BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

If I was in Bilic’s shoes and knowing we’d agreed £15m in Jan before Dacks injury I think I would be offering £10m too ... test the water... and if we agreed straight away be very worried ?

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nonsense.  I think Travis is light years away from Rice in ability terms.  

No one bigs  travis up more than me, he is imo our player of the season and will only get better and better but I think he’s quite a way behind Harrison reed never mind players like rice. As for Leninhan he won’t get a double figure move From rovers  as long as I Have a hole in my arse and he’s another I rate for us. It would cost us 10 million and lenihan for a bid to even be considered for O’Connell not the other way round 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

im not going to talk to much about the positions that we need not beyond to name them CB, LB, GK most of all but also if is possible another MCD and ST (i think I'm asking to much) cause every one we have our own options and names...

I rather to talk about the requirements they should have and also twhat i would do to try to bring new faces whitout to go bankrupt with our  tight budget.

fist of all the players we need (goaly is the exception) has to come from a bottom of the league a league one or even a league two, i know more than one will be disagree with me but we need young players, skilled player and cheap players too...all those attributes though would be easier to find on those leagues... 

bringing a raising star from league two or a big name from league one could really help us to build a stronger roster and also to improve the level and at the same time we could sell them latter and turn it into a massive investment. 

I'm thinking on league two and  one to find a future jewel on our miedfield or to add another striker just in case ben and sam can't raise the bar (i trust them) 

CB and LB needs all those things i already said plus a particular thing...experience!!! on english football and if it'spossible into this same divition cause are the most necessary positions is our weakest line and we need results quick enough, last season at begging of tournament we drop to much points because of defense in my opinion at least...and even when we react it was to late. so I keen one of the bottom teams on championship or even the just relegated ones to find our LB and CB two players with good enough age with experience and certainly with more level than our current options...charlton, lutton, boro and even wigan could have more than one option.

Talking about goaly is there where i would expend the most cause we need a top one some one ready to give us at least around  12 to 15 clean sheets we need to have one of the best in leaguecause I'msure we'll fighting for top 6 next season.

Edited by Alejandro Tapia
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That injury took half a yard of pace off him though.

Not according to Shearers comments in a TV program with Gary Neville. Said the cruciate injury had no effect on his style of play at all, felt as good as ever. 

It was an achilles injury later in his career he reckons made him change the way he played with Newcastle

• Like 1

@Alejandro Tapia Goalkeeper is the position with the smallest potential to sell for a huge profit. It's also the cheapest position to recruit, and very important, so I don't think there's any need to go to the lower leagues and buy 'potential'. We need the finished article and we need it now.

• Like 4

Thanks @J*B for the post. Clubs will have interest in player and if the media report it but we don't sign the player doesn't mean we werent interest in him just that we chosen to target a different player for different reasons like wages, fess involved or budget reasons. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks @J*B for the post. Clubs will have interest in player and if the media report it but we don't sign the player doesn't mean we werent interest in him just that we chosen to target a different player for different reasons like wages, fess involved or budget reasons. 

Yeh he is completely right. But please also remember that just because we were linked with a player etc, it doesn't mean we DID try to get them either. It works both ways.

• Like 4

Just now, bluebruce said:

Yeh he is completely right. But please also remember that just because we were linked with a player etc, it doesn't mean we DID try to get them either. It works both ways.

of course too Bruce. 

so far we had a few links players mainly through fans or our local reporters. Not seen at linked players like the national media. 

Would be good to get our 1st signing or 2 in by end of next week so when training restarts in a couple of weeks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yes, equally it’s very easy to make up a rumour. I tend to believe most that would make sense, because it seems like a massive waste of time to make a rumour up. 

29 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Not according to Shearers comments in a TV program with Gary Neville. Said the cruciate injury had no effect on his style of play at all, felt as good as ever. 

It was an achilles injury later in his career he reckons made him change the way he played with Newcastle

I'm surprised by that. He didn't look to have that killer burst of speed that he when he joined us after the op. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course too Bruce. 

so far we had a few links players mainly through fans or our local reporters. Not seen at linked players like the national media. 

Would be good to get our 1st signing or 2 in by end of next week so when training restarts in a couple of weeks

Whilst I agree it would be a nice positive start I'm afraid you are being extremely optimistic with this.

When does Mowbray go on his holidays? Because I very much doubt deals will be done if he is off. By the sounds of things Waggott hasn't been seen for weeks so I doubt he's going to be doing the deals

No, we all know how this one works. Its happened every year. We do diddly squat except perhaps a low cost squad filler looking for a new club. The weeks go by with key areas lacking. Pre season rolls around and Mowbray 'has a look' at some of the reserves. Then we go running around for loans to fill the gaps but this can only happen late on in the window.

I wish it were different but its a well trodden path here.

Just now, JHRover said:

When does Mowbray go on his holidays? Because I very much doubt deals will be done if he is off. By the sounds of things Waggott hasn't been seen for weeks so I doubt he's going to be doing the deals

Both off this week on holiday

Just now, JHRover said:

There we go then. Forget about deals being done or anything of importance happening 

Mowbray can still talk to agents or club staff on a phone. We have other people at the clubs who can contacts clubs with bids or speak with agents 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course too Bruce. 

Chaddy, I keep looking at sky sports transfer page and all sorts of teams are making bids, completing transfers, etc.

Rovers, nothing, absolutely nothing, probably because Blackburn is still trying to contact Puna on a dodgy fax line in order to sort out a budget.  Same last year with Bauer who went to Preston because we were too slow.  Whose fault?  Mowbray or the owners?  Doesn’t really matter but we will get nowhere until situation is resolved.

• Like 6

Just now, 4000Holes said:

Chaddy, I keep looking at sky sports transfer page and all sorts of teams are making bids, completing transfers, etc.

Rovers, nothing, absolutely nothing, probably because Blackburn is still trying to contact Puna on a dodgy fax line in order to sort out a budget.  Same last year with Bauer who went to Preston because we were too slow.  Whose fault?  Mowbray or the owners?  Doesn’t really matter but we will get nowhere until situation is resolved.

Of course teams are making bids, how do you we arent? We have a few links so for