BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Chaddy is pissed we got Elliott.

I could understand if it was a case of Elliott or x but an extra body , especially one with quality and potential starter is baffling. He fails he gets dropped where back to Dolan tearing everyone a new one, Dolan gets injured we have this kid instead of Gallagher playing there. Don’t understand some people’s mentality at times

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I could understand if it was a case of Elliott or x but an extra body , especially one with quality and potential starter is baffling. He fails he gets dropped where back to Dolan tearing everyone a new one, Dolan gets injured we have this kid instead of Gallagher playing there. Don’t understand some people’s mentality at times

Exactly, who will he hold back? It doesn't matter anyway, our aim is to get promoted, not put our focus on the career of young footballers. if they are good enough they will get in the team or forge good careers in the game elsewhere. There is no loyalty, we could give game time to the Buckley's, JRC's Davenports and the rest only for them to be snapped up by somebody else anyway - where does that get the club? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Plus Dolan is still very raw...he has been great so far but since he has been 'trending' Cardiff showed how to deal with him. We cannot rely on him at such a tender stage in his career. its great to have him AND Elliott, scary for opponents. Dolan is ours and still very young, if he keeps working as hard as he is, he will have a good career. We now have more depth and he will still get plenty of game time im sure. Besides, Elliott usually plays left side so we could have both of them on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Oh well. Another window over. I guess we will have to wait for our annual "I was wrong" by Mercer predicting 20 million pound savings, club tittering on the edge of oblivion and all his other doomsday predictions.

Now we will "walk it".

Man is a walking contradiction, but nevertheless it is hard to feel anything but joy at todays business so I won't spoil the occassion.

Anyone else excited for the game tomorrow? Jesus, I've not felt giddy in a while.

Who is this giddy, I hope she enjoyed it ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Plus Dolan is still very raw...he has been great so far but since he has been 'trending' Cardiff showed how to deal with him. We cannot rely on him at such a tender stage in his career. its great to have him AND Elliott, scary for opponents. Dolan is ours and still very young, if he keeps working as hard as he is, he will have a good career. We now have more depth and he will still get plenty of game time im sure. Besides, Elliott usually plays left side so we could have both of them on.

Mouth wateringly Frightening ?

• Like 1

What a busy transfer deadline day for Rovers. 4 in and 2 out. 

Trybull I dont know much about him tbh..is he ball winning midfielder or passing one? 

Douglas is a good signing. Worried about his injuries but hopefully that does happen here. 

Elliott. Isn't he a left footed winger who played on the right wing? Surprise we gone for a winger tbh considering the 6 options already we got. 

Signing Pears maybe sense now Fisher gone. Fisher needed to leave and play somewhere. Hopefully that happens now for him

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Trybull I dont know much about him tbh..is he ball winning midfielder or passing one? 

Douglas is a good signing. Worried about his injuries but hopefully that does happen here. 

Elliott. Isn't he a left footed winger who played on the right wing? Surprise we gone for a winger tbh considering the 6 options already we got. 

Signing Pears maybe sense now Fisher gone. Fisher needed to leave and play somewhere. Hopefully that happens now for him

Intrigued to know who our existing 6 options for the wing are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Talk about negativity. We sign 2 players with promotion winning experience and an outstanding young talent and you try to put a downer on two of them. Get behind the manager and back the players instead of moaning.

Also who are the 6 options we have on the wing? Anyway whoever they are Elliott is a better player than all of them.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

Game changing window. Harvey Elliot - the coup of the day. Didn't expect that one at the start of the day. 

Overall, I'd say us and Forest have been the biggest winners in this window and look very strong. Forest have made some cracking signings. Brentford have probably been the biggest losers. 

• Like 1

Still a bit in shock after today. Thought we had a great window after Ayala, Kaminski and Douglas joined, then Turnbull came, and the most exciting one in Elliott. I never believed in a million years he was available nor that we afford him.

Summary:

Out: Graham (38 games / 4 goals), Samuel (15 games / 2 goals), Smallwood, Walton, Adebayaro, Leutwiler, Hart, Mulgrew, Fisher

In: Kaminski, The Greek, Pears, Ayala, Douglas, Turnbull, Dolan, Elliott, (McBride). Transfer outlay probably 1-1.5 mill all together (depending on Elliott's loan fee)

Except Adebayaro, nobody made an impact of note last season. Ayala replacing him with his leadership qualities should be as good or better. The rest should be a major upgrade on the ones that left. 

Considering Johnson, Rothwell, Hotlby, Williams looks better this year we are in such a far better shape than last season when we were close to play-offs. I even forgot Dack is returning.

The last two seasons I've claimed we've a mid-table squad, now I'll say it's top six squad. Now Tony has the squad he wants and the style he wants, so it's up to him to bring it together.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I saw that - had to bite my lips, ass cheeks, foreskin and everything else to not comment.

They completely fucked it all up, badly advised or whatever, they should have done their own research and some soul searching along the way. It's caused some unforgettable stuff, but, at some stage it would be nice to have all involved as a collective.

I guess they have tried to make amends through money

At the end of the day we are being backed and splashing the cash on deadline day, while others struggle on.

There are no others out there who will back us so why not try and get along 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, briansol said:

Still a bit in shock after today. Thought we had a great window after Ayala, Kaminski and Douglas joined, then Turnbull came, and the most exciting one in Elliott. I never believed in a million years he was available nor that we afford him.

Summary:

Out: Graham (38 games / 4 goals), Samuel (15 games / 2 goals), Smallwood, Walton, Adebayaro, Leutwiler, Hart, Mulgrew, Fisher

In: Kaminski, The Greek, Pears, Ayala, Douglas, Turnbull, Dolan, Elliott, (McBride). Transfer outlay probably 1-1.5 mill all together (depending on Elliott's loan fee)

Except Adebayaro, nobody made an impact of note last season. Ayala replacing him with his leadership qualities should be as good or better. The rest should be a major upgrade on the ones that left. 

Considering Johnson, Rothwell, Hotlby, Williams looks better this year we are in such a far better shape than last season when we were close to play-offs. I even forgot Dack is returning.

The last two seasons I've claimed we've a mid-table squad, now I'll say it's top six squad. Now Tony has the squad he wants and the style he wants, so it's up to him to bring it together.

Didn't feel like it but it is 9 out, 9 in.

Plus Mols and White gone on loan.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its a strange do if chaddy is called negative after a signing spree!

To be fair to him, he said beforehand that he didnt want a winger and he is sticking to that opinion. Disagreed at the time and still do but fair play for not changing his opinion ?

What you reckon to Douglas mate? You happy with that one or would you have preferred Cunningham?

Im worried about injury proneness a little with him, and lacks a bit of speed, but IMO the creativity and set pieces more than make up for it

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a strange do if chaddy is called negative after a signing spree!

To be fair to him, he said beforehand that he didnt want a winger and he is sticking to that opinion. Disagreed at the time and still do but fair play for not changing his opinion ?

You should try the ICBINF - he changes tack every time Boris Johnson does a U-turn, ie at least twice a week. 

• Like 3