BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think Mowbray's mindset to these last few games will all be about self preservation and finishing as high as he can rather than playing some development / U23 players to see what they can do.

Agree with Tom above, as a minimum Walton, Johnson and Gallagher should be dropped - in fact, IMO, loanee, calamity Walton should not start another game for Rovers.  Can any of the development / U23 players do any worse than those three?

Can see absolutely nothing other than a Cardiff win.  So confident of this, I've put all my my £130 winnings for betting against Rovers last week on a Cardff win at just a little better than evens.  For those who say you shouldn't bet against Rovers then I would say why not?  If we are so poor and it's easy money then you would be silly not to.

To be honest, if it would result in Mowbray's departure, I would take a hiding and defeat in each of our last five matches.

Not even a classic Mercer comment like this makes me think we’ve got any chance of getting a result unfortunately. Bluebirds 3 Rovers 1. 

Agree completely with the sentiment of blooding as many youngsters as possible for the remainder of the season.

Can't see any point whatsoever in starting Walton. He's absolutely useless and won't be here next season. Might as well see if Hilton and Fisher are viable options going forward, they could hardly do any worse. 

• Like 3

One thing that I would say is that id be surprised. Mowbray went for very much a conservative approach last year but had much more goodwill with stability being more acceptable following promotion.

I remember that Davenport was fit but had to make do with just over a half on the last day when Bennett got injured. Chapman had to make do with a couple of small cameos. Brereton finally got his goal v Bolton then Graham came back and finished the season. Buckley and Butterworth got 15 minutes as a token appearance v Bolton. 

Self preservation came before proactive forward thinking last year. I suspect it might again this.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

.So confident of this, I've put all my my £130 winnings for betting against Rovers last week on a Cardff win at just a little better than evens.  

Should have bumped it with Mendez Lang to score anytime.....he is exactly the type of player we don't like defending against. Bound to score and in good form.

5 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Walton in goal, Gallagher on the right wing , Bennett at left back. Three certainties unless injuries. Oh and Tony will persist with the false nine experiment, thinking he’s Vicente Del Bosque in 2010. 

Even if we scrape the top ten finish which is respectable I fail to see how any fan cannot be a bit pissed off with that type of thing.

It might work tonight it does work occasionally. About 1 in 5 or 6 but what we need is something that works 4 times out of 6.

Such a needlessly hamstrung outfit at times.

7 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I'd freshen it up. 

Drop Walton, Johnson,Bennett, Holtby, Gallagher.

Give some younger lads the chance to shine.

LINEUP111594077289005.png

I am not saying I am happy with it. But if your team was the basis for next season. Wharton could replace Tosin , Brereton could replace Graham, the rest of the Squad are cover. That way we don’t have to spend any money.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am not saying I am happy with it. But if your team was the basis for next season. Wharton could replace Tosin , Brereton could replace Graham, the rest of the Squad are cover. That way we don’t have to spend any money.

Nailed on to go down but if they didn't it would be invaluable experience and a base for the future. Just one thing though, i'd want someone else managing it.

11 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Cardiff on fire with a good ambitious young manager; literally couldn't be further away from our sorry tale. We're going to get pumped. 

As I said in the Tony Mowbray thread, goes to show a young ambitious guy whilst has its risks can breathe some life into the club. The Mowbray thread reads as if you have to be over 60 years old to be considered.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, benhben said:

As I said in the Tony Mowbray thread, goes to show a young ambitious guy whilst has its risks can breathe some life into the club. The Mowbray thread reads as if you have to be over 60 years old to be considered.

If only the clowns that owned us invested just a little bit of time in understanding the game, or even doing some proper research on who could give them some good advice, then perhaps we could have a chance of getting someone like Neil Harris. Given the amount of money they're losing you'd think they'd at least give it a little bit of focus. 

• Like 1

And the last few games are gonna be grim, with some disgruntlement from the fans I suspect. Not that it will make an iota of difference to anything. 

The only way Mowbray will leave is if he decides to OR Venkys decide to go for someone cheaper. It won't be a progressive appointment anyway, unless they got lucky and appointed Ainsworth or promoted Johnson. 

