BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

"and could revisit the European market once again with a French ‘keeper among those to have been tracked at this stage".

Posted about this two or three days ago (and named him) and some dismissed as nonsense / random etc.................!!!

Here's a video of Mathieu Michel in action - https://www.facebook.com/MathieuMichel.Officiel/videos/207306497106014/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think he was sitting down with all the players last week. Obviously why some have started moving on. 

Can't remember seeing the Wharton thing yesterday? Which thread? I'd be disappointed if he went, the noises he's been making suggest he's here to fight for his place.

Was from my mate who plays/played cricket with him - said he was preparing himself for life away from Ewood from what he’d heard from him the last few days. Hopefully he does get a look in for the squad, but seems like he’s getting ready for a worst case scenario.

• Like 1

Just now, schoey said:

Was from my mate who plays/played cricket with him - said he was preparing himself for life away from Ewood from what he’d heard from him the last few days. Hopefully he does get a look in for the squad, but seems like he’s getting ready for a worst case scenario.

Is that Salesbury cricket club? I think he's from round there.

Shame if he goes. Mowbray has commented a few times that he needs to 'become a man, physically' whatever the feck that means. I think he's mentioned his upper body strength. Obviously he didn't reurn from Northampton looking like The Rock so Mogga's binning him. I'd imagine the club might regret it but who knows. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Shame if he goes. Mowbray has commented a few times that he needs to 'become a man, physically' whatever the feck that means. I think he's mentioned his upper body strength. Obviously he didn't reurn from Northampton looking like The Rock so Mogga's binning him. I'd imagine the club might regret it but who knows. 

Family home is in Salesbury just down the road from Tony Parkes.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Hmmm.

"the 23-year-old could find himself a man in demand this summer" and "A proposed continuation of the five substitutes rule could see Premier League clubs keen to add more attacking options to their armoury."

Things that 'could' happen - is that all this article is based on? Are the LT trying to stir up interest in him themselves?

• Like 2

Just now, frosty said:

Hmmm.

"the 23-year-old could find himself a man in demand this summer" and "A proposed continuation of the five substitutes rule could see Premier League clubs keen to add more attacking options to their armoury."

Things that 'could' happen - is that all this article is based on? Are the LT trying to stir up interest in him themselves?

The LT have been selling our players for years now. Every year there's just as many stories ran about people 'interested' in our players as there is about players we are interested in.

Shit paper.

• Like 4

Just now, frosty said:

Hmmm.

As the article says, there was interest in him in Jan from the Prem. I'm sure the LT doesn't need to tout him around ?

20 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Cover for wanting Williams in the mix instead he's been saying that about Wharton for 2 years now i'm sure he's managed the rough and tumble of lower leagues ok.

Mulgrew isn't exactly hulk hogan and neither was Lenihen at first. His face just doesn't fit for some reason he probably refused some drizzle cake or something.

Just now, tomphil said:

Cover for wanting Williams in the mix instead he's been saying that about Wharton for 2 years now i'm sure he's managed the rough and tumble of lower leagues ok.

Mulgrew isn't exactly hulk hogan and neither was Lenihen at first. His face just doesn't fit for some reason he probably refused some drizzle cake or something.

I'm not sure Williams is popular with Mowbray but agree on Wharton. Something not right because he looked a good player when he played for Rovers. 

5 minutes ago, frosty said:

Hmmm.

I've long believed that this is the intention. To stir up rumour, wind up the fans and prime them for a departure whilst also perhaps also unsettling the player himself.

All sounds a bit far fetched perhaps but what appears in local media quickly spreads to the gossip columns of the nationals. Before you know it this 'could happen' becomes definite interest in the eyes of some

I dont think the telegraph have the intellect to do this themselves, but are put up to it by certain other individuals who stand to gain from it, perhaps even people at Rovers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The LT have been selling our players for years now. Every year there's just as many stories ran about people 'interested' in our players as there is about players we are interested in.

Shit paper.

Never seems to happen up the road at Burnley though. Perhaps because they employ Burnley fans to do their writing whereas not for Rovers.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know...looks like there’s already movement. Platt has gone, White on loan, Rich Sharpe writes most weeks now that Mulgrew is going. Then there was a bit of inside info in here, yesterday about Wharton seemingly readying himself to go.

My assumption is that he’s had a convo with every player at the back end of last week and told them if they’re getting a look in. He’s actually meant to be pretty hard lined in those meetings.

It just feels like it’s all stirring...both ins and outs. 

Ultimately he can be as "hard lined" as he likes but it means nothing if the player is content here or if teams are unlikely to match his financial package elsewhere.

Even if he turned to Mulgrew, Williams, Bennett (more chance of hell freezing over) and said like he clearly did to Smallwood that they are settled here, that they want to fight for their place, or ultimately that they are unwilling to take a pay cut, then theyd stay regardless.

Its pretty common knowledge that Mulgrew is unwanted. Yet he chose to come back and sit in the stands.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've long believed that this is the intention. To stir up rumour, wind up the fans and prime them for a departure whilst also perhaps also unsettling the player himself.

All sounds a bit far fetched perhaps but what appears in local media quickly spreads to the gossip columns of the nationals. Before you know it this 'could happen' becomes definite interest in the eyes of some

I dont think the telegraph have the intellect to do this themselves, but are put up to it by certain other individuals who stand to gain from it, perhaps even people at Rovers.

Or they are just being honest? Which I hear a lot of people asking that they be. I know you think that the LT just shouldn't report these types of stories, but unfortunately that's not how newspapers work, nor should they. 

I mean, it's hardly surprising there is interest, is it? I would be more surprised if there wasn't. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or they are just being honest? Which I hear a lot of people asking that they be. I know you think that the LT just shouldn't report these types of stories, but unfortunately that's not how newspapers work, nor should they. 

I mean, it's hardly surprising there is interest, is it? I would be more surprised if there wasn't. 

The conspiracy theories are insane. Sharpe is a Rovers fan for a start. The world and his wife know AA is quality and will only get better. There's already been Prem interest in him. But yeah, the LT are trying to bring down the club.? FFS!!

• Like 3

Rangers happy for Jordan Jones to leave. If our budget is as low as the Maghoma rumour seems to make it feel, I think Jones would be a good option bring in on the cheap.

15 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm not sure Williams is popular with Mowbray but agree on Wharton. Something not right because he looked a good player when he played for Rovers. 

I just think with Wharton like one or two others have said if we are blooding youth, have no money and need defensive back up surely you'd keep him around. If there's a good fee on offer and potential add ons fair enough and i don't think he's going to be a top player but maybe good enough squaddie for mid table championship slogs.

Do people expect the local paper just to have a one liner once a sale has completed? You want them to not report this as it may encourage a sale yet doubt their integrity if the club isn't criticised. 

More importantly in this would be finding out if Newcastle have a sell on clause or if we'd get the full fee. 

• Like 1