Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

12 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

Sunderland are a basket case.  We are better than Sunderland and I couldn’t care less about them.

I think you will find MMLP's was an Ironic comment.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He is one of the signings that I would say I am most happy with. Ayala is the main one for me, the one I am most confident on but I am happy with Douglas.

The injuries are of course a concern and I would have preferred Cunningham, who also has injury conerns. Also, my worry is that we are in a similar position to in net a year ago, in 12 months we havent got a left back, Douglas will be a free agent but also 32. But I am happy with his signing, I think he is a big upgrade, he also can give us good set pieces which is a bonus. I dont think pace is critical and he will be an attacking threat.

How do you know that in twelve months we will not have a left back ?

Sharpe said on twitter that the Downing deal isn't costly.Must be coming in on reduced terms 

Hatiam Alesaami has signed for FC Rostov now.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Sharpe said on twitter that the Downing deal isn't costly.Must be coming in on reduced terms 

Can't see him getting that much game time to be honest...

9 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Hatiam Alesaami has signed for FC Rostov now.

Can't see him getting that much game time to be honest...

Hopefully will have a player coach role. I think it would be good to have an eye on the future, although DJ may have that job in the bag. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I still genuinely believe both of those players will play a part in our success this season. 

Like every Rovers fan, I'm desperate to be proved wrong, but the fact that our £12 million strikeforce will both be on the bench when everyone is fit, is all I need to say on this. 

9 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Big Sam was in charge, fans were restless as not hitting heights of Hughes. We had no money, Walker family wanted out wouldn’t invest. We was always going down. If Venkys knew then what they did now they could of saved us, but they didn’t.

Point is with or with out them, I know we finished 10th, but you could see writing on the wall. 

Venkys were awful don’t get me wrong, but now they aren’t, so quit crying and back the new era.

There's no way we would have got relegated under Big Sam. The first thing I did when I heard he'd been fired was to look at the league table to see how many points we needed to get to safety. I knew we were in trouble from that point.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Like every Rovers fan, I'm desperate to be proved wrong, but the fact that our £12 million strikeforce will both be on the bench when everyone is fit, is all I need to say on this. 

Agreed, Gally will never be effective out wide and I'm yet to see what BB offers. 

I honestly think they both look like relics of his old style and don't fit in with his new Liverpool-style approach. Dolan and Elliot are both quick and nippy like Mane and Salah. Gally and BB both look laboured in comparison. 

He'll play both BB and SG today!

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, the sort of stuff we were taught at Primary School.

I had a secretary years ago, lovely kind lady, great typist but always got "not" and "now" mixed up. In a sales report it could make a hell of a difference!

Two that even draughtsmen used to get wrong all the time - Guage ( Gauge ) and  Gaurd ( Guard ).

Downing is being brought in because Bennett is injured. That’s the only reason I can see for why it is happening! I’m not against it in that sense, we need some experience on the bench.

Well that was a fun day deadline wise, made even better because I woke up this morning and it wasn't a dream! 

Some excellent looking additions have been made across this window offering a real mix of competition, depth, creativity  potential & winning experience, all done at relatively low cost. Equally significantly, we've kept hold of our main men whilst having moved on some of those who no longer offered enough value.

I'm really pleased, though of course the proof will be in the pudding & TM has given himself some real positive selection headaches. I think he views this season, rightly, as the one to go for it. Certainly subject to luck with injuries, he's got to be achieving top 6 now minimum as he's assembled the tool to do it.

21 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Whilst our 2.5 million strike force are killing teams. (aa, dack, dolan). You win some you loose some. Show me one manager ever that has 100% record with transfers. 

21 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Only if your a glass half empty guy. If you were glass half full you might love the fact that our best players Dack, AA, Lenihan and Travis worth what, £60m in current market? Cost us £3.75m. How much could Dolan be worth by Christmas?

You might also think that the development of say BB who is 20? Will likely see him justify that fee. 🤷🏽‍♂️

One of the best transfer windows I can remember (post Uncle Jack), I cannot think of any negatives.

Gonna take a week or two to get them bedded in but the potential, on paper anyway, is excellent and exciting.

Well done to the management team in achieving this.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Only if your a glass half empty guy. I

Come on, lets not do the 'positive' 'negative' nonsense. It just shuts down debate. Fact is Gally and BB have shown very little to justify their price tags....Dack and AA have both been brilliant signings. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

You might also think that the development of say BB who is 20? Will likely see him justify that fee. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Absolutely nothing to signal he'll justify £6m

8 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Downing is being brought in because Bennett is injured. That’s the only reason I can see for why it is happening! I’m not against it in that sense, we need some experience on the bench.

That's a pointless signing for me if it does happen.

It's great to have all these new players coming in but I'm a bit concerned about keeping them all happy and having a settled team and a coherent, consistent way of playing in the immediate future. We all know Tony like to meddle. We'll soon see.

9 hours ago, Wood26 said:

We was on the road to hell before Venkys took over

Hang on pal....'the road to hell' was watching helplessly as this proud Club plummeted to Div1 with 160 Million of debt.

All under the tenure of the Loons from Pune. Case of selective memory loss there?

Edited by A Northern Horde...

Downing is a versatile and experienced so makes sense to sign him on again. We've got 7 games in the next 20 days and we're already struggling with injuries. Bigger squad the better.

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Downing is a versatile and experienced so makes sense to sign him on again. We've got 7 games in the next 20 days and we're already struggling with injuries. Bigger squad the better.

If he's that useful why has nobody else come in for him ?

On the squad in general, an injury or two in key areas and we're struggling. It's been hyped massively on social media and on here how great our squad is. but an injury to Nyambe today and we don't have a right full back, an injury to an injury-prone Douglas and we're back to Bell. An injury to injury-prone Ayala and we're massively relying on injury-prone Lenihan never to get injured.

The depth of the defence is still quite weak IMO. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Not someone you’re going to say no to having as a squad player, and I think the dressing room needs someone of his experience in as well, he showed last season he still has good quality on the ball. Can’t see him being on fortunes either. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he's that useful why has nobody else come in for him ?

He wanted to come back here and he'd got the nod from Mogga that money would be there to sign him once the window was shut? And how do you know he didn't have other offers?

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

On the squad in general, an injury or two in key areas and we're struggling. It's been hyped massively on social media and on here how great our squad is. but an injury to Nyambe today and we don't have a right full back, an injury to an injury-prone Douglas and we're back to Bell. An injury to injury-prone Ayala and we're massively relying on injury-prone Lenihan never to get injured.

The depth of the defence is still quite weak IMO. 

Its a bloody sight better than it was 2months ago by a country mile.