SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Hilton

Nyambe      Carter         Lenihan     Thompson

Travis          Davenport

JRC                     Holtby                 Chapman

Armstrong

Let's play a team of players who are going to be here next season.

Chapman won't be here next season I don't reckon. If Tony stays I think Harry goes. They've clearly had a falling out and TM doesn't like him, that's toxic and it'll end in a move probably. Play Arma out wide and give Danny Graham a much needed and well deserved start against a Cardiff side who's fans hate him with a passion.

Just now, JoeH said:

Chapman won't be here next season I don't reckon. If Tony stays I think Harry goes. They've clearly had a falling out and TM doesn't like him, that's toxic and it'll end in a move probably. Play Arma out wide and give Danny Graham a much needed and well deserved start against a Cardiff side who's fans hate him with a passion.

We need to be looking to the future and Graham isn't part of that future. He's looked well and truly past it this season.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rothwell needs dropping, as does Gallagher and Bennett. Abandon the false nine crap and rest Holtby, who's been poor in a stupid position.

Walton
Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing
           Travis    Davenport
JRC           Buckley    Armstrong
                  Graham

Would be what I'd go for.

Most of Arma's goals come from that left hand side, Graham up top so we at least have some sort of resemblance of a real striker in the side, Buckley and JRC deserve game time as does Davenport.

Agree with much of the team and the sentiment behind it. But not sure it is correct that Armstrong gets most of his goals from the left hand side. He started coming in to his own when being played in a more central role.

I still have some misgivings about him as a striker to be honest, as good as his numerous goals have been from outside the box, I am not convinced that they are a sustainable source long term in that he needs to be far better one on one where he misses more often than he scores, he needs to add scrappy goals and tap ins to his game and he needs to be cleverer in terms of timing his runs to avoid offsides.

All that being said, you wouldnt like to play against him, he does offer a goal threat and he does have that pace, going forward if we can keep them, he should be the 9 and Dack the 10.

Not sure there is much point playing Graham from now on either. 

If Rankin Costello is more of a left sided midfielder, makes more sense to play him there. You could either take the attitude that Holtby will struggle to dislodge Dack, and maybe give him a couple of games from that right hand side with Nyambe overlapping, and play Buckley as a 10. Or play Holtby as a 10 and Chapman wide right.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

It’s behind closed doors 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

The fans wont be there! Whats that got to do with anything? If Graham is going in 5 games time, which I suspect should be the case then why bother. Its not even as if he will get a send off in front of our fans either.

• Like 1

As the run in is now, in essence, pre-season for the next campaign, I can't think of a single reason for not trying some new players / ideas out, particularly as the existing ideas have come up short so clearly.

Sticking with the players who have put us in this unpalatable position would, in my opinion, provide further grounds for the rapid removal of a manager fiddling whilst Rome burns.

giphy.gif Taxi for Mr Mowbray...

• Like 1

Season is over - get the kids on the pitch from the start. JRC, Buckley, Davenport and Chapman - heck even try out the two keepers, at least they are here next season.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

Bennett, Rothwell, Holtby and Gallagher out for JRC, Downing, Samuel and Graham... What did I say, same revolving door of players. Right players were dropped at least, sadly all bar JRC were the wrong ones to bring in!

• Like 2