BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Jota is now a free agent after his contract was mutually terminated at Villa

Will want a decent wage. Can see him in Spain

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Any agent worth their salt would have been creating a lot of noise on behalf of Kaminski and Holtby.

Maybe there were not too many clubs that fancied either player.

Let's face it, according to Mowbray, we've lost at least one potential European signing to another club so perhaps you are overplaying the influence.

I think it's great we have a European resource but they need to deliver real tangible results like we've seen with the likes of Brenford and Norwich.  If and when that happens, I would be delighted.

Which, on the evidence to date, makes Mowbray and his team much better judges of players, yet you endlessly tell us they are useless.

Why do you think we have signed two quality players from Europe if we have a useless scouting network, a useless manager and no money?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

So what have they achieved in 12 months?

IMO, in terms of scores on the doors, virtually nothing as I am pretty certain Kaminski was not their baby but rather a result of a club / player bust up.

There you go again you can't just on a whim decide I'm not giving credit for that too them. Also did Holtby not train with us earlier in the pre season before we signed him someone set that up.

3 hours ago, blondie said:

In regards to Kaminski's situation, presumably enough gathered info was necessary to evaluate a purchase. 

No no Mercer has told us this agent rocked up with kamanski in his boot and told us he had a cracking deal on a keeper to which we blindly said yes too and got lucky that he was actually a keeper and not just a random guy.

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You have no idea who scouted kaminski, it fits your narrative.

I don't claim to know who scouted him. I claim he came from Europe, which he did. End of. Stop putting words in my mouth. Twice in an hour you've managed that.

46 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Samba was given new contracts before Venkys rocked up. The truth is nobody knows what the real story behind the Raya to Arsenal story barring a few individuals.

Maybe he was but I can only find one extension reported before Venkys arrived which was in response to his fine form after arriving for next to nothing and cementing himself as a major part of the first 11, otherwise known as reward for fine form. Could be wrong, who knows but clubs giving contracts to players to ward off interest usually publicly announce the new deal, you know like Brentford did with Raya ?‍♂️

The truth is nobody knows anything for certain but they take from the information widely available to make a educated guess. The educated guess is Arsenal had interest in Raya at the very least.

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

What utter twaddle!

fact there is no evidence to show a bid other than newspaper speculation!

fact Raya has shown himself to be inconsistent as a keeper.

fact he is not worth £10m otherwise if arsenal had bid it would have been done and dusted even if there was a loan back for a season so again this dissolves any thought if arsenals real interest.

fact arsenal went and bought someone else.

fact no one has been proven right other than rovers nabbing £3m and a sell on clause because that was the going rate at the time.

my opinion, you have yours!

lol except most of those are not facts, just opinion

twaddle indeed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sorry Chaddy, what experience in professional football do you have to have this opinion? 

Or is this just your opinion?

Look at Mowbray interview in the Lancs live that European scouting network is where he wants to be. Article from 25th June. https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/tony-mowbray-transfer-plans-how-18474116

Bruno Reis was appointed in December 2019 as Chief European Scout..

Rovers used a scouting system called Wyscout that's allow them to watch a vast range of leagues around the world at Brockhall. That's why we employed more scouts and data analysis people than ever. 

There is a number of scouting videos on YouTube from Head of recruitment from Mike Rigg, Victor Orta and Wolves head of recruitment. Plus Wyscout videos on there and how teams used it. Plus I listened to and read articles from Norwich Sporting Director Stuart Webber a number of times on Scouting and recruitment. Which is a great insight into how it all works. 

It isn't something that's takss days to implement but alot of months to set up. 

Not even sure why we are still arguing about Raya hes brentford's player now. Not really fussed we sold him decent keeper really good shot stopper but has a lot of costly mistakes in him and at 25 he still seems to make them for all he had a good season last season his errors ultimately cost them first automatic promotion and then the play off final its self.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

So what have they achieved in 12 months?

IMO, in terms of scores on the doors, virtually nothing as I am pretty certain Kaminski was not their baby but rather a result of a club / player bust up.

Achieved plenty Mercer but you do like to put some negative spin with anything regarding Rovers. So I am not going waste my time explaining things to you. Utterly pointless

53 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don't claim to know who scouted him. I claim he came from Europe, which he did. End of. Stop putting words in my mouth. Twice in an hour you've managed that.

Mowbray has said he and his recruitment team scouting him for period of time, so we knew all about him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Achieved plenty Mercer but you do like to put some negative spin with anything regarding Rovers. So I am not going waste my time explaining things to you. Utterly pointless

Mowbray has said he and his recruitment team scouting him for period of time, so we knew all about him. 

Kindly tell me what tangibles have been achieved?

I take what Mowbray says with a pinch of salt.  IMO, we've barely delivered on what he said in Blues Bar back in Feb 2019 and he promised lots! 

For a start, defenders are coming, defenders are coming.........one permanent signing in Ayala!!!

We are desperate for a left back but our Euro scouting team don't appear to be able to find a left back anywhere in Europe better than Bell and bear in mind we will be far more competitive on wages than swathes of Europe.  In my eyes, what an indictment on their role.

I am not interested in, IMO, what is Mowbray's bullsh1t.  Mowbray can talk the talk but, IMO, he can't walk the walk.

bit ff topic but rhian brewster has gone to sheff utd for 23 million quid, is it either sheff utd being naive in paying a ridicoulous  fee for a what appears to a journeyman footballer in waiting,(he certainly does`nt warrant that fee from what iv`e seen of him), or an indication that there is simply to much money flying around the premier league

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

bit ff topic but rhian brewster has gone to sheff utd for 23 million quid, is it either sheff utd being naive in paying a ridicoulous  fee for a what appears to a journeyman footballer in waiting,(he certainly does`nt warrant that fee from what iv`e seen of him), or an indication that there is simply to much money flying around the premier league

I think Brewster will be well worth the money they are paying.

• Like 1

Brewster isn't worth 23 million yet but will be he is quality.Liverpool have insisted on a buy back clause, shows they rate him .Scored 11 goals in 22 matches In his debut season for Swansea in this division.Not sure if you have seen him play much to describe him as a journeyman in waiting?He will play for England

Just now, islander200 said:

Brewster isn't worth 23 million yet but will be he is quality.Liverpool have insisted on a buy back clause, shows they rate him .Scored 11 goals in 22 matches In his debut season for Swansea in this division.Not sure if you have seen him play much to describe him as a journeyman in waiting?He will play for England

Tbh I've given up trying to figure out what anyones worth anymore

• Like 1

Covered the cost of thiago... 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at Mowbray interview in the Lancs live that European scouting network is where he wants to be.

In Europe probably...

That software was acquired one or two years ago although there were upgrades on the IT side again this summer.