BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 hours ago, philipl said:

West Brom still interested in King.

Benrahma is not Prem class- would be a big mistake by West Ham.

Armstrong would be a cheaper option for them - flagged some time ago understood there was interest from WBA in Armstrong.

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

I thought Mercer would be all over this ...5.20 pm today  Newton Abbot races ...Ewood Park 5/1 at the mo ..

And NO.. im not saying back this !!

Looked at it but said no - wife chooses her horses by name / fancy, ignoring all conventional betting wisdom and she put a fiver on Onemorefortheroad which came in at 14/1 (15.0)!

Edited by Mercer

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Looked at it but said no - wife chooses her horses by name / fancy, ignoring all conventional betting wisdom and she put a fiver on Onemorefortheroad which came in at 14/1 (15.0)!

Unbelievable Jeff!!! 

Congratulations Mrs. Merce ..can you now please replace Mr. Merce on BRFSC please ....

54 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Wrapping up his negotiations to sign for the famous Blackburn Rovers, or just that shite in his last match?

Probably shite. He's played pretty good for the National team last years, but had a real stinker against a very good Winger. Didn't get much help either. But lack of match fitness clearly showed. 

Euro's came to early for our "golden" generation, but blew Romania away today 4-0, with a Haaland / Odegaard masterclass. Northern Irland up next, probably afraid of Haaland from last match. 

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Wrapping up his negotiations to sign for the famous Blackburn Rovers, or just that shite in his last match?

Shite, the coach said he was exhausted after the Serbia game. Probably just an excuse to not play him (since he seems to be one of his favourite players), his replacement was very good.

If Arma does get snapped up, not the end of the world because it dramatically eases the FFP noose we are operating with.

Having said that, I'd far prefer having Arma and the FFP headache.

Will be interesting to see if any players can go out on loan given the wages caps in Leagues 1 and 2. 

9 hours ago, Swanson said:

Shite, the coach said he was exhausted after the Serbia game. Probably just an excuse to not play him (since he seems to be one of his favourite players), his replacement was very good.

Let’s sign his replacement then ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

If Arma does get snapped up, not the end of the world because it dramatically eases the FFP noose we are operating with.

Having said that, I'd far prefer having Arma and the FFP headache.

Will be interesting to see if any players can go out on loan given the wages caps in Leagues 1 and 2. 

He should be the nailed on 10+ per season man now so if he left it would be a big blow.  We'd probably muster enough for another mid table finish but i wouldn't bank on it and we could kiss goodbye to any ambitions this season.

Unless they pulled a rabbit out the hat very cheap to step in.

3 hours ago, Swanson said:

Hehe I wish, he signed for Nimes this summer. The fee was less than 1 million euros.

Was Aleesami poor in the Intl. he played because he's not been playing much football, or is he just a bit average in general?

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Was Aleesami poor in the Intl. he played because he's not been playing much football, or is he just a bit average in general?

He was poor against Serbia, but the whole team was poor in general. As I have mentioned before, our national coach tends to play his favourites every time. Like Alesaami (no club), Stefan Johansen (not playing at Fulham) and Markus Henriksen (without a club for several months, still played).  My opinion on Alesaami have changed after the Serbia, I tought he has been decent before, but now he seems poor. He probably just lacks game time, but I would prefer a younger player.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swanson said:

He was poor against Serbia, but the whole team was poor in general. As I have mentioned before, our national coach tends to play his favourites every time. Like Alesaami (no club), Stefan Johansen (not playing at Fulham) and Markus Henriksen (without a club for several months, still played).  My opinion on Alesaami have changed after the Serbia, I tought he has been decent before, but now he seems poor. He probably just lacks game time, but I would prefer a younger player.

Either way the lad is without a club and he surely knows that there are some speculations of teams being interested in him. He should have done/tried his best in order to warrant a contract somewhere, but as it seems he has massively flopped. Id stay away.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to disagree, it would turn a half decent window into a near disaster.

Not if we get £20m.

I would play Dack there. And we have a lot of good youngsters coming through.

Armstrong does have a bad habit of getting caught offside.

But hopefully we keep all our main players. 

The amount we receive would be largely irrelevant as regards the rest of this season.

If we could guarantee Dack was fully fit and back to normal by next week say, then yes that would make all the difference in the world but we don't even know for sure at this stage if he'll come back the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Not if we get £20m.

I would play Dack there. And we have a lot of good youngsters coming through.

Armstrong does have a bad habit of getting caught offside.

But hopefully we keep all our main players. 

20 million is no good for our promotion chances if we can't spend it.

It's too late into the window to entertain any offers for Armstrong.

Personally don't see any Prem team bidding what we would want for Armstrong now.The teams looking to sign players are targetting the like of King and Sarr

• Like 3