Jump to content
Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

Don't think Mowbray will see any of the first £10million raised from player sales and I think he will be only allowed to reinvest 50% of anything over £10million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its was Josh who posted the Dack story to WBA in December 2019 so 7 months. 

Palace are looking for younger players so Travis would suit that philosophy. 

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/roy-hodgsons-comments-pre-crystal-palace-v-tottenham-hotspur/

If West Ham lose Rice to Chelsea, I think Travis would be good replacement. 

You complain about rumours but a number of people have posted them in a last few days but I notice you DIDN'T complain then!!!

Nonsense.  I think Travis is light years away from Rice in ability terms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harterz mate with Holtby. Would be nice with a german defender at the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Don't think Mowbray will see any of the first £10million raised from player sales and I think he will be only allowed to reinvest 50% of anything over £10million.

That not fair? After his splurge last summer. Weve FFP rules to comply with, that is the reality, Time people get used to the fact that we have to sell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I suppose if we have to sell before we buy, then Armstrong makes sense at 10m +. Can get a striker in on loan, and fill in the GK, LB and CB issues.

Or more likely we'll get a GLK, LB and CB on loan, spend 5m on a striker no-one has heard of, and then play him on the wing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rice is miles ahead of Travis. Don't like that guy though, traitor :) 

Why is he a traitor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where has all the speculation about Nyambe come from? Only 2 months ago he was talking about how he wants to one day play in the PL, but he wants to do it with Rovers. 

I think it’s unlikely he is leaving, and it’s unlikely any of our key players will leave this summer. Armstrong’s best form has been under Mowbray, so he would be stupid to want a move right now. Dack is going nowhere after his injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Miker said:

Where has all the speculation about Nyambe come from? Only 2 months ago he was talking about how he wants to one day play in the PL, but he wants to do it with Rovers. 

I think it’s unlikely he is leaving, and it’s unlikely any of our key players will leave this summer. Armstrong’s best form has been under Mowbray, so he would be stupid to want a move right now. Dack is going nowhere after his injury.

If a Premier League team comes in offering Armstrong football at a higher level for a bigger wage then 99% of people in that position would push for the move.

The idea of him being unable to replicate his form under any other manager is madness.

My main doubt regarding player sales is are any good enough to attract a Premier League team? Not sure. Maybe the relegated Premier League teams are most likely candidates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why is he a traitor?

Didn't he turn down Ireland to play for England? BDS is Irish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, windymiller7 said:

Didn't he turn down Ireland to play for England? BDS is Irish

He’s got an Irish first name, but he was born and raised in England in fairness....

A number of players from NI play junior level for them, then switch to the ROI later on. 
They can’t have it both ways 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

He’s got an Irish first name, but he was born and raised in England in fairness....

A number of players from NI play junior level for them, then switch to the ROI later on. 
They can’t have it both ways 😏

Still though to actually play for the Irish first team (albeit in friendlies) and then switch to England is bound to get up some peoples noses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iSeeRed said:

Still though to actually play for the Irish first team (albeit in friendlies) and then switch to England is bound to get up some peoples noses.

Absolutely. There are many blurred lines in terms of national teams that I’m not really in favour of tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Didn't he turn down Ireland to play for England? BDS is Irish

He was born in London.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
Just now, K-Hod said:

Absolutely. There are many blurred lines in terms of national teams that I’m not really in favour of tbh.

Like Nigeria sniffing around Saka at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matthew Platt has joined Barrow permanently. Interesting one but ultimately the right choice, way too old to playing youth team football, and nowhere near our first team so loan would've been pointless. Glad for him to be able to kick start his career, I really believe Scott Wharton needs the same in League One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was born in London.

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment from BDS to be honest.

It's one of the usual cases where his grandad used to have an Irish Setter or something which made him eligible😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Matthew Platt has joined Barrow permanently. Interesting one but ultimately the right choice, way too old to playing youth team football, and nowhere near our first team so loan would've been pointless. Glad for him to be able to kick start his career, I really believe Scott Wharton needs the same in League One.

watched him when he was on loan at southport vs chorley,big lad,good header of the ball but very slow,never going to make this level imo,wharton is a far better prospect and player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why is he a traitor?

 

43 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He’s got an Irish first name, but he was born and raised in England in fairness....

A number of players from NI play junior level for them, then switch to the ROI later on. 
They can’t have it both ways 😏

 

40 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Still though to actually play for the Irish first team (albeit in friendlies) and then switch to England is bound to get up some peoples noses.

 

15 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment from BDS to be honest.

It's one of the usual cases where his grandad used to have an Irish Setter or something which made him eligible😄

Yes, it was tongue in cheek, thank you Windymiller.

The difference with him over even say Grealish is that Rice played for the senior team, won young player of the year and then switched. Best of luck to anyone whoever they decide to play for. 

I don't think anyone really cares to be honest though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

He’s got an Irish first name, but he was born and raised in England in fairness....

A number of players from NI play junior level for them, then switch to the ROI later on. 
They can’t have it both ways 😏

He played at senior level for RoI

Personally I think he's made a poor decision if he wants a long international career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scotland1 said:

No British person who identifies them self and born in this country would turn to Ireland given your countries stance towards the UK and NI which has been utterly shameful.

I never go running to the mods but mods he should be pulled up on this bullshit.Its not the first time he posted with Anti Irish sentiments

Clown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Shearer missed half of his first season with Blackburn through injury after snapping his right anterior cruciate ligament in a match against Leeds United in December 1992, but scored 16 goals in the 21 games in which he did feature.[9] 

 

Didn't do too bad for us after that! 

That injury took half a yard of pace off him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I never go running to the mods but mods he should be pulled up on this bullshit.Its not the first time he posted with Anti Irish sentiments

Clown

I’ve just logged on after nipping out for an hour and dealt with it now. 
Insults aren’t something we encourage either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.