12 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I'd freshen it up. 

Drop Walton, Johnson,Bennett, Holtby, Gallagher.

Give some younger lads the chance to shine.

LINEUP111594077289005.png

I like that. 

Dead rubber game for us, no pressure, drop the under performers/crap players and give a chance to some of the younger players.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing that I would say is that id be surprised. Mowbray went for very much a conservative approach last year but had much more goodwill with stability being more acceptable following promotion.

I remember that Davenport was fit but had to make do with just over a half on the last day when Bennett got injured. Chapman had to make do with a couple of small cameos. Brereton finally got his goal v Bolton then Graham came back and finished the season. Buckley and Butterworth got 15 minutes as a token appearance v Bolton. 

Self preservation came before proactive forward thinking last year. I suspect it might again this.

Sadly I suspect you're right but after three successive defeats, Tony's favourites haven't been doing us any favours either have they?

Gotta love those two goal defeats.

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have spent almost 50 euro watching us on Ifollow since returning. I probably will again tonight, but I expect our play off hopes to end with a bang. 

3-1 Cardiff. 

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And the last few games are gonna be grim, with some disgruntlement from the fans I suspect. Not that it will make an iota of difference to anything. 

The only way Mowbray will leave is if he decides to OR Venkys decide to go for someone cheaper. It won't be a progressive appointment anyway, unless they got lucky and appointed Ainsworth or promoted Johnson. 

To be fair, if you are watching a game which could end our play off hopes, I presume you are watching a re-run of the Barnsley or even the Wigan game!

Yep Venkys are definitely not going to be logical. The fact that they havent even told Mowbray when he will find out about his budget suggests that they havent got their finger on the pulse so he is certainly safe.

You mention disgruntlement but comments on messageboards and social media wont even be seen, maybe he is lucky that there are no fans in the stadium where he could have heard some moans and groans? Then again, I dont think it would have been much more than a few less bums in seats and a few boo's at this point.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, if you are watching a game which could end our play off hopes, I presume you are watching a re-run of the Barnsley or even the Wigan game!

Yep Venkys are definitely not going to be logical. The fact that they havent even told Mowbray when he will find out about his budget suggests that they havent got their finger on the pulse so he is certainly safe.

You mention disgruntlement but comments on messageboards and social media wont even be seen, maybe he is lucky that there are no fans in the stadium where he could have heard some moans and groans? Then again, I dont think it would have been much more than a few less bums in seats and a few boo's at this point.

Ya, it was probably the Barnsley or Wigan game but Mowbray and they players are still saying there is a chance, so I meant a defeat should put an end to that nonsense. Maybe nonsense is harsh, I wouldn't expect them to say anything else and the reality is the talking they have done on the pitch told the story a few games ago. 

God knows how they are looking at the club now in the midst of the pandemic and how that impacted their main business. Can't see anyway it's gonna be good though. I suppose we just have to hope at least 4 teams next season are in a worse position than us. 

Barring mass protests, I don't see any change, no. Unless Mowbray decides to go and why would he? 

Rothwell needs dropping, as does Gallagher and Bennett. Abandon the false nine crap and rest Holtby, who's been poor in a stupid position.

Walton
Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing
           Travis    Davenport
JRC           Buckley    Armstrong
                  Graham

Would be what I'd go for.

Most of Arma's goals come from that left hand side, Graham up top so we at least have some sort of resemblance of a real striker in the side, Buckley and JRC deserve game time as does Davenport.

Hilton

Nyambe      Carter         Lenihan     Thompson

Travis          Davenport

JRC                     Holtby                 Chapman

Armstrong

Let's play a team of players who are going to be here next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Hilton

Nyambe      Carter         Lenihan     Thompson

Travis          Davenport

JRC                     Holtby                 Chapman

Armstrong

Let's play a team of players who are going to be here next season.

Why not? The Telegraph said today the playoffs are out of reach, I do not disagree with that statement. 
This looks daring, and ambitious. I like it.