BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It would seem there's already a £10m bid in for him, stinking out the place. If he stays injury free and in the striker spot then 20+ goals this season is highly likely. At the going rate for talented young strikers that bid would have to be doubled you would have thought - especially as he's English. 

Agreed, and the one thing about Venkys is they usually hold out for a higher fee.

Obviously, we want Armstrong to stay, and even if we did get offered silly money for him, it would be useless to us if we sell him at the death on deadline day.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It would seem there's already a £10m bid in for him, stinking out the place. If he stays injury free and in the striker spot then 20+ goals this season is highly likely. At the going rate for talented young strikers that bid would have to be doubled you would have thought - especially as he's English. 

I'd be rejecting that £10m bid if it was for either Arma or Dack. 

The fees that people pay these days is obscene for players of similar/lesser quality.

They are both vital to our team so if anyone wants them, they need to pay the silly fees we see everywhere else.

• Like 2

Just now, martonrover said:

Agreed, and the one thing about Venkys is they usually hold out for a higher fee.

Obviously, we want Armstrong to stay, and even if we did get offered silly money for him, it would be useless to us if we sell him at the death on deadline day.

Yeah, it would be silly to let him go unless we do a Brentford and have a quality replacement lined up for a fraction of what we sell him for. He's a natural finisher. A bit like Dack. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The fees that people pay these days is obscene for players of similar/lesser quality.

They are both vital to our team so if anyone wants them, they need to pay the silly fees we see everywhere else.

Exactly, look at the fees Brentford hold out for an eventually get. Why let AA go for 10 mil this season when if he scores 20+ goals he would be worth double or even triple that when you consider the fees the likes of Watkins have attracted. 

Dack is getting older so his value will eventually start to subside, so at one point we will have to consider selling him if we want value, either that or he helps get us promoted.

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, davulsukur said:

In the current market Arma is a £20m+ player and if he carries on scoring every week I can see someone bidding that before the end of this window...

Dack, even after his injury is worth £10-15m because he’s that good.

I wouldn’t be against us selling either so long as there was a plan to buy two or three good players (£2-5m) which would improve us overall.

• Like 1

High quality LB- we have so much talent coming through from the Academy now that anything else is in the nice to have category.

As for sales, thankfully the Prem window closes before our's and before any Managers are getting desperate.

I just hope the Raya and King deals get done pronto.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

U23 is not the same as competitive league football, but my comment was not specifically about him as I have never seen him, I just think considering our problems in that position and his inability to ever make a squad, it is safe to say that he wont be in the managers thoughts in the near future.

And Tyrhys Dolan had only played Under 18’s football but he’s set the world on fire and nobody can deny his ability and potential.

Lewis Thompson would definitely do a better job than Bell for me.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Hmm...I’ve reflected on what he said and I don’t think that’s the case. Hes saying is that he only has enough now to buy one player OR loaned two or three...if that’s the case then he actually can’t buy Manning because the squad needs a 2nd choice keeper more. His thought process being we have a first team LB and the likes of JRC or Bennett to cover but if Kaminski gets injured we’re literally down to Fisher.

Either way, I hope he’s bluffing because we need a LB and a Keeper minimum. The sales of King and Raya should release some more money as will any internal sales...wonder if someone might come and snatch Dack on the last day? If Ollie Watkins is worth £28m surely Dack’s worth £10-15m even coming off a bad injury? He’s every bit as effective as Benhrama, Watkins etc in the Championhip...wouldn’t surprise me!

Is it still the case that you can use an emergency loan if your keeper gets injured outside of the window? I would be going down that route. Fisher on the bench and then an emergency loan if we need to call on a keeper due to injury.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

High quality LB- we have so much talent coming through from the Academy now that anything else is in the nice to have category.

As for sales, thankfully the Prem window closes before our's and before any Managers are getting desperate.

I just hope the Raya and King deals get done pronto.

I can’t see King and Raya not being sold soon tbh. Neither are even featuring in match day squads.

Great point about the Prem window closing first. That should give us the time to reinforce the squad if we sell AA. I can see Dack going to a Bournemouth or Watford who need to get back out of the league and will have parachute payments plus sales of assets cash sat in their pocket.

Weirdly, we could end up with substantial funds at the back end of the window. Hope we’ve got the right level of targets lined up just in case.

45 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

In the current market Arma is a £20m+ player and if he carries on scoring every week I can see someone bidding that before the end of this window...

Dack, even after his injury is worth £10-15m because he’s that good.

I wouldn’t be against us selling either so long as there was a plan to buy two or three good players (£2-5m) which would improve us overall.

Can't see teams buying Dack until Jan earliest.

From what we've seen so far, most people would say we are only a couple of quality signings away from genuine play off/promotion material. 

However, I think the Travis injury may have panicked him.

I've always been an advocate of permanent over loan signings.

Yet, surely now is the time for the 'expensive loan' quality to push us over the line - but it seems like he's had his fingers burnt.

Alternatively, this is the time he goes to Venkys and cashes in all his 'credit" for an extra few million.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Three loans makes sense if they’re all players capable of starting. If we’re loaning squad players then just sign a proper left back. 

