BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray: Stay or Go - A Poll

Mowbray: Back or Sack  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Forget what Waggott will or won’t do, based on his performance as manager to this point, should Mowbray stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Don’t care

12 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I've admitted I was underwhelmed when TM was announced, but overall since the day he arrived he's done more good than bad IMO and I've been pleasantly surprised, without being put on the edge of my seat or being part of a cult. 

This club needs stability right now, in these most uncertain of times. 

So it’s very possible that someone who sounds unsuitable as a replacement for Mowbray might actually do a good job? Maybe even better off.

12 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Pulis is far more anti-football than Allardyce ever was. And MGP had a lot more about him than did Rory Delap.

Yes his past record may eclipse Mowbray's, but you also accept his best days are behind him. That doesn't bode well for our next appointment.

I'll be honest at this juncture i wouldn't want Pulis i think he'd be just as infuriating as Mowbray with stuff on the pitch and in no way is the squad suitable for his football.

10 games into next season i could very well be screaming out for him though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Isn’t the manager of our U18s a SEM client? Sheron, presumably no relation... Smallwood, who has apparently recently had a short contract extension is also a SEM man.

I’m curious where you’ve got your HSH info, I can’t find any record of them. There‘s a spurious domain which currently doesn’t have a landing page but nothing else.

Type in HSH Sports Agency to Google and an interview  with a local paper pops up featuring "Boro fan" Craig Honeyman. 

The two headline players quoted as being on the books were quoted at the time of the article as being Julio Arca and Richie Smallwood.

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep, we don't want to end up with someone on the managerial scrapheap who had to walk out of his previous job at a League 1 Club before he was pushed after a run of ten games without a win.

Oooo errrr........ hang on!

?

Come on, there was no stability under Coyle, that was a completely different scenario to where we are now.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

A has been who has 2 promotions from the Championship since Mowbray managed his only one. If he's a has been what does that make Mowbray?

Warnock is an old man who is heading for  a second successive relegation unless the 12 point deduction rule gets him off the hook. Should call it a day whilst people still hold him in high regard.

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Come on, there was no stability under Coyle, that was a completely different scenario to where we are now.

The point is, the pro Mowbray brigade are pooh poohing every name suggested on the basis they don't have the greatest CV or are too much of a risk yet at the time the appointment of out of work former Coventry man Mowbray (who they appear perfectly happy with) appeared equally left field and fraught with risk

• Like 1

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Warnock is an old man who is heading for  a second successive relegation unless the 12 point deduction rule gets him off the hook. Should call it a day whilst people still hold him in high regard.

But an old man who goes in practically part time and gets a couple of clubs promoted. Does he take all his mates ?  Does he buy drones and employ pilots ?   Or does he just go in with a target in mind, shake things up and try and deliver then if not is happy to fall on his sword.

Will Tony be in such demand in 15 years time ?

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd say the club needs promotion in these uncertain times. As we have seen before stability eventually results in going backwards and in the end in relegation.

If you could guarantee me a manager who could do that whilst also willing to work with all this club's foibles & idiosyncrasies, then I'd agree.

Sadly he doesn't exist.