BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, frosty said:

Sarr is supposed to be steady enough isn’t he, so I don’t think signing him would warrant a ‘brace positions’ post - particularly when most of us probably realise deep down that Kipré is unlikely to join.

Just looked on transfer market. Sarr valued at £720k, Kipre at £1.08m, so not a lot of difference between the two. 

What I cant get my head round with Mowbray is his apparent willingness to offer contracts to certain players (downing and rodwell) and then leave them open for ages, but if a younger

player who has the chance of going to a PL team, then its sign for me or on your bike?

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Just looked on transfer market. Sarr valued at £720k, Kipre at £1.08m, so not a lot of difference between the two. 

It does sound like Kipré is the better of the two, and I still hope we can get him in. But ‘brace positions’ certainly makes it sound like it’s a signing that most wouldn’t receive well at all, whereas Sarr would probably generate a ‘meh’, mixed reaction....don’t think anybody knows enough about him or has watched him enough to have a strong view either way.

28 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I think its more of a "brace yourself, signing incoming" rather than a bad signing.

Good that Josh likes your post.

I think I’d have preferred “strap yourselves in” (rocket launch) rather than “brace yourself (plane crash) though!

15 minutes ago, frosty said:

It does sound like Kipré is the better of the two, and I still hope we can get him in. But ‘brace positions’ certainly makes it sound like it’s a signing that most wouldn’t receive well at all, whereas Sarr would probably generate a ‘meh’, mixed reaction....don’t think anybody knows enough about him or has watched him enough to have a strong view either way.

Duffy is back!! 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

arr might be a decent option ideally as one of 2 if it is him. Badly need a left back ASAP too.

Sarr was not fully trusted I dont think by Bowyer at Charlton.

why wasn't Sarr by Bowyer? something you know for sure or just your opinion? 

Yes we do need a left back before the start of season

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He says ‘i don’t think‘ so it is clearly opinion based on the fact that he often preferred an alternative player in that position 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was on the bench sometimes. 17 times to 26 starts. They had 2 left footed centre backs, 32 year old journeyman Jason Pearce was seemingly a more conservative option, and Sarr a more cultured but defensively mistake prone option.

Sometimes they played in a back 3 together with right sided Lockyer who has today joined Luton.

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

And I think it's time there was a general discussion about Darragh Lenihan. At centre-back you can get away with a lot because not everyone can see the mistakes you're making. Lenihan struggles big time with his in-the-box positioning.

1338112812_vsDoncasterlenihan.png.3eac00a378aa6959c013888153789ea0.png

Take this goal vs Reading. Lenihan completely out of position, Obita can run into the grand open space left by Nyambe who's attempting to cover the lack of an RCB, he can cross to the open lad who Lenihan should be with, or he can aim further for the two lads who've doubled up on Hayden Carter due to Lenihan's absence. Goal ensued.

520824105_vsDoncasterOne.png.29bf3f0be3720af21e13a4160e5ef726.png

Or here more recently against Doncaster where number 11 and number 9 just 14 seconds into the game were given all of this space in the box, Lenihan is so deep that they can all arrive into the box, Bell is busy marking 26 and it leaves two players completely unmarked. Against a Championship side we'd have been 1-0 down here.

40427891_vsDoncaster2.png.f151c6b53de34474bd433c8ba1282eb1.png

And this is a little more general, but an issue with our defence in general, including Lenihan, is a lack of urgency to get out when the ball is cleared. Bell plays a shit ball out to their man on the edge and the line meanders out towards the ball carrier. Leaves the shot, and three open players unmarked in the box for him to choose from. Goal ensues.

Just catching up on the days antics... got to say I like these visual breakdowns Joe!

more of these would be very welcome throughout the season! ?

• Like 3