. 

I don't. He created 5 chances against Wycombe, the most in the league despite only coming on fairly late as a sub. He is a class act.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m1st said:

Sorry, chaddy; what does this sentence mean, please?

It means I disagree with @roversfan99 comment on which he said he was poor. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

If Whiteman has 9 months left his best option is to see it out. He’ll probably treble his wages by holding out for 9 months. 

It does appear he signed a new contract last November until 2023. The site I looked on hasnt updated there data. So my apologies. 

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

He means he was excellent, and was in the EFL team of the week.

Yes I disagree with @roversfan99's comment who said he was poor last weekend. Which he wasn't. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Not really mate. I’ve given my reasons and ultimately I’m free to form pretty much any opinion I like.

My issue is that the gap in quality between the two divisions is so big that i find it hard to believe he’d make much of an impact. Added to that, I believe, having watched our own midfielders play many times that those mentioned would walk into Doncaster’s team...or any team in that league. Thus strengthening my resolve around signing Whiteman.

You're more than entitled to your opinion but I'd be a little more reserved personally.  If @Sparks Rover is to be believed, and i don't see why not, Mowbray and his scouting team have seen enough in him to have been following him for a while and meeting him twice this season, TM even hinted at interest himself.  If the Swansea rumour is true they also think he could be worth.  These two things seem to point to him having quite a bit of ability.  I don't recall him much from the game or two i have seen him play so I will withhold judgement but if he's half the player Sparks think he is then I'd love to sign him.  I'd presume he'd have to be a Venky special signing though which seems unlikely at the moment, and that Evans would probably need to go to Stoke (which may have happened if he was fit).

I'd expect he's a lot better than Smallwood though, who though he played a role in League One, didn't impress me that much.

I'm not a big fan of Johnson either though he does have some good games.

End of the day though I'd be spending whatever I had (presuming it's not much) on a quality left back.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

You're more than entitled to your opinion but I'd be a little more reserved personally.  If @Sparks Rover is to be believed, and i don't see why not, Mowbray and his scouting team have seen enough in him to have been following him for a while and meeting him twice this season, TM even hinted at interest himself.  If the Swansea rumour is true they also think he could be worth.  These two things seem to point to him having quite a bit of ability.  I don't recall him much from the game or two i have seen him play so I will withhold judgement but if he's half the player Sparks think he is then I'd love to sign him.  I'd presume he'd have to be a Venky special signing though which seems unlikely at the moment, and that Evans would probably need to go to Stoke (which may have happened if he was fit).

I'd expect he's a lot better than Smallwood though, who though he played a role in League One, didn't impress me that much.

I'm not a big fan of Johnson either though he does have some good games.

End of the day though I'd be spending whatever I had (presuming it's not much) on a quality left back.

Arghh come on mate. See Sparks last post. It’s a complete love in. There’s no perspective there. I’m still to be convinced the guys not a PNE fan.

As for Whiteman. I’m yet to see him do anything amazing. Hopefully he is class and we do sign him. But I think it’s doing a dis service to the likes of Trav, Holtby, Rothwell, Johnson, Buckley and Evans to say that this guy is much better than them when they would walk into any team in League 1. Including Doncaster’s. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Arghh come on mate. See Sparks last post. It’s a complete love in. There’s no perspective there. I’m still to be convinced the guys not a PNE fan.

Questioning somebody's credentials as a Rovers fan is a low blow. 

I don't know much about Whiteman but I do know he's highly rated from everything I've read. Whether @Sparks Rover is his mate or not is immaterial. 

I saw your post that tried to say as he's from league 1 he won't be much cop as the jump in quality to the Champ is too much. Bradley Dack shoots that theory down in flames.?

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18750122.rovers-contract-latest-mowbray-face-budget-balancing/

"Of last weekend’s starting line-up, Rankin-Costello, Derrick Williams, Amari’i Bell, Bradley Johnson, Lewis Holtby and Joe Rothwell are all out of contract next summer, while long-serving duo Elliott Bennett and Corry Evans also see their deals expire"

Nyambe is too I'm guessing.

Rothwell, JRC, Nyambe, Holtby (if he stays fit) to get new deals. JRC and Nyambe are priorities. 

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Whether @Sparks Rover is his mate or not is immaterial

It’s not immaterial. Some posters on here get blasted just for having normal, “I love Player X and he can do no wrong” kind of biases. So when someone is openly and overtly biased towards a player, I think @Paul Mani and others are entitled to question the sensibility of the suggestions.

You say Bradley Dack = League One players work, but the actual argument is that £2,000,000 on a League One player is perhaps a big risk.

Whiteman would cost the equivalent of 3 Bradley Dack’s, so we’re not just focusing on the merits of League One signings here, we’re focusing on the merits of spending multi-million pound fees on League One players.

Ivan Toney is a good example. He’s cost what, £8,000,000, from League One. It’s a huge risk, that someone’s been willing to take, but I wouldn’t have taken it.

Edited by JoeH