BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray: Stay or Go - A Poll

Mowbray: Back or Sack  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Forget what Waggott will or won’t do, based on his performance as manager to this point, should Mowbray stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Don’t care

Just now, tomphil said:

But an old man who goes in practically part time and gets a couple of clubs promoted. Does he take all his mates ?  Does he buy drones and employ pilots ?   Or does he just go in with a target in mind, shake things up and try and deliver then if not is happy to fall on his sword.

Will Tony be in such demand in 15 years time ?

Warnock is like Coldplay, good until recently but gone now -sorry.

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It’s been tricky to be honest. Lots of digging in lots of different places! 

Their Twitter account will give you an insight into the players and managers on their books... I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we brought in Marcus Forss as our obligatory striker this summer.

There is a really worrying thread running through all our recent managers (Appleton aside)

Kean - we all know about that

Berg - Rune Hauge (the one who get banned for the dodgy dealings with George Graham involving John Jensen... another SEM man who was foisted on us. Hauge and Jerome were also both involved in the John Obi Mikel controversy)

Appleton - Oporto Sports

Bowyer - HSH

Lambert - HSH

Coyle - HSH

Mowbray - HSH

Below is HSH’s companies house listing...

Plenty of crossover with SEM. Several familiar names on the SEM filing history. HSH were incorporated around 6 months after Jerome resigned as an SEM director. 

Little more than a rebranding?

Cheers for that.

On the one hand, I could be cynical about nothing having changed and it’s still the Venkys show (let’s never have anyone pretend that they were in any way naive).

On the other hand, agents have their tentacles in football so far that it will be hard to get away from any particular brand. Maybe we just shop in the Poundland equivalent for agencies?

Actually I’m going to go for the former. The loss making enterprise continues full steam ahead with another of the stable in charge but the fans no longer give a shit.

#wewantourroversback

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

But an old man who goes in practically part time and gets a couple of clubs promoted. Does he take all his mates ?  Does he buy drones and employ pilots ?   Or does he just go in with a target in mind, shake things up and try and deliver then if not is happy to fall on his sword.

Will Tony be in such demand in 15 years time ?

Everyone should stop taking him on. His WUM mask has slipped (it was hanging off already) with the constant ‘soccer’ posts. He’s now playing contrarian with every single post and suggestion - and his posts are getting sillier, must be tired, not as subtle.

He’s an odd individual, but must be getting his kicks out it, but he’s making threads unreadable.

*Mods* - I’m all for debate and differing views but it’s getting daft.

Edited by Mattyblue

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Type in HSH Sports Agency to Google and an interview  with a local paper pops up featuring "Boro fan" Craig Honeyman. 

The two headline players quoted as being on the books were quoted at the time of the article as being Julio Arca and Richie Smallwood.

Yeah, that was the only thing I found. Boro is quite the coincidence, eh?

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Their Twitter account will give you an insight into the players and managers on their books... I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we brought in Marcus Forss as our obligatory striker this summer.

There is a really worrying thread running through all our recent managers (Appleton aside)

Berg - Rune Hauge (the one who get banned for the dodgy dealings with George Graham involving John Jensen... another SEM man who was foisted on us. Hauge and Jerome were also both involved in the John Obi Mikel controversy)

Appleton - Oporto Sports

Bowyer - HSH

Lambert - HSH

Coyle - HSH

Mowbray - HSH

Plenty of crossover with SEM. Several familiar names on the SEM filing history. HSH were incorporated around 6 months after Jerome resigned as an SEM director. 

0B8736C5-80E9-472D-91D4-E7A4B470AE3A.png

EF4BC091-20CA-4237-8FE3-B9108598AB10.png

Like a few of us have suspected all along they never ever really went away something at the heart of all this is still at play and it's more than mere advice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So it’s very possible that someone who sounds unsuitable as a replacement for Mowbray might actually do a good job? Maybe even better off.

Yes it's possible, of course it is.

But is it likely?

No, in my opinion.

Was it likely that TM would improve on Coyle's tenure? God yes, he certainly couldn't have done any worse!

