BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

57 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Didn't we withdraw the offer to him or have I imagined that?

Not sure I'm that keen to be honest. He did a good job for us but I don't see where he fits in now and he's too expensive to be a bench man.

It sounds like they made him one that was less than last year just going off whats been said and he decided to sit on it for a bit. Fair enough i'm not having a pop at him he's got to look after himself. I'm only concerned with Rovers though and i think chucking another million or half million at him is a bit pointless when it can be put towards something a bit more urgent.

Agree it's pointless having yet another expensive squad man around the place his form could disappear overnight as we've seen with Mulgrew and Whittingham god bless him. 

I know Mowbrays rates him highly but he should be learning from past mistakes now and i don't think this season Downing would be the difference between top 6 and mid table.  Those wages could go a long way towards something younger.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-stewart-downing-contract-19078138

A Downing return possible

There are worse options to have at left back...

Too slow to play in our most effective system and would end up being shoehorned into midfield on occasion so a big no from me.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54496129

West Ham seemingly losing interest in Josh King & moving onto Benrahma. I can't see us getting anything useful out of King this window, whether for transfers or to plug covid-related gaps in income.

West Brom still interested in King.

Benrahma is not Prem class- would be a big mistake by West Ham.

41 minutes ago, philipl said:

West Brom still interested in King.

Benrahma is not Prem class- would be a big mistake by West Ham.

Ffs why does everybody keep losing interest in King? He isn't that expensive for a proven, pacey Premier League striker in today's market, especially to Prem clubs. Even at 28 and with covid going on.

If he doesn't sell in this window, we are getting buttons at best, as the only remaining chance will be in Jan with 6 months left on his deal. At which point he will probably just sign a pre-contract with a foreign club.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ffs why does everybody keep losing interest in King? He isn't that expensive for a proven, pacey Premier League striker in today's market, especially to Prem clubs. Even at 28 and with covid going on.

If he doesn't sell in this window, we are getting buttons at best, as the only remaining chance will be in Jan with 6 months left on his deal. At which point he will probably just sign a pre-contract with a foreign club.

Media saying King asking for  90 grand a week if true then it would be quite an expensive deal to do 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

and Jockey is wearing blue and white. This is Ewood Park first race. Trained by Olly Murphy 

Owned by the Mcneill Family, they've also got an unraced 4 year old called Shearer, and they tried to name one ArteEtLabore but that's already reserved apparently. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

I thought Mercer would be all over this ...5.20 pm today  Newton Abbot races ...Ewood Park 5/1 at the mo ..

And NO.. im not saying back this !!

Why is it running in claret and blue ?