BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no sorry its was someone else. Sorry for the mix up. 

@DanielMB, You have mention Iversen so can you tell us more about the player please?

What I like about him is that he has always seemed quite confident and calm. He has played alot at a young age so got some good experience. He has been good in the air whenever Ive seen him. Are there any rumours about him? Would love to see him here. I Think there was a bid from an “established Championship club that belongs in the top of the League” in January

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will have different lists whether its a players out of contract, or loan list or cheap fee list or other lists. Most championship clubs will have these lists. 

Have you seen Iversen play or other players I suggested before? Would Iversen have signed 5 and half years at Leicester in January if he wasn't any good? So to suggested that young keepers are 6th choice just cos they get loan out to get 1st team football instead of playing under 23's or 18's is wrong. 

What agent driven rumour? 

Phillips would be good signing I would imagine but depending on the funds available he might be using them for 1st choice centre back to pair with Lenihan or the budget is only frees and loans. Who knows. 

why would a 22 year old be signing here for the under 23's? how does that make any sense? 

We don't know the player or what type of player he is. He could be one of 4 centre back in the squad

My point was that I dont want us to loan a young goalkeeper in. We do not want someone in such a critical position learning on the job for someone elses benefit. Its an area that I would prefer someone with experience. We had someone very talented who made mistakes who was ours and we gave him away cheaply. To keep replacing him with young keepers who again are a bit raw who go back after a year is crazy. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

such a negative attitude to any player link most of the time. 

Did the same with Muric before based on one game on TV. 

Oh behave chaddy. The only thing we know about this player of any expertise is a long analysis which does not paint him in a favourable light even in the Polish league where he was relegated and struggled to establish himself. Why would that provoke positive opinion? Dont think it means ill be booing everytime he got near the ball if he signed.

Muric hasnt even been linked, you randomly mentioned him.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Oh behave chaddy. The only thing we know about this player of any expertise is a long analysis which does not paint him in a favourable light even in the Polish league where he was relegated and struggled to establish himself. Why would that provoke positive opinion? Dont think it means ill be booing everytime he got near the ball if he signed.

Muric hasnt even been linked, you randomly mentioned him.

Based on one opinion of one fan. 

I remember you quoting Boro fans on Downing or WBA fans on Adarabioyo. Look how wrong they were. Maybe before writing players off you wait until they play in front of you..

I mention Muric and your comment was "absolute dog shit."  An opinion based on what? One live TV game for Forest? But did you see his penalty save from Harry Kane for his country Kosovo. Surely you watched that game? What was his performance like in that game? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But did you see his penalty save from Harry Kane for his country Kosovo. Surely you watched that game? What was his performance like in that game? 

Well he let 5 in, in that game so it's safe to say he wasn't man of the match. 

• Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Based on one opinion of one fan. 

I remember you quoting Boro fans on Downing or WBA fans on Adarabioyo. Look how wrong they were. Maybe before writing players off you wait until they play in front of you..

I mention Muric and your comment was "absolute dog shit."  An opinion based on what? One live TV game for Forest? But did you see his penalty save from Harry Kane for his country Kosovo. Surely you watched that game? What was his performance like in that game? 

Can we please stop with this "only positive opinions allowed" mentality. He is a young lad who has only played in Poland, where he was relegated, and the only opinion we have available is one that is negative and highlights a lot of flaws in his game.

Does that mean if he signed that I wouldnt give him a chance? Obviously not. But some of us dont just dismiss any potential negatives/doubts of potential signings. It is constructive and fair to consider both sides, including any doubts, on potential signings and you cant just rubbish them solely because they are "negative."

Indeed, I have even speculated as to theories as to what would happen if he did sign, ie initially playing for the under 23s, which you laughed off despite similar instances with other players.

You yourself didnt want Downing initially. My points on Adarabioyo were always based around the caveat that he had played out of position, but yeah, they both had suffered criticism for their performances in the season before, and the doubts were valid. 

I didnt "write off" either player either, otherwise surely I would have never accepted that they were very good signings when that proved to be the case?

Conversely, I was very happy and excited about the signing of Johnson, and he turned out to be a lumbering oaf, which was unexpected considering his importance to a play off finalist the season before. Does that mean I shouldnt have been excited, even though I turned out to be wrong? No, because it seemed on the face on it to be a good signing, I would say more so than the other 2.

My main point regarding goalkeepers was that I am against the idea of loaning in a young goalkeeper for a year. I think its a fair and very commonly held opinion.

• Like 1

If we do sign this lad, he'll obviously be given a chance before writing him off but it does fall in line with the usual theme of investing very little/nothing in the defence.

All of our current defenders are either free transfers, signed for less than £250k (and not very good) or came through the academy.

• Like 3

As I mentioned a few pages back, anybody over or under excited about European additions are letting their prejudices get in the way. You can’t be elated With it, nobody knows jot all about him, if you are elated with the link you’re most likely projecting your excitement about the existence of transfer activity whatsoever.

If you’re rubbishing it you’re projecting your negativity towards our recent history in the transfer market and your assumptions about what our budget might be / our abilities to recruit well.

He’s a player we know nothing about, there’s no point sitting on either side of the fence with a free signing like that. He comes and he’s good, great, he comes and he’s not great, it’s not really the end of the world.

Silly season is definitely upon us, can’t believe the pro and anti comments over such a low key and unknown potential addition.

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

Sorry if someone has posted already but we appear close to signing Christian Magoma. Said to be like Adarabaio! How come he's available on a free then? ???

