BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The other day we were close to a left back he said now no need for a left back we have other areas that need improving and bigger all money.Plus didn't we bid 200k for Pears?All very odd

Only a theory but perhaps Mowbray is willing to sell Nyambe to use some of the fee to bring in a couple as although Costello had a good game very odd Nyambe was dropped

The only theory I can think is that they went back to Ayala with a better offer and have now blown their brains out! ?

So long as we get a LB and a second GK then I feel we can move forwards this season.

Hopefully with sales of King and Raya (which are inevitable imo) then we will have a bit of cash to buy a CM at the back end of the window.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"I know exactly to the penny how much we've got but it's probably a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I'm not sure I'd want to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we've got Amari'i Bell doing ok, so there's other areas I feel we need to strengthen first."

So it's been widely understood that LB was the next target, but now we are only buying one player in total, or loaning two, and there are other areas, plural, that need strengthening first. Which, logically, means we don't intend to get a LB at all unless we get more funds.

I was buzzing until this interview. Worst thing is we really aren't far, and it wouldn't take all that much money in relative terms to have a serious chance of going up this year. But come the end of the season we will have to sell to meet FFP. Depressing.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The only theory I can think is that they went back to Ayala with a better offer and have now blown their brains out! ?

So long as we get a LB and a second GK then I feel we can move forwards this season.

Hopefully with sales of King and Raya (which are inevitable imo) then we will have a bit of cash to buy a CM at the back end of the window.

I agree on the Lb and back up Goalkeeper being priority but I don't think the manager does after reading his comments which is fairly worrying

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray admitting we have no money is one thing but I hope his delusion around not needing a left back urgently is false.

He says we got no money but then says we can bring in 1 permanent signing or a couple of loans. Dont think Mowbray wants to say much about transfers today. 

He says we would know from our number 1 target the answer before today game. So we will see. 

We still need a left back and Back up keeper in

13 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Think the criticism of @JoeH is a bit unfair as the lad didn’t say at any stage we had signed Manning. Im also struggling to see any areas of the pitch that need improving more than LB. We can’t buy another forward after what we’ve already spent in that area. 

Personally I feel that if we can get a good left back sorted we have had a very good window. However a huge part of that has to be down to the shock that has been Dolan. Now he seems special!

Nobody has criticised Joe from what I’ve seen. Just asked some questions.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The other day we were close to a left back he said now no need for a left back we have other areas that need improving and bugger all money.Plus didn't we bid 200k for Pears?All very odd

Only a theory but perhaps Mowbray is willing to sell Nyambe to use some of the fee to bring in a couple as although Costello had a good game very odd Nyambe was dropped

I wasnt overly impressed with Rankin Costello, for a natural winger I thought his crossing was really poor, always to the keeper. Seems technically ok but whilst it wasnt shown today he also is obviously not a natural defender.

I can only assume that the meeting went badly, more changing of the goalposts perhaps? As you say, he said we can potentially afford one player for a fee. Warnock said we bid for Pears earlier in the week. We should be spending our fee on a sub goalie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nobody has criticised Joe from what I’ve seen. Just asked some questions.

Absolutely. I also think that if you post something, especially as surefire as that someone has signed, and it turns out to be false, you cant expect to be exempt from a bit of ribbing and questioning. ITK information is always welcome but it doesnt mean that you should be put on a pedestal and have people blow smoke up your arse even if the information is not right. That is just in general, not saying JoeH is wanting that.

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

It's strange that TM himself said we were 24 hours away from getting an answer on a new signing...and then no mention of it all today. 

We seem to fall at the final hurdle on many transfers which no doubt stems from our sh*t show of a set up behind the scenes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed, and journalists dont seem to have directly followed it up. I think the meeting on Thursday went badly.

I don't understand why no journo didn't directly ask the question after the game today "What happened to the one that was due to give us a decision on Friday". 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant see that being true, Fleetwood wont be able to pay much of his wages anyway with the new rules. 

Yep 2.5k p/w at the absolute maximum. Although as has been pointed out, loan fees can be used to get around that. They're hardly flush though surely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think the hold up is with getting wages off our wage bill. Mulgrew was set to join Fleetwood (Twitter rumour) but that still hasn’t gone through. 

Just put him in a large bin bag with some bricks and I'll throw him in the canal at Eanam with a few lads if he's holding things up 

I think Armstrong has added another 5m to his value already this season. And Dolan is a gift from the gods, he is valuable already. Potential Cashback on Raya, and the long awaited Josh King money hopefully. We have added to asset column, and should have some unexpected revenue shortly.

I really think this team is close to being top 6 material. Sign Manning, and loan a GK and quality CM from somewhere. If there is ever a time to go for it Venkys, this is it.

• Like 7