BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

20 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Cut and pasted from the previous ten close seasons

No, actually. When Venkys came in, they promised £5m spending on transfers in per transfer window. Aside from the window we were under FFP, some money has been made available for managers to bring players in on transfers. Mowbray hasn't had to sell anyone, whilst he's been manager.

What Mercer describes, however, looks to be our new reality.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why are you like that to any player link most of the time that you don't know or based on one opinion or fans opinion like on Adarabioyo or Downing. 

Did the same with Muric before based on one game on TV. 

Why don't you give them a proper chance?

Tbf - you judged Dowell on one appearence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't said that you only be Positive at all, but you cannot form an opinion on a player you never seen and basing that on one post from poster on this site. Joe is right by what he is saying no one can form an opinion. Rovers have signed a number of foreign players over the years where fans have known very little like Nzonzi signed from a second division French Club which got relegated, or Samba signed from Hertha Berlin B, other players like Nelsen, Mokenna, Ooijer, Pedersen, De Pedro, Kalinic, Rochina and Formica over the last 20 years which some have very good signings or ok signings or poor signings. But my point is no way could you have judge how good they would be or not when we were linked or signed them based on very limited opinion or knowledge.  

Most of those were current internationals Chaddy...

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The reason we might not give him a chance is because the manager might not think he is good enough.

I dont know because I haven't seen enough of him the last couple of seasons.

It is a big step from League Two to the Championship.

What I do know is that it is make or break time. Either he is good enough, in which case he contributes here, or not, in which case he needs a move.

But what we don't do is just chuck him in for the sake of it and hope it works out just because he's already on the books and it is cheaper/easier than bringing someone else in or because we are making some sort of point about giving academy lads a chance. Now that would be daft and dangerous.

I've seen him in a couple of playoffs games whether he is good enough for Championship is unknown until he plays in the league. His captain at Northampton and partner in the back 3 has had 2 championships teams trying to buy him 

I think he is good enough to be part of the squad going forward and with the Transfer window not ending until Mid October time we have time to assess him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Grayson shouldnt even be considered professional.   Without doubt a product of being a player/managers son.  

Wharton is on another planet in comparison. 

In your opinion,think you will find Grayson very much in the managers thoughts, as long as he’s over his bad injury. He will be in front of Wharton,Magloire and Carter,IMO. Good solid defender.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yes you did. After 1 game.

suggested you look back cos I didn't. surprised by Norwich signing him and where he fits into that team. Don't see him replacing any of the 3 behind the striker. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Most of those were current internationals Chaddy...

but did you( and Roversfan99) know they would be good or bad signings when they signed here. Thats was my point!

Looks like Millwall are signing Troy Parrott on loan and have also got a deal for Ryan Woods sorted out already. Keep Jed Wallace and they will be right challenging for the top 6.

Aiden OBrien a player linked to us on here by someone (apologies but cant remember who) has joined Sunderland. 

Teams starting to piece together their side for next year.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

suggested you look back cos I didn't. surprised by Norwich signing him and where he fits into that team. Don't see him replacing any of the 3 behind the striker. 

but did you( and Roversfan99) know they would be good or bad signings when they signed here. Thats was my point!

No, you said you were surprised they signed him. A poster asked why and you said because you saw him against us and he was poor. So, essentially, you judged him and that transfer on one game. 

How he 'fits in' is just your deflection now, after the point. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, unsall said:

In your opinion,think you will find Grayson very much in the managers thoughts, as long as he’s over his bad injury. He will be in front of Wharton,Magloire and Carter,IMO. Good solid defender.

Looked really weak v Oldham for a defender and made a bad mistake. Wharton surely has done enough to at least be the top of that clutch of young defenders. Suspect he will be sold for a nominal fee if I had to guess.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

No, you said you were surprised they signed him. A poster asked why and you said because you saw him against us and he was poor. So, essentially, you judged him and that transfer on one game. 

How he 'fits in' is just your deflection now, after the point. 

"Cos I wasn't impressed by his performance for Derby against us. 

Plus where does he fit into Norwich team. "

Thats was the entire post. So I did say on the original post that I didn't see how he fits in there. Anyway my last comment on this!

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Looks like Millwall are signing Troy Parrott on loan and have also got a deal for Ryan Woods sorted out already. Keep Jed Wallace and they will be right challenging for the top 6.

Aiden OBrien a player linked to us on here by someone (apologies but cant remember who) has joined Sunderland. 

Teams starting to piece together their side for next year.

Rowett was always going to get Woods on loan again. He signed him for Stoke. 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yep, I've looked back and you said:-

"Cos I wasn't impressed by his performance for Derby against us"

So you wrote him off after 1 game. 

I suggest you stop telling porkies. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34559-championship-season-2020-2021/&

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yep, I've looked back and you said:-

"Cos I wasn't impressed by his performance for Derby against us"

suggest you look again cos I've already quoting the exact quote above. here it is again 

"Cos I wasn't impressed by his performance for Derby against us. Plus where does he fit into Norwich team. "

Edited by chaddyrovers

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/werder-bremen-patrick-erras-wollte-unbedingt-zu-werder-72144422.bild.html

In German, but says that supposed midfield target Patrick Erras has chosen Werder Bremen over us.

thanks for sharing the link. 

I wonder if we will look at the German defender Robin Bormuth we were linked with last summer. Out of contract now

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, unsall said:

Think you will find he will slip down the leagues into non league.  See you here in 2 years to check. I've watched him since he was 12.  Not a pro footballer.  Mols is so much better. If he was called Stefan Grayson he would be a regular  in the squad