He's a tall, black centre half. That appears to be where the similarities to Tosin end. The one review we have of him so far makes him sound like a considerably worse player, albeit possibly with potential, and he just got relegated from a gash league. No reference to silky passes.

If we do sign him I guess we'll see if he's like Tosin, or just toss.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My main point regarding goalkeepers was that I am against the idea of loaning in a young goalkeeper for a year. I think its a fair and very commonly held opinion.

I mention Muric and your comment was "absolute dog shit."  An opinion based on what? One live TV game for Forest? But did you see his penalty save from Harry Kane for his country Kosovo. Surely you watched that game? What was his performance like in that game? 

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's a tall, black centre half. That appears to be where the similarities to Tosin end. The one review we have of him so far makes him sound like a considerably worse player, albeit possibly with potential, and he just got relegated from a gash league. No reference to silky passes.

If we do sign him I guess we'll see if he's like Tosin, or just toss.

Looking at his history - a Spurs Academy graduate. Loaned out to Yeovil, but they only played him in the EFL Cup. Then went off to Poland.

I don't think he's a hidden gem - and he absolutely shouldn't be getting a look in ahead of Wharton. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

If we do sign this lad, he'll obviously be given a chance before writing him off but it does fall in line with the usual theme of investing very little/nothing in the defence.

All of our current defenders are either free transfers, signed for less than £250k (and not very good) or came through the academy.

We aren't to mention that davul. Apparently it is just a conspiracy and it is Mowbray purposely not buying defenders. 

The only real outlay on a centre half under Venkys has been Scott Dann. I think we paid 400k for Shane Duffy too but that was during the scattergun approach to transfers.

There is clearly no appetite from our funders in sanctioning the signings of defenders, and should they eventually do so it will signal a clear shift in policy. 

• Like 1

Remember a lad playing for spurs u23s at leyland last year but he was called Paris magohma and was a skilful quick attacking player but stood out on the day. 
don’t know how possible this would be , not very would be my guess. But there’s a big cb at Chelsea called Ethan ampadu who I rate highly . Think he went on loan least season in Holland or Belgium but if Chelsea want to let him gain more experience what better place than the championship in a team like rovers . Would easily be the best defender at the club if he came 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

As I mentioned a few pages back, anybody over or under excited about European additions are letting their prejudices get in the way. You can’t be elated With it, nobody knows jot all about him, if you are elated with the link you’re most likely projecting your excitement about the existence of transfer activity whatsoever.

If you’re rubbishing it you’re projecting your negativity towards our recent history in the transfer market and your assumptions about what our budget might be / our abilities to recruit well.

He’s a player we know nothing about, there’s no point sitting on either side of the fence with a free signing like that. He comes and he’s good, great, he comes and he’s not great, it’s not really the end of the world.

Silly season is definitely upon us, can’t believe the pro and anti comments over such a low key and unknown potential addition.

So surely that leaves no scope to discuss it at all on that principle and the whole thread should be locked?

With every signing, there is varying levels of knowledge that we have, this may just be a rumour, but we can try and get a picture of what he is about.

It goes without saying that all that would matter is their performances in a Rovers shirt, and that recent history doesnt always dictate what that is like, Johnson was a signing greeted mainly with positivity and has been poor, Downing was greeted with doubt and has been good.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I mention Muric and your comment was "absolute dog shit."  An opinion based on what? One live TV game for Forest? But did you see his penalty save from Harry Kane for his country Kosovo. Surely you watched that game? What was his performance like in that game? 

Maybe there was a bit of hyperbole, he made 2 bad mistakes v West Brom and barely played again. A penalty save in a game he let 5 in is hardly proof that I am wrong.

As I keep saying, I am against loaning in a young goalkeeper. I think that is fair and I am not the only one.

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Remember a lad playing for spurs u23s at leyland last year but he was called Paris magohma and was a skilful quick attacking player but stood out on the day. 
don’t know how possible this would be , not very would be my guess. But there’s a big cb at Chelsea called Ethan ampadu whi I rate highly . Think he went on loan least season in Holland or Belgium but if Chelsea want to let him gain more experience what better place than the championship in a team like rovers . 

Good player who was at Leipzig but suspect he would be very much unobtainable.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Remember a lad playing for spurs u23s at key land last year but he was called Paris magohma and was a skilful quick attacking player but stood out on the day. 
don’t know how possible this would be , not very would be my guess. But there’s a big cb at Chelsea called Ethan ampadu whi I rate highly . Think he went on loan least season in Holland or Belgium but if Chelsea want to let him gain more experience what better place than the championship in a team like rovers . 

That Ampadu is destined for big things. Think they signed him from Exeter for decent money. He'd definitely be a great loan move but whether or not he sees his place in a division higher is the issue.

Paris, Jacques and this Christian lad are all brothers. Jacques Maghoma played for Blues but he's out on a free at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that money will be very tight but you do say this every single time to be fair.

Yep and then we go and spend £5m on Gallagher or £7m on Brereton.

It's criminal how poorly Mowbray has managed the funds he's been given (coming from someone who hates the Rao family).

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Signed for Brentford

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We aren't to mention that davul. Apparently it is just a conspiracy and it is Mowbray purposely not buying defenders. 

The only real outlay on a centre half under Venkys has been Scott Dann. I think we paid 400k for Shane Duffy too but that was during the scattergun approach to transfers.

There is clearly no appetite from our funders in sanctioning the signings of defenders, and should they eventually do so it will signal a clear shift in policy. 

I seem to remember the Dann fee being reported as high but plenty of rumours flying around it was only a fraction of the reported fee.