BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

This rumoured signing feels a tad underwhelming but in truth I feel like that might be a theme with any foreign signings we make, as we won’t know much about them. Signing any player from abroad who isn’t proven at this level is abit of a gamble but it’s become clear that to find quality at a decent price and wages it’s a gamble we must take. We must have faith in the European scouting network that has been developed over the last couple of seasons.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Samba was hardly a world-beater when he came here. Probably best not to write him off before we see him play...if we ever sign him,.

Definitely. I have had my fair share of humblings when it comes to writing players off in the past.

The only thing I am looking at is his history in comparison to what we already have. He's only played 30+ senior games, which although at top division level is not a lot. I don't know the standard of the Polish league but judging by their performances against other top division European clubs it isn't all that great.

By contrast we have Wharton who has had more professional appearances, a few promotions under his belt and a tonne of credit given to him. He has to be knocking on the door of our squad otherwise what is the point in him being here? 

With any luck Maghouma is a better player than him, but I feel as though we should be saving our money signings for players we 100% know will make a difference. With all that said though I have not seen his scouting report and the team might be convinced Maghouma will make that difference. 

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Sounds like this lad has some good physical attributes. Big and quick. Bit worried Mowbray may quickly brand him a “boy”, so hopefully we go for a “man” as well... a no nonsense, been there, done that Championship centre half.

Not holding my breath though.

We have enough 'boys' centre half prospects. The only reason I can see for bringing in another is if we plan to send most of them on loan and need u23 cover, which seemed to be why we signed Tom White last year.

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Definitely. I have had my fair share of humblings when it comes to writing players off in the past.

The only thing I am looking at is his history in comparison to what we already have. He's only played 30+ senior games, which although at top division level is not a lot. I don't know the standard of the Polish league but judging by their performances against other top division European clubs it isn't all that great.

By contrast we have Wharton who has had more professional appearances, a few promotions under his belt and a tonne of credit given to him. He has to be knocking on the door of our squad otherwise what is the point in him being here? 

With any luck Maghouma is a better player than him, but I feel as though we should be saving our money signings for players we 100% know will make a difference. With all that said though I have not seen his scouting report and the team might be convinced Maghouma will make that difference. 

We probably do have some professional scouts. 

Can't always look at history.

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wikipedia is very inaccurate when it comes to height. 

It has one of my friends who plays for Millwall as way shorter than he actually is.

6ft4 according to Spurs.

That was before he had his feet cut off

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like a strange one. Maybe one for the under 23s, surely not as Adarabioyos replacement.

I don't think we have a pot to p1ss in.

Think this is the new world, realise £10million / season, slash wages and sign frees and loans.

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

i suspect we are looking at loans across the board.

For me though, barring exceptional circumstances, I cannot get on board with signing a kid on loan to put in net. Even more so after being stung by Calamity Walton who had actually favourable experience of first team football compared to most of the names mentioned. It is not a position where you want someone elses player learning the ropes making mistakes for you.

Obviously we are only dealing predominantly in suggestions from supporters, with the occasional (most likely agent driven) rumour chucked in. The 2 players mentioned that I would like are Dillon Phillips and David Marshall. Both available you would suspect for low fees post relegation, whether we can afford even that I am skeptical of. Phillips has just had a very impressive personal season and is still young for a keeper. Marshall would bring plenty of experience and kept plenty of clean sheets. I think both would be the type of player we need, not random kids 6th choice at their parent clubs.

We will have different lists whether its a players out of contract, or loan list or cheap fee list or other lists. Most championship clubs will have these lists. 

Have you seen Iversen play or other players I suggested before? Would Iversen have signed 5 and half years at Leicester in January if he wasn't any good? So to suggested that young keepers are 6th choice just cos they get loan out to get 1st team football instead of playing under 23's or 18's is wrong. 

What agent driven rumour? 

Phillips would be good signing I would imagine but depending on the funds available he might be using them for 1st choice centre back to pair with Lenihan or the budget is only frees and loans. Who knows. 

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like a strange one. Maybe one for the under 23s, surely not as Adarabioyos replacement.

why would a 22 year old be signing here for the under 23's? how does that make any sense? 

We don't know the player or what type of player he is. He could be one of 4 centre back in the squad

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that money will be very tight but you do say this every single time to be fair.

At any normal club with normal owners these things would be true.

I still struggle to see why Venky's keep us and if they want to get promotion why they haven't gone for it.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Jesus. Lets hope we avoid!

Why are you like that to any player link most of the time that you don't know or based on one opinion or fans opinion like on Adarabioyo or Downing. 

Did the same with Muric before based on one game on TV. 

Why don't you give them a proper chance?

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will have different lists whether its a players out of contract, or loan list or cheap fee list or other lists. Most championship clubs will have these lists. 

Have you seen Iversen play or other players I suggested before? Would Iversen have signed 5 and half years at Leicester in January if he wasn't any good? So to suggested that young keepers are 6th choice just cos they get loan out to get 1st team football instead of playing under 23's or 18's is wrong. 

What agent driven rumour? 

Phillips would be good signing I would imagine but depending on the funds available he might be using them for 1st choice centre back to pair with Lenihan or the budget is only frees and loans. Who knows. 

why would a 22 year old be signing here for the under 23's? how does that make any sense? 

We don't know the player or what type of player he is. He could be one of 4 centre back in the squad

Brad Lyons?