BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

I'll let Davenport move on. 

Think he does need to go out for games ,Mowbray can't be his biggest fan.Shame though as the games he has been involved I thought he looked ok.

I know you are an Evans fan but mate his heart isn't in the club, how many times has he been injured for us then the minute international on he fit again.I know he your fellow countryman and you rate him but he goes on the missing list a way too much for us and he be on decent money too.If Stoke were interested id let him go they would pay us a fee

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Think he does need to go out for games ,Mowbray can't be his biggest fan.Shame though as the games he has been involved I thought he looked ok.

I know you are an Evans fan but mate his heart isn't in the club, how many times has he been injured for us then the minute international on he fit again.I know he your fellow countryman and you rate him but he goes on the missing list a way too much for us and he be on decent money too.If Stoke were interested id let him go they would pay us a fee

If this Norwich guy fits the bill and Johnson and Holby keep up their form I would tend to agree.

We do have Buckley, and eventually Travis to come back after all. A fee would come in handy.

Edited by Vilesinner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, unsall said:

feeling Brennan from u23s could be the next one to break through, impressed every time I’ve seen him.

Butterworth is next. Only reason he’s not at Travis’ level is a long term injury. The lad has serious talent, and will definitely work his way back in. Our striking dept. is fairly low in terms of bodies, as well as proven quality, he’ll get chances. 

Despite his goals so far for the Under 23’s, my viewing says Butterworth is far superior to McBride, but that’s just my personal opinion.

Brennan a few years and a final pass off yet for me.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Hoping we see a few of the championship big hitters make move's to the Premier league tomorrow.A lot of our rivals could be weakened by 5 pm.Hope King gets a move

Would be mental if King doesn’t get a move tomorrow,  he has been on the verge for signing for 6 or 7 clubs this summer

• Like 2

Just now, JoeH said:

Butterworth is next. Only reason he’s not at Travis’ level is a long term injury. The lad has serious talent, and will definitely work his way back in. Our striking dept. is fairly low in terms of bodies, as well as proven quality, he’ll get chances. 

Despite his goals so far for the Under 23’s, my viewing says Butterworth is far superior to McBride, but that’s just my personal opinion.

McBride seems like a proper 9, whereas Butterworth is more of a floating forward. With Vale, McBride and Butterworth all looking good I’m not surprised we haven’t gone for another striker.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, JoeH said:

The burst into the box and cross shot against Bolton was very encouraging. Unfortunately, like Davenport and Holtby, he seems to be another who is very talented but made of glass.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Unfortunately, I'm fully expecting Butterworth to end up injured again before he can really break into the side. It just seems to have happened to him too much already in his short career.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Hoping we see a few of the championship big hitters make move's to the Premier league tomorrow.A lot of our rivals could be weakened by 5 pm.Hope King gets a move

On the flip side, we need to also hope there isn't some late move of one of our good players. Signs so far are we should be fine though.

Would like to see some of the youngsters go out on loan, mind.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

On the flip side, we need to also hope there isn't some late move of one of our good players. Signs so far are we should be fine though.

The fax won't be working in the bungalow compound before 5pm UK time.

They are six and a half hours ahead so their working day is already nearly done...

7 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas 

Johnson, Holtby, Rothwell

Dolan, Arma, Brereton

Stergiakis / Pears

JRC, Williams, Wharton / Magloire, Bell

Travis, Buckley, Davenport / Trybull 

Chapman, Gallagher, Dack

Plus potentially Downing, with Vale, McBride, Brennan, Butterworth and a few others looking good behind them in the U23s

I've probably missed some, and there's a couple of assumptions and a couple of square pegs in there too, but overall I'd say any combination of the above two 11s has a chance of matching anything else in this division this season.

Reasons to be hopeful I think.

This is a season like no other.

This big squad of first team capable players will be needed with two games a week every week.

We will also be coming up against tired teams where players will either not be 100% or the deputies will not be Championship standard. Injuries will be a big issue as niggles won't heal playing so frequently and mental and physical tiredness will contribute to more bad tackles.

The key is both squads are in the 4-3-3 formation.

If the system of playing is tinkered with and players aren't instinctively attuned to the role they are slotted into then this squad system won't work. It has to be Tony Tombola on personnel, not Tony over thinking the opposition or random formations, tactics and subs.

NO EXCUSE NOW FOR PLAYERS PLAYING OUT OF POSITION EITHER.

There is going to be a big challenge keeping all this lot happy. You have mentioned 18 names which won't be in the first eleven. 

Only 7 get on the subs bench.

Only 11 of the excluded 18 automatically qualify for the under-23s but the under-23s are 4th in their top division with a game in hand on the clubs above them playing without those 11 mostly... Then there are the under 18s going well.

I don't know whether you noticed but Evans and Bennett are both totally missing from your post... So make that 20 competing for seven places on the bench.

Edited by philipl

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Norwich fans seem to think he's not as good as Elliott Bennett. 

Is his girlfriend joining the squad too?

image.thumb.jpeg.0a33a3b53ca44d9db527946a23ca2a5b.jpeg

According to Norwich fans, Anna is an outspoken presence on social media. Tom said nothing but she had her say about how Norwich got relegated.

They are married from a post I saw.

Really this is just an excuse to quote jim's post...

Edited by philipl
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Butty said:

Looking like the best transfer window we’ve had in a while. I won’t lie I’m actually quite optimistic about the season ahead! That being said though my only worry is if Arma was to get injured we don’t have anyone to replace his goals or even a fraction of them up top, Brereton and Gallagher are poor backup options striker wise but hey ho, top six here we come lads ?

