Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

How's Mowbray going to keep this lot happy and seriously, how much playing time is a 17-year-old going to get ?

I'd say a fair bit as hes really quite good

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

How's Mowbray going to keep this lot happy and seriously, how much playing time is a 17-year-old going to get ?

He is and around the Liverpool first team squad,Multi Millon pound transfer already from Fulham.He made his debut for Fulham at 15

Dolan is only 18 he has started.

Elliot is a top signing.

Edited by islander200

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Believe Championship clubs have to register their 25 man squads with the Efl on Tuesday. Anybody fancy working out Rovers squad? 

1 minute ago, Beanie01289 said:

I'd say a fair bit as hes really quite good

Is a 17-year-old going to be picked over Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Travis (when fit), the Norwich lad, and all the other experienced midfield players on the books?

I don't think so....unless Liverpool have a clause in the deal guaranteeing him game time. 

Looking like a great day of business today if Elliott goes through, and a very good window, with all key areas supported that really needed it.

Just the one issue...

The goalkeeper hoarding is ridiculous, especially if Fisher doesn't go out on loan. He should have already been sent out as we are well covered there and he doesn't look good enough to be the backup anyway, rather have used any of the other young goalies. Now we are just going to have a pissed off bunch of youth goalies if Fisher doesn't go. It would be Fisher, the Greek, Hilton when returned, and even Eastham all fighting it out for one u23 spot! Eastham probably isnt getting near that tbh due to seniority from the others, so that makes it him, Goddard and Dowling is it, fighting for one u18 spot. Too many is better than too few if it's in budget, but goddamn that's excessive.

Overall I think we have been over cautious with the youngsters going out on loan in general, and it will stall their development. Apart from that, all looking good for the first team, just hope the signings prove as good as we hope.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Is a 17-year-old going to be picked over Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Travis (when fit), the Norwich lad, and all the other experienced midfield players on the books?

I don't think so....unless Liverpool have a clause in the deal guaranteeing him game time. 

You don't know the player so how can you comment wether he will start or not?

Dolan is playing he is only 18.If you are good enough you are old enough.

Made his debut for Fulham at 15.Plays for Liverpool in cup competitions

Edited by islander200

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Elliott will play one of the wide roles in the front 3. Which is the area where we are weakest.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Depends if said 17 year old is good enough. Jude Bellingham was a regular in the league for Birmingham at 17.....then signed for Dortmund for £25m. I'd hazard a guess that Elliott is good enough.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

He's a winger isn't he?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

You don't know the player so how can you comment wether he will start or not?

Just posing the question ....... is that allowed in a discussion forum?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Just posing the question ....... is that allowed in a discussion forum?

No negativety allowed today no😊

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You've just named a series of players that don't play in the same position as him. He's an attacking midfielder and primarily plays on the wing. So he's going to be challenging Brereton, Dolan, Chapman & Gallagher (if we persist in playing him out wide) for a starting spot.

14 minutes ago, Prelude said:

Loves a slide tackle, good interceptions, good short and long range passer and strong on the ball! Looks good! 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGaGyy-Ko6a/?igshid=1stx0o22tktxw

That seems like a goodbye too, he out of contract as well or do we have permanent deals written in to these loans do we think?

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He’s a winger mate. Keep up will ya

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Depends if said 17 year old is good enough. Jude Bellingham was a regular in the league for Birmingham at 17.....then signed for Dortmund for £25m. I'd hazard a guess that Elliott is good enough.

If he were in that sort of bracket he wouldn't be on loan to us. 

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

You've just named a series of players that don't play in the same position as him. He's an attacking midfielder and primarily plays on the wing. So he's going to be challenging Brereton, Dolan, Chapman & Gallagher (if we persist in playing him out wide) for a starting spot.

There's going to be an awful lot of unhappy players in Mowbray's squad. As someone has pointed out, Mowbray can only pick 11.

On the other hand, the bran tub of Tony's Tombola has just got even deeper.

Stand by for more chopping and changing and different tactics every week to try and keep the camp happy.  

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Liverpool known for those sort of clauses, He will have to play a certain of of games or there’s a fee involved, I find it very clever

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No but he will play out wide 

Hope we manage to get the Liverpool lad done in time, for some strange reason he's the one of today's signings I'm most excited about.

We've gone from having a 34 year old spearheading the attack to potentially having two outstanding young talents with a combined age of 35 providing much of our threat.

Much more like it.

20 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Said all along Vs aren't bothered about that they'd fund it without fans permanently i reckon.  As long as there was plenty televised publicity.

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If he were in that sort of bracket he wouldn't be on loan to us. 

There's going to be an awful lot of unhappy players in Mowbray's squad. As someone has pointed out, Mowbray can only pick 11.

On the other hand, the bran tub of Tony's Tombola has just got even deeper.

Stand by for more chopping and changing and different tactics every week to try and keep the camp happy.  

Jesus Christ, are you being negative to play devils advocate? If we’d signed nobody you’d be complaining that we have too small of a squad

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Notepad_202010161620_03050.thumb.png.8fec6e3eb6ab770a5e84ac66aad7fe4e.png

According to my reckoning means no Chapman in the 25 Apologies if I missed anyone else

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

According to my reckoning means no Chapman in the 25 Apologies if I missed anyone else

Can we get someone to take Evans off our hands in the next 30 mins?

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Do you have to register youngsters 

In most leagues and competitions anyone under a certain age does not need to be registered.

Edited by Beanie01289