BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

That's nothing compared to 2016 when they had 38 players on loan,i guess the idea must be sign a load of  young players or older players for cheap and loan out hoping to make a profit on them if the loan is successful.

Works well on Football Manager tbf. 

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thats the problem isnt it.....we have all been hoodwinked again into acceptong Del as a serious defender.   But when he does cock up, its ok because the guy who can't get into the team because of Del will step up and be the answer....doesn't make sense to me.

We had the same last season then he got found out although injury more or less ended it for him. He's doing well but isn't the long term answer and both he and Lenihen are likely to miss long spells through injury. We have Ayala which is good but need another experienced one in there imo.

Then the kids can be brought on bit by bit instead of being thrown in, hitting a bad patch then being replaced with another kid to repeat the action. We've a couple of good young defenders but probably not ready yet for anything more than token appearances it's a long old season.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

He will be playing under 23 football for the year if he doesn't go out on loan this season.

He is already behind Shaw and they have just signed Telles who will be ahead of him this year too.

Not saying we will sign him as we probably wouldn't pay the proportion of his wages that United would want but wouldn't be surprised to see him move to a championship club at least till January.Agree he looks to have a bright future in the game 

Not sure on that, I think he'll feature a lot this season, probably in at least 50% of their games and be a fixture in the matchday squad. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets in and around the England squad either.

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Apparently we have a left back who is currently playing as an holding midfielder for Gibraltar.....?? anyone?

I should have taken more note of Malta's 2-0 win against Gibraltar two days ago.

Malta rotated their squad so it was in effect a second XI and I hear we should have won more convincingly.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Louis Annesley has played centre back every time for us when I've seen him. 

Here is Rovers profile   https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/development-squad/profiles/defender/louie-annesley/

He does centre midfield for him like he did when they played Republic of Ireland under McCarthy 

He has looked very decent playing for the under-23s v City, Leicester and United. Looks cultured but also looks like he has errors in him without actually getting caught out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Not sure on that, I think he'll feature a lot this season, probably in at least 50% of their games and be a fixture in the matchday squad. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets in and around the England squad either.

Has he not been fit?As Shaw has been first choice and now Telles has joined Williams will be further away from the first 11.

They were talking to Southampton about loaning him out,I heard that it fell through as Southampton wouldn't commit to guaranteed playing time.

I just think if he was genuinely in United's thoughts to play this season then signing a left back wouldn't have been a priority to them.Not saying he won't make it at United as he has looked very good but if it's only going to be cup games and under 23s for him then surely it would be better he is loaned out until at least January

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The commentator said he was a left.back....

Ive never heard of him.  Big lanky awkward lad.  Not good enough for championship 

Played again for Gib today in their away win in Leichenstein.

He is just 20 and I certainly wouldn't rule him out.

When partnering Ayala, you wouldn't have known which was which at the back from their interceptions tackles and passing.

For a "big lanky awkward lad" he is pretty cultured playing the ball on the ground.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ive never heard of him.  Big lanky awkward lad.  Not good enough for championship 

Sparks with his finger on the pulse ..."Never heard of him ...Not good enough .." ...dear oh dear ..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Evidently not. As most of our youth players aren’t. Very rare you get a full eleven come through capable of CH football. But we need bodies to do well in the PL2

On 09/10/2020 at 12:04, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The first time I saw Gillespie was when he was playing in a  pre season friendly at Rochdale. It was Utd res v Rochdale 1st team. Beckham, Scholes, Butt, the Neville's were all playing. You could see they were good players but Gillespie was head and shoulders above any of them. It was like watching George Best all over again. He was really quick, had terrific foot speed with the ball, he could go either way and he was very direct. A left full backs bad dream.

He really missed his way.

He had a scrap with my mate outside Cuisine World in Accy. Great days. 

Fantastic footballer, world class boozer.

To further derail the thread I think that Chris Samba would’ve got into most teams in Europe at his peak for us. Monster.

7 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

As loans go, Brandon Williams may be a possibility due to the arrival of Telles

Hopefully not. Every time I’ve seen him he’s been diabolical.

9 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Hopefully not. Every time I’ve seen him he’s been diabolical.

I had been wondering if I had been hallucinating after all the cheering for getting Williams.

Not been impressed either when I have seen him.

Let's face it, the hurdle for getting into the current Manc defence is hardly very high.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

That's nothing compared to 2016 when they had 38 players on loan,i guess the idea must be sign a load of  young players or older players for cheap and loan out hoping to make a profit on them if the loan is successful.

The idea is they have one of the best Academies in the country. They hoover up any talent at a young age.

Leaves them with a huge playing staff that needs to be loaned out to get first team football. Obviously it turns a profit too.

It's a shame that it's allowed to happen as, more often than not, any stand out young player you see in the Championship is on loan from a PL club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Watched him for 90 mins and went off the commentator saying he was a Left back ..? ..dear oh dear ..

Stop being a wally Howie.  He was holding midfiels for 70 mins and then went left of a three for the last 20.  Comentator said at the beginning he was a left back at rovers.  I'd never heard of him so give it a rest.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

He has looked very decent playing for the under-23s v City, Leicester and United. Looks cultured but also looks like he has errors in him without actually getting caught out.

He's looked very promising since he arrived.  Good passer of the ball, reads the game well and decent in the air.  Not the finished article but hopefully will continue to develop. 

• Like 2