BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

18 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What annoys me is there is a constant chatter or more accurately threat of B teams with the likes of Chelsea etc being brought into the football league ala Spain to improve the England set up .

i can’t think of a worse idea . How about instead of having B teams and paying all these youth players 40 grand a week waving all fees in loaning them out to clubs that need the players they cannot afford in exchange for game time and experience. 

Getting really tired of seeing these small clubs struggling and teams like Chelsea hoovering up all the talent with the vast majority going stale in a youth set up before vanishing 

If I was a PL goliath like Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool / Man U I'd look into turning a local, lower league, club into a feeder club. 

Then just loan them 5+ Academy players every year.

Somewhere close enough that you can keep an eye on all of your players.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If I was a PL goliath like Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool / Man U I'd look into turning a local, lower league, club into a feeder club. 

Then just feed them 5+ Academy players every year.

Somewhere close enough that you can keep an eye on all of your players.

Exactly.

I was having daydreams of Mowbray lemon drizzle-charming Klopp and getting the pick of Liverpool reserves in perpetuity after the two friendlies recently.

So why don’t they just do it under the radar and more amicably/respectfully like this? Build relationships? Support local clubs and wider communities? Develop players?

Because the super clubs aren’t football clubs now. They’re multinational corporations and have priorities as such.

It isn’t about developing home-grown players and propping up the EFL. It’s about monopolisation, it’s about controlling more and more assets, about eating into a potential customer base and is propelled by the pathological need for constant expansion and constant growth. 

Kill your competitors - the big money mantra.

PL clubs just can’t understand what makes football culture in this country so special, and they really don’t care, in fact they actually despise it’s market share. So B-teams, from a purely big business standpoint, are highly, highly, desirable and we won’t hear the last of this until they fuck off into a Euro league.

But if a slave owning super club enters the English football pyramid as a complete entity with their overpaid kids and mercenary reserves then I really think that I’d be totally done with league football as a whole.

Suspect I’m not alone.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Yup. 

He’s shite.

Bell is better.

Nailed my colours to the mast on Williams, I firmly believe he's destined for a very good career at PL level. Feel free to remind me of this if he doesn't....but you won't need to.

• Like 2

Brandon Williams will be a good premier league player make no mistake over that. Luke shaw is very injury prone and with Telles being a new acquisition and an unknown in terms of acclimatising to a new league, area etc they don’t always settle quickly and it may or may not work out. If I was Williams I’d be staying around and waiting for my chance. 

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Brandon Williams will be a good premier league player male no mistake over that. Like shaw is very injury prone and with Telles being a new acquisition and an unknown in terms of acclimatising to a new league, area etc they don’t always settle quickly and it may or may not work out. If I was Williams I’d be staying around and waiting for my chance. 

They discussed him going on loan on Talkshite this week but OGS reckons no chance because he is right footed and provides cover at right back for them . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Nailed my colours to the mast on Williams, I firmly believe he's destined for a very good career at PL level. Feel free to remind me of this if he doesn't....but you won't need to.

Absolutely that lad Williams won't be going on loan at all. He will get plenty of games this season at united. Shaw will be the fall guy now they have signed a new left back. I seen something the other day and was gobsmacked by it. Luke Shaw is the highest paid full back in world football lol

32 minutes ago, LDRover said:

If he comes here, I hope you’re right,

But imo - if he wasn’t Utd youth he’d be a Burton Albion player at best.

I’ll stake my non-existent reputation on it!

1 minute ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Brandon Williams? 

Maybe a bit harsh with the Burton Albion comment ?

But seen nothing that makes me think he’ll be a top player at all. Apart from the team he plays for.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Lol he is quality and highly rated. Will be in and about that united first team all season. 

That would say more about Man U than him.

Game of opinions, but I must’ve watched him 5-10 times, on telly, when drinking, and I’ve decided to write the kid off.

As is the way ?

• Like 5

Right footed left backs is up there along with agents, SEM etc of things I don't like in football. I would stay away for that reason alone, which might sound a little crazy, but I feel that it narrows you up and you loose balance.

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 2

We don't need Downing back if he wasn't interested in the first offer he's obviously been holding out for money. Put it elsewhere otherwise it's down the drain again.

How can we moan about money for stadium maintanence then condone filling the pockets of another of Tony's pals ?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We don't need Downing back if he wasn't interested in the first offer he's obviously been holding out for money. Put it elsewhere otherwise it's down the drain again.

How can we moan about money for stadium maintanence then condone filling the pockets of another of Tony's pals ?

Didn't we withdraw the offer to him or have I imagined that?

Not sure I'm that keen to be honest. He did a good job for us but I don't see where he fits in now and he's too expensive to be a bench man.