BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray: Stay or Go - A Poll

Mowbray: Back or Sack  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Forget what Waggott will or won’t do, based on his performance as manager to this point, should Mowbray stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Don’t care

@Crimpshrine

Who buying the club with world recession happening due to the virus? 

We havent a scouting system for years but Mowbray and his staff have set up an European scouting network and we have invest time, money and staff into bringing this system into the club. We have invested more money and staff into data analysis aswell. We have Bruno Reis as our Chief European scout plus other so let's see how it develops going over. 

Yes I do enjoying going to watch Rovers whether home or away. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would like Damien Johnson given a chance to be manager/head coach here and he would be my 1st choice. Other names I would look is Karl Robinson or Lee Bowyer or Gary Rowett or Richard Wellens or Gareth Ainsworth.

Hughes has never worked without Mark Bowen or Eddie Niedzwiecki. So with both at Reading and no signs of them leaving there. Can he do it without them which is a very valid concern? you not agree? 

Gus Poyet is high profile? No thanks. Good record? didn't he failed to get Brighton up. Sacked Sunderland, the chinese club he was at and wasn't he sacked at Bordeaux within 9 months?

Hughes has never worked without Mark Bowen or Eddie Niedzwiecki. So with both at Reading and no signs of them leaving there. Can he do it without them which is a very valid concern? you not agree? 

Jokanovic is earning millions in Qatar

Stendel? sacked by Barnsley and Hearts in his last 2 jobs

All you seem to do is rubbish other people's suggestion. For example I suggested Rowett yesterday you for some bizarre reason rubbished that he would Leave Millwall for us. Yet today you are proposing him.

You ask could Sparky (who has had a very good managerial career) do it without his normal coaching staff and then say that Damien Johnson a man who has never managed would be your first choice. Do you not see a slight contradiction here?

Gus Poyet didn't fail at Brighton it was him who started them on the road that they are on now. He also did well at Bordeaux in his last job as well.

I told you plenty of reasons yesterday why we could get Jokanovic. Evidently you ignored them

Stendel wasn't sacked by Hearts

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

All you seem to do is rubbish other people's suggestion. For example I suggested Rowett yesterday you for some bizarre reason rubbished that he would Leave Millwall for us. Yet today you are proposing him.

You ask could Sparky (who has had a very good managerial career) do it without his normal coaching staff and then say that Damien Johnson a man who has never managed would be your first choice. Do you not see a slight contradiction here?

Gus Poyet didn't fail at Brighton it was him who started them on the road that they are on now. He also did well at Bordeaux in his last job as well.

I told you plenty of reasons yesterday why we could get Jokanovic. Evidently you ignored them

Sparky keeps getting fired.

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Stendel left Hearts whether it was him or club invoked their clause. 

Did Poyet take them up? No he didnt. 

Poyet was sacked within 9 months at Bordeaux. He was suspended for criticising the club for selling a player. 

Well my concerns over Mark Hughes being manager with Mark Bowen and  Eddie Niedzwiecki with him is a good point 

Unless Johnson is appoint as head coach or manager somewhere we never know. 

I dont see Rowett leaving Millwall for us. I said yesterday I was a fan of him. 

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

That's a good point but not one that some people have yet twigged.

Just because a manager has been sacked it doesn't mean he is a bad manager. Souness was sacked in his two previous jobs before we appointed him. Sam was only available when we appointed him because Newcastle sacked him. 

I'd be ecstatic if we brought Chris Hughton in and he has been sacked 3 times in the last 10 years but the difference between him and Mowbray is that he has a very good Championship record and has only been sacked when he has been managing at the top level. Even the Mowbray the man you believe is the right man for the job has been sacked multiple times in his career. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well my concerns over Mark Hughes being manager with Mark Bowen and  Eddie Niedzwiecki with him is a good point 

Unless Johnson is appoint as head coach or manager somewhere we never know. 

It may be a good point but you rather undermine it by making your first choice someone who has never managed before. Appointing someone who has never managed before is a far greater risk than appointing a manager who has had a many years of success in the Premiership.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

It may be a good point but you rather undermine by making your first choice someone who has never managed before. Appointing someone who has never managed before is a far greater risk than appointing a manager who has had a many years of success in the Premiership.