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Have a look at the table, old boy. They all go in the end - even Dalgleish.

Firstly its Dalglish. I'd have thought someone purporting to be a Rovers fan would know that

Secondly he's been there for 3 games and he will keep them up. No doubt about it.

Thirdly Warnock has a better return from his last 3 games than Mowbray does.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Everyone should stop taking him on. His WUM mask has slipped (it was hanging off already) with the constant ‘soccer’ posts. He’s now playing contrarian with every single post and suggestion - and the posts are getting sillier, must be tired, not as subtle.

He’s an odd individual that is making threads unreadable.

Makes you wonder if he's any pals up there in smog land.....

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Yes it's possible, of course it is.

But is it likely?

No, in my opinion.

Was it likely that TM would improve on Coyle's tenure? God yes, he certainly couldn't have done any worse!

So Mowbray is the best manager we can ever hope for? And midtable championship is the height of our ambition?

Get those season tickets on sale quick!

Anyway, it barely matters. It appears Mowbray is yet another client from the ex-SEM stable and we are all being played for fools.

Very much falling out of love with football at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

So Mowbray is the best manager we can ever hope for? And midtable championship is the height of our ambition?

Get those season tickets on sale quick!

Anyway, it barely matters. It appears Mowbray is yet another client from the ex-SEM stable and we are all being played for fools.

Very much falling out of love with football at this point.

You must keep supporting our club like I do.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The point is, the pro Mowbray brigade are pooh poohing every name suggested on the basis they don't have the greatest CV or are too much of a risk yet at the time the appointment of out of work former Coventry man Mowbray (who they appear perfectly happy with) appeared equally left field and fraught with risk

I take your point, but I just don't have confidence that lightning would strike twice in that respect and would rather let TM continue at this moment in time.

As I just said to Stuart, I'm not saying it's not possible to improve on TM, just that it's unlikely that we would. It'll be much harder for Venkys to find someone to improve on TM than it was to find someone to improve on Coyle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Makes you wonder if he's any pals up there in smog land.....

What about , Warnock keeping Boro up and then retires ...

Then ah presto Mowbray becomes manager at the start of next season ???

Anything is plausible in football..

42 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Appleton - Oporto Sports

Bowyer - HSH

Lambert - HSH

Coyle - HSH

Mowbray - HSH

0B8736C5-80E9-472D-91D4-E7A4B470AE3A.png

EF4BC091-20CA-4237-8FE3-B9108598AB10.png

This post should be pinned on here.

Dark forces.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought Johnson did a great job with the " reserves " before he got promoted to chief drone pilot or whatever it is that he does these days. Unfortunately in my eyes he's become tarred with the Mowbray brush. They're all as bad, anybody with any degree of responsibility for that rubbish we've seen recently needs to go.

He is first team coach now. He helps the players with video analysing aswell as coaching at the training pitch 

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’d be putting money on some of the following to replace Mowbray, whenever the time comes...

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Tony Pulis

Graham Wesley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Tony Philliskirk

Thanks for the list Miller11

2 hours ago, rigger said:

All these lists. As T M even hinted at leaving?

nope

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Pulis in an infinitely superior manager to Mowbray.

Pulis has said today that he isn't ready to return to football any time soon. 

Pulis's style of of football is negative and boring. Sacked by WBA, Palace and Stoke. Palace sacked him 48 hours behind the start of the season didn't they in 2014? Boro fans got fed up with his moaning very quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

What about , Warnock keeping Boro up and then retires ...

Then ah presto Mowbray becomes manager at the start of next season ???

Anything is plausible in football..

Gibson won't go for Mogga again he knows what we know.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is first team coach now. He helps the players with video analysing aswell as coaching at the training pitch 

Thanks for the list Miller11

nope

Pulis has said today that he isn't ready to return to football any time soon. 

Pulis's style of of football is negative and boring. Sacked by WBA, Palace and Stoke. Palace sacked him 48 hours behind the start of the season didn't they in 2014? Boro fans got fed up with his moaning very quickly. 

what’s Mowbray’s style of play?