He has to go with the loans unless we get some incoming cash Josh. Because we need a keeper as bad as we need a LB and he’s saying we can only buy one.

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't see teams buying Dack until Jan earliest.

From what we've seen so far, most people would say we are only a couple of quality signings away from genuine play off/promotion material. 

However, I think the Travis injury may have panicked him.

I've always been an advocate of permanent over loan signings.

Yet, surely now is the time for the 'expensive loan' quality to push us over the line - but it seems like he's had his fingers burnt.

Alternatively, this is the time he goes to Venkys and cashes in all his 'credit" for an extra few million.

I agree. Two or three ‘Reed’ or ‘Tosin’ level loans for a LB, GK and CM and we’re pretty much all set to go for a top six push.

I think we’ll loan a LB, get a freebie GK and then buy a CM when cash gets freed up at the end of the window.

9 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Given the sort of fees I've seen in recent weeks regarding how much a loan really costs, I'd much-rather we brought in one permanent signing, than spend potentially more on a loan signing or two.

Thinking about loans we’ve had...

If we could get a Cunningham, Tosin, Reed and a keeper I’d say we’d be all set to go for promotion. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, unsall said:

Amazing how everyone thinks Armstrong is a 20 mil player now, quite a lot on here thought we overpaid for him, I didn’t, thought it was a good buy and we need to give TM a bit of credit for it.

If you actually go through the team there are some serious assets now,hopefully we can keep them and push on for promotion... 

Agreed

Arma - 20 million

Dack - 15 million

Travis - 10 million

lenihan - 5 million

nymabe - 5 million 

Dolan - 5 million 

Thats about 60 million worth of assists there I reckon. Of course a lot of those values rely on tying down players to long term contracts, but aside from maybe travis I feel those values are realistic. In the cases of Arma, Dolan and even Dack they could even go up 5 million further each with a successful season. 

In terms of where we currently are at with incoming, I think we should go all out to secure a quality perm left back. A loan would just put us in the same position next summer. I’m happy with where we are at in the centre back department. The emergence of Williams means we have 3 decent experienced CBs, with 2-3 emerging young ones to provide cover. We do need a back up keeper for sure, however I would rather gamble of the fitness of Kaminski than risk a season of bell as first choice. In terms of midfield and attack, Whiteman and Jozwiak would of been the dream, but we probably have enough to get by, and both departments have started the season extremely well. 

The start of the season has been so encouraging, we have looked like a promotion worthy side at times, but there is important work to be done in the market if we are to sustain that. 

On a side note, are the people who suggested that someone had signed sticking with that knowledge? Are we waiting until Monday to announce? Or are we assuming that ‘the source’ got it wrong?

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, 47er said:

If he scores the winner at Deepdale he'll be a legend at 18!

Seriously what were Preston thinking of?

Clearly, Dolan is a very exciting talent.

To me, there are two points:

• You have to give these you lads a chance - they are not kids at 20, 21, 22, 23 upwards as Mowbray has historically and persistently stated and managed upon.  PNE didn't give the lad a chance and the rest will be history.
  • As I've said on this MB on countless occasions, those with real potential and talent batter down that first team door irrespective of how young they are.  We have a legion of 'youngsters' in the 20 to 23 year old range who many on here refer to as 'good prospects' - IMO, a good many of them wont be good enough for the Championship and they should be moved on.

Football is a simple game and very often the facts are black or white.

• Like 3

Said it before, no need to worry about Dack leaving right now. No club will be taking a punt on him for big bucks until they’ve seen him play again.

Couple of people on Twitter linking us with Luke Garbutt. Not a bad CV but doesn’t look to have played at a higher level than league one for a good couple of seasons. We can surely do better.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

And Tyrhys Dolan had only played Under 18’s football but he’s set the world on fire and nobody can deny his ability and potential.

Lewis Thompson would definitely do a better job than Bell for me.

Nail on head.

As I posted a few minutes ago, if you never give the lads a chance...................................

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Said it before, no need to worry about Dack leaving right now. No club will be taking a punt on him for big bucks until they’ve seen him play again.

Couple of people on Twitter linking us with Luke Garbutt. Not a bad CV but doesn’t look to have played at a higher level than league one for a good couple of seasons. We can surely do better.

yeah, spent last two seasons on loan in league One - 27 now too, so I dont think this is one we should be looking at.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Luke Garbutt isn’t an upgrade on Bell trust me. And that’s saying something.

What I don’t understand is why we now only have money for one permanent signing/two loans? Does that mean; that if we had signed Kipre for £900k, that our business was done for the window with him and Kaminski? Surely that’s complete bollocks? Where’s the Kipre transfer fee gone?

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

What I don’t understand is why we now only have money for one permanent signing/two loans? Does that mean; that if we had signed Kipre for £900k, that our business was done for the window with him and Kaminski? Surely that’s complete bollocks? Where’s the Kipre transfer fee gone?

Ayala's wages and signing on fee mostly I expect.