BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Cut and pasted from the previous ten close seasons

I think there's an 80% chance within a week that you will be reading about a Championship club going into administration.

As you clearly have all the answers, I'll let you spill the beans...............

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Samba couldn't get a game for Hertha Berlin's reserves.

28 games, and 4 goals, for the reserves. 20 games for the first team. Had an injury too. He was definitely a surprise gem, but even he was in a different league to the CV presented here. But as ever, who knows. If he has attracted Rangers too, then as much as that league is a joke, what works for them would probably work for us these days.

6 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:
Christian Maghoma
Personal information
Full name Christian Maghoma[1]
Date of birth 8 November 1997 (age 22)[2]
Place of birth Lubumbashi, DR Congo
Height 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)[2]
Playing position(s) Defender
Club information
Current team
Arka Gdynia
Number 3
Youth career
2014–2015 Tottenham Hotspur
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015–2018 Tottenham Hotspur 0 (0)
2015–2016  Yeovil Town (loan) 0 (0)
2018– Arka Gdynia 31 (0)
National team
2012 England U16 1 (0)
2017– DR Congo 1 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:05, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 5 June 201

He couldn't get a game for Yeovil, or Spurs for that matter, and then played in Poland,  hardly inspiring. Reminds me of a lad I knew in the Army, strapping big fit lad who was Colin Calderwood's brother, I put him in the unit side after being told he was decent, and coming from Calderwood stock you would expect he was decent, subbed after 15 minutes, total and utter pants.

So you picked someone you hadn’t seen play. your fault he was there, not his.

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

"and could revisit the European market once again with a French ‘keeper among those to have been tracked at this stage".

Posted about this two or three days ago (and named him) and some dismissed as nonsense / random etc.................!!!

You did mate. They’ll likely apologise / reason their way out of it. Likely dismiss it again...it’s absolutely mint knowing stuff isn’t it? Not! ?

Thanks for the info. Your guy say Michel is any good? 

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

"and could revisit the European market once again with a French ‘keeper among those to have been tracked at this stage".

Posted about this two or three days ago (and named him) and some dismissed as nonsense / random etc.................!!!

Very correct Mercer. Well done. 

Grayson now being discussed, again a tolerable youth defender... but he’s not a Championship footballer. He looked poor in this seasons game against L2 Oldham in the cup. With our youthful defence conceding twice, once with a vital defensive error, and us needing a Bradley Dack surge to scrape a late winner. 

53 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Grayson now being discussed, again a tolerable youth defender... but he’s not a Championship footballer. He looked poor in this seasons game against L2 Oldham in the cup. With our youthful defence conceding twice, once with a vital defensive error, and us needing a Bradley Dack surge to scrape a late winner. 

Mani knows everything.   I agree with you.  Going back a few years id come across Joe, Stefan and a lad called Alex Curran who all went to the same school, played for the same district and Lancashire schoolboys.  Alex was a tricky player, started as a scholar and was quickly released , twice the player Grayson is and ever has been. Mols was the best of the three by a mile, carried the district team and one of the best in the county side.  It was always obvious to me that JG wasn't academy standard as i know a lot of boys who were released along the way who were much better.

Mani says its not because of his name, I bloody know it is and I could give you umpteen youth players hanging around that are exactly the same.  Simon Grayson and Mowbray will be well in together,  nobody would have dared release him at 14s,15s,16s etc.....so, he's now plonking about pretending to be a proper player. 

The game is riddled with it

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Samba couldn't get a game for Hertha Berlin's reserves.

Yes! That's, as far as I can see, the only source of hope with this transfer. Nothing in his history to say he's the answer.

Let's hope he turns out to be another Samba!

6 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What sort of wines your tipple Mercer? 

A nice 2002 South African Merlot? 

White (NZ SB's), rose (Sancerre a nice lunchtime quaff), red (Barolo, CDP, Chat Margaux <for specials>, Rioja)  - drink them all dependent upon time of day and food dish.

• Like 1

Here we go. Paul acting like a 10 year old again. Shame, as I actually said I enjoy his posts when he puts some meat on the bones like he did yesterday. Can’t help himself though.

Here’s hoping this ‘foreign scouting network’ is bearing fruit, been about 5 years.

I said we get linked with and this place posts a plethora of players, in particular foreign players, how many have we signed from abroad this past 3/4 years, but how many links and how many of these links get a Sharpe mention? It is obviously largely agent talk, who says this one isn’t? Or simply nicked from brfcs, Sharpe and Crooke know less than half the folk on here (though I also said, twice, feel free to quote me if they do as we need some cosmopolitan-ness), so I take no notice and don’t put much credence in them. Others do, and good luck to them. Though after the triumphalism because Sharpe adds a cryptic line to his piece, like he does every summer, I’d also expect hands up every time one of these players don’t sign. Fairs fair. 

Fair enough position to take, and to be honest if it’s going to be page after page of willy waving and Chaddy kissing arse because of nameless LT links, I’ll just wait until the ‘5 minute warning’ and leave you guys to it, which is what I usually do, kicking myself really for getting involved, as these threads are always more heat than light and an ego trip for pound shop Nixon’s.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Any news on outgoings? This squad needs trimming. 

I don’t know...looks like there’s already movement. Platt has gone, White on loan, Rich Sharpe writes most weeks now that Mulgrew is going. Then there was a bit of inside info in here, yesterday about Wharton seemingly readying himself to go.

My assumption is that he’s had a convo with every player at the back end of last week and told them if they’re getting a look in. He’s actually meant to be pretty hard lined in those meetings.

It just feels like it’s all stirring...both ins and outs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know...looks like there’s already movement. Platt has gone, White on loan, Rich Sharpe writes most weeks now that Mulgrew is going. Then there was a bit of inside info in here, yesterday about Wharton seemingly readying himself to go.

My assumption is that he’s had a convo with every player at the back end of last week and told them if they’re getting a look in. He’s actually meant to be pretty hard lined in those meetings.

It just feels like it’s all stirring...both ins and outs. 

Wharton leaving? Where was this said?

I think it reported in the LT that discussions with players were taking place last Thursday iirc

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Wharton leaving? Where was this said?

I think it reported in the LT that discussions with players were taking place last Thursday iirc

The Wharton thing was in here. Someone had a connection to him and said that he was expecting to leave or something similar?

Yeah the LT reported the meetings last week. I forgot. But for some reason I thought they reported those meetings were just for out of contract? Either way, he must’ve had talks with all as he’s been on holiday since, whilst people have been leaving the club.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The Wharton thing was in here. Someone had a connection to him and said that he was expecting to leave or something similar?

Yeah the LT reported the meetings last week. I forgot. But for some reason I thought they reported those meetings were just for out of contract? Either way, he must’ve had talks with all as he’s been on holiday since, whilst people have been leaving the club.

I think he was sitting down with all the players last week. Obviously why some have started moving on. 

Can't remember seeing the Wharton thing yesterday? Which thread? I'd be disappointed if he went, the noises he's been making suggest he's here to fight for his place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think he was sitting down with all the players last week. Obviously why some have started moving on. 

Can't remember seeing the Wharton thing yesterday? Which thread? I'd be disappointed if he went, the noises he's been making suggest he's here to fight for his place.

That makes complete sense then. Some will have been told to pack their bags...

hmm...I genuinely can’t remember the name of the poster or which thread. Someone will post the link again no doubt once everyone wakes up!