Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Butty said:

If we were due anything would we have not got it when he signed for the Dingles from Brentford? Or when he signed for Brentford from I think, Oldham? Why now?

They changed the rules a while back so that all the clubs that trained a player are entitled to a (Very) small 'solidarity' payment when a player moves. A fraction of a percent, the idea being that a non-league team that produces a premier league player gets money over the course of the players career, depending on how many years the player was with them. No idea if that would apply in this case, but if it did we might get a couple of thousand quid.

I know Jones is pie in the sky but I wouldn't want any overpaid egos in the squad and after x amount of years at manure he will inevitably fall into that bracket. 

I like our team. 

Edited by Feed the Yak

1 hour ago, Butty said:

He also had injury problems from a young age, struggled to stay fully fit for a long period. The Bellamy we saw at Ewood for that one season is the best striker I’ve seen play for us in my lifetime easily, I was born in 1996 by the way if you’re wondering why I’m not saying Shearer. He singlehandedly nearly got us in the champions league! 

What a shit year to be born, lol

I'm actually flabbergasted that no premier league team is taking Josh King?! 

There are a number of teams who are crying out for a player like him! 

6 hours ago, david brent said:

He did support Rovers when growing up. He was certainly mascot as a kid and I believe was a season ticket holder. Chorley lad where we’ve always had a decent following over the years. 

I don’t condone the comments you refer to though.

Yeh I didn't mean to imply he wasn't a fan, in name anyway, growing up. More that what he said gets his fan card revoked for me.

24 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I'm actually flabbergasted that no premier league team is taking Josh King?! 

There are a number of teams who are crying out for a player like him! 

Spurs desperate for a striker and will probably get him cheap on last day of transfer window.

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I really don't think he does. Described losing to us as his worst moment as a professional or something like that. Even though we needed the points desperately as we were in a relegation scrap.

To be fair if I played for Man United and lost at Old Trafford to a team managed by Steve Kean I think it would probably be my worst moment as well.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

To be fair if I played for Man United and lost at Old Trafford to a team managed by Steve Kean I think it would probably be my worst moment as well.

Consider fan card revoked!

26 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That did make me laugh. But I've messaged the mods to have you banned 😂

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jones hasn't progressed in any way. He still making the same mistakes that he was making as a 17 year old.

Seems like he's making more than he did as a 17 year old to me...from what little I watch or hear about Prem football these days.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jones hasn't progressed in any way. He still making the same mistakes that he was making as a 17 year old.

He’s been more like the next Jimmy Edwards than the next Duncan Edwards.

12 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

He’s been more like the next Jimmy Edwards than the next Duncan Edwards.

I recall a player who put his all into every challenge at the expense of injury and who played from back, brought ball forward. His main fault was putting himself into every challenge and risking injury (but he won most challenges/timed these well) but imo his work rate for Rovers/passion and contribution was never an issue. Oh how we have short memories / re write history as fans ( UTD signing doesn’t rewrite above) 

Edited by markhayhurst

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

he was never going to be anything other than a good stopper,big strong lad,good in the air and in the tackle but thats it,was never going to hold down the centre back position at utd with so much competition hence he was shunted all over the place,i guess he`s made plenty of money so maybe it was`nt such a bad move for him

13 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

I recall a player who put his all into every challenge at the expense of injury and who played from back, brought ball forward. His main fault was putting himself into every challenge and risking injury (but he won most challenges/timed these well) but imo his work rate for Rovers/passion and contribution was never an issue. Oh how we have short memories / re write history as fans ( UTD signing doesn’t rewrite above) 

but... after risking life and limb for his "beloved" Rovers for less than two years, a)what did he do/say then?

b) what did his actions (alongside his agent) cost his "beloved" Rovers in terms of transfer remuneration?

Someone shared this on Facebook:

48F02C74-CF54-4565-BD6E-B33A73B12B83.jpeg

Edited by skous18

2 minutes ago, skous18 said:

ANT gonna happen

Barry Douglas is 31 and played in both the Wolves and Leeds promotion teams. Douglas name has a fine Rovers pedigree too

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Barry Douglas is 31 and played in both the Wolves and Leeds promotion teams. Douglas name has a fine Rovers pedigree too

Alas, poor Jonathan, I knew him well..

Barry Douglas a top left back at this level but if he is the left back we bring in then Bell will still end up playing a lot of games,Douglas gets injured an awful lot

36 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

but... after risking life and limb for his "beloved" Rovers for less than two years, a)what did he do/say then?

b) what did his actions (alongside his agent) cost his "beloved" Rovers in terms of transfer remuneration?

Do we really need to go over the off record agreements and Speculated back pocket benefits between Big Sam and Alec F again. IMO Jones wasn’t the issue here. This has been debated long and hard in old treads.

Edited by markhayhurst

A quick look reveals that it is another randomer making up rumours to desperately impress a small twitter following. A couple of weeks ago the names were Manning which turned out to be bollocks due to price and Garbutt who went to Blackpool. One to be ignored.

38 minutes ago, skous18 said:

This is a school kid with too much time on their hands...195 followers...🤦‍♂️

73B26D6E-B59F-4E66-A9F6-386018543A5F.png

4044BB56-BE7E-4B1F-AA1E-6DCDF18ED172.jpeg

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A quick look reveals that it is another randomer making up rumours to desperately impress a small twitter following. A couple of weeks ago the names were Manning which turned out to be bollocks due to price and Garbutt who went to Blackpool. One to be ignored.

Replied to wrong post....so deleted

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

9 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Do we really need to go over the off record agreements and Speculated back pocket benefits between Big Sam and Alec F again. IMO Jones wasn’t the issue here. This has been debated long and hard in old treads.

So poor Phil was just....."badly advised"?