Yep, Chaddy being chaddy.

Ask any person in the country who you'd prefer to manage your team....Sparky or DJ.....Only Chaddy says DJ.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

If the club is soulless and hopeless, nothing would lift our spirits like the appointment of a fresh young face, a winner. When the time comes, Steven Gerrard would be my choice. 

A winner as a player, yes, but not as a manager. Two full seasons at Rangers, that’s six attempts at a trophy and he’s won nothing.

• Like 1

Truth, but as we know, Rangers have a sticky financial situation. I still says fans would welcome a big name, a proven winner, one of the best midfielders ever who understands the game. Rovers would play sound, disciplined, football, imo. 

Edited by WacoRover

12 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It may be a good point but you rather undermine it by making your first choice someone who has never managed before. 

I have been open and honest with my choice Of Damien Johnson. If I remember correctly when we had a poll.on this forum who would you pick to replace Mowbray didnt Johnson come second. So plenty of other people on here want him also

Edited by chaddyrovers

They say "never go back" and historically managers never seem to have the same impact when returning to their old stomping grounds.

Mark Hughes would find Rovers a different animal than the one he remembers, and vice-versa.

24 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Truth, but as we know, Rangers have a sticky financial situation. I still says fans would welcome a big name, a proven winner, one of the best midfielders ever who understands the game. Rovers would play sound, disciplined, football, imo. 

I was a huge admirer of him as a player, but I wouldn't touch Gerrard with a barge pole. Most of us on this message board could have had Rangers finishing second in that league with the resources and support that he's had. Funnily enough Mowbray had a similar record while at Celtic in the same league.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I was a huge admirer of him as a player, but I wouldn't touch Gerrard with a barge pole. Most of us on this message board could have had Rangers finishing second in that league with the resources and support that he's had. Funnily enough Mowbray had a similar record while at Celtic in the same league.  

I wouldn't go for Gerrard, but Mowbray's record at Celtic was poor.

Mowbray P45 W23 D9 L13

Gerrard P113 W68 D27 L18

So Gerrard has a 60.2% win percentage vs Mowbray with 51.1% at Celtic.

Mowbray lost 28.9% of his games with Celtic, which is pretty alarming in a country with only 2 decent teams.

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have been open and honest with my choice Of Damien Johnson. If I remember correctly when we had a poll.on this forum who would you pick to replace Mowbray didnt Johnson come second. So plenty of other people on here want him also

I thought Johnson did a great job with the " reserves " before he got promoted to chief drone pilot or whatever it is that he does these days. Unfortunately in my eyes he's become tarred with the Mowbray brush. They're all as bad, anybody with any degree of responsibility for that rubbish we've seen recently needs to go.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just because a manager has been sacked it doesn't mean he is a bad manager. Souness was sacked in his two previous jobs before we appointed him. Sam was only available when we appointed him because Newcastle sacked him. 

I'd be ecstatic if we brought Chris Hughton in and he has been sacked 3 times in the last 10 years but the difference between him and Mowbray is that he has a very good Championship record and has only been sacked when he has been managing at the top level. Even the Mowbray the man you believe is the right man for the job has been sacked multiple times in his career. 

The people demanding young hungry managers won't like this.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I wouldn't go for Gerrard, but Mowbray's record at Celtic was poor.

Mowbray P45 W23 D9 L13

Gerrard P113 W68 D27 L18

So Gerrard has a 60.2% win percentage vs Mowbray with 51.1% at Celtic.

Mowbray lost 28.9% of his games with Celtic, which is pretty alarming in a country with only 2 decent teams.

In Scotland, if you're an old firm manager you either win the league or you don't. That's all I meant really, I don't get hung up on minutiae and wasn't doing a statistical comparison of the two of them. Gerrard has failed. Same as Mowbray did. He only has one job and that is to finish above Celtic, and as soon as Rangers got close to them this season they nosedived.  Sound familiar?

Every managerial appointment is a gamble. Some of the biggest clubs in the country have hired managers who looked the perfect fit, but for whatever reason they never clicked.

Whether it's someone who's been around block or an unknown quantity, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

• Like 2