We would need someone to step up just like Arma did when Dack got injured. Not so long ago there were Rovers fans who who were unsure if AA could even be counted as a ‘good’ signing when reeling them off...

These young lads just need time. Hopefully Arma holds off any injuries until Dack is back but I genuinely think Gally in the middle of the three in this team might get going. Especially with some good deliveries into the box.

6 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

If this Norwich guy fits the bill and Johnson and Holby keep up their form I would tend to agree.

We do have Buckley, and eventually Travis to come back after all. A fee would come in handy.

I think Trybull is cover for Johnson. It’s a tough role to play as the pivot in a three man midfield.

We then have Trybull, Evans and Buckley covering Johnson, Holtby and Rothwell.

I can see Evans going in Jan when Travis is fit, or for £1m today before being replaced by Downing.

Gutted for Davenport. Obv not trusted to step up. Would ideally need to go out into the bottom of the champ and play 30 games in a midfield three before coming back next season as Johnson’s successor. Hope he’s got it in him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Has done well particularly given limited cash.

So, if we don't make TOP 6 at least, no excuses eh?

No, I think (assuming these three get done today) that pound for pound, we’ve had the best window in the Championship this summer.

We need to stay in the top 6 for as long as possible and get comfortable in there imo. In Ayala, Douglas and Trybull he’s brought in three players at an average age of 29 with I think 6 promotions out of Championship between them. Kaminski freshly back from International duty is 27....and Dolan...well Dolan is a brilliant added bonus.

We HAVE to get in the top 6 this year. Best team on paper:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Douglas

Travis Johnson Holtby

Dolan Dack Arma

We still have a full XI chomping at the bit behind them - Pears / Stergiakis, JRC, Williams, Wharton, Bell, Rothwell, Trybull, Buckley, Chapman, Gally and Brereton.

And then Bennett, Evans, Butterworth, Vale, Carter, Davenport etc...

No excuses. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No, I think (assuming these three get done today) that pound for pound, we’ve had the best window in the Championship this summer.

We need to stay in the top 6 for as long as possible and get comfortable in there imo. In Ayala, Douglas and Trybull he’s brought in three players at an average age of 29 with I think 6 promotions out of Championship between them. Kaminski freshly back from International duty is 27....and Dolan...well Dolan is a brilliant added bonus.

Kaminski

Travis Johnson Holtby

Dolan Dack Arma

We still have a full XI chomping at the bit behind them - Pears / Stergiakis, JRC, Williams, Wharton, Bell, Rothwell, Trybull, Buckley, Chapman, Gally and Brereton.

No excuses. 

Its a good a first 15/16 players we have had at this level for a while if we get these signings over the line today, and on paper we should at least be looking at the top six.

However my biggest concern is can Mowbray knit it all together? Having so many options available is dangerous for him as we have seen many times before, he'll mess around with that side for weeks until he settles on something.

If he has finally learned, and keeps a mostly settled side and system (I know with the fixtures this year there be have to be the odd rotation) then I'm quietly confident we can do something.

If Gallagher starts on the wing tomorrow though I'm afraid we'll be back to square one!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, philipl said:

According to Norwich fans, Anna is an outspoken presence on social media. Tom said nothing but she had her say about how Norwich got relegated.

They are married from a post I saw.

Really this is just an excuse to quote jim's post...

She looks a handful!

36 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Its a good a first 15/16 players we have had at this level for a while if we get these signings over the line today, and on paper we should at least be looking at the top six.

However my biggest concern is can Mowbray knit it all together? Having so many options available is dangerous for him as we have seen many times before, he'll mess around with that side for weeks until he settles on something.

If he has finally learned, and keeps a mostly settled side and system (I know with the fixtures this year there be have to be the odd rotation) then I'm quietly confident we can do something.

If Gallagher starts on the wing tomorrow though I'm afraid we'll be back to square one!

I think he tinkers when he can’t find the formula. Once he find it (eg 4231 the year we got out of League 1), then the team seems to pick itself as it did that year.

Theyve worked for roughly 12 months on this transition to high octane, possession based play in a 433...it seems to be just about bearing some fruit...so fingers crossed.

As for Gally, who knows? I think he’d be better down the middle but in my mind I keep seeing swirling crosses from Douglas on the left and Gally steaming in at the back post leaping half a body above the defender before sending a crashing header....but then the vision ends...does he hit the net or not? Guess we’ll see! 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

but then the vision ends...does he hit the net or not? Guess we’ll see! 

I think we both know the answer to that!

He would probably still be stood on the penalty spot, his anticipation seems close to zero.

On merit he shouldn't be in the side tomorrow, let's see what happens.

I've been super critical of Mowbray over the last 12 months, but if he gets these deals over the line today then I think he has definitely earned another go at it, but anything lower than 6th will be a huge failure this season.

• Like 1

Not to tempt fate but it almost feels a bit underwhelming that we know the identities of players before they sign now. Takes all the surprise/excitement out of deadline day. Having said that, Douglas, Trybull and Pears would make us top 2 contenders never mind top 6. The league is wide open for whoever wants it. With Dack and Travis back just before January, that's like 2 signings right there too. Still hoped/wanted a striker/wide man in, think we're a bit limited there, but that's just being greedy.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Kaminski

Travis Johnson Holtby

Dolan Dack Arma

No excuses. 

Agreed. Reckon Rothwell is definitely a starter though even when Travis is back. But then who do you drop from Travis/Johnson/Holtby? I suppose there are so many games that the whole squad will get pitch time.

• Like 2