Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
philipl

Cardiff away

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We have the same number of wins as last season. Now, we need a tie to equal last seasons wins & ties. That would not be progress, but I’m guessing it will be spun that way if/when it happens. 

Edited by WacoRover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardiff were woeful.. Think Derby will challenge for the last spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neophox said:

Cardiff were woeful.. Think Derby will challenge for the last spot. 

With West Brom, Brentford, Cardiff and Leeds left to play, Derby will have to play very well to make the top 6.

Sickening isn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that’s another part of my frustration there’s some bloody awful teams in this division that have occupied 6th. And we still can’t manage it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The thing is despite our hopes and dreams rovers are not ready for promotion  as it stands. If it happened this season then venkys would have had to splurge £120m plus just with a view to finishing outside of the bottom 3! Either that or they would recoup some of their losses sell the club and FO. Thus leaving us in the right royal shit. At least another season with more progression and promotion of some great kids along with experience to guide them gives them a better chance. Next season minimum goal should be the top 6 and more consistency on the pitch.

That's absolute nonsense.

There is never a bad time for a £170m cash injection. I wouldn't care if we got tanked every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan and Barnsley were both much better Cardiff. 
 

Bonkers league this

We are on to West Brom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will need 12p from last 4 games to have a chance of 6th place. Have a feeling Cardiff will now drop. Of course this won't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neophox said:

Cardiff were woeful.. Think Derby will challenge for the last spot. 

Derby away to WBA tomorrow, Cardiff away to Fulham on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hasta said:

With West Brom, Brentford, Cardiff and Leeds left to play, Derby will have to play very well to make the top 6.

Sickening isn't it.

Had we won at Barnsley and Wigan and not wasted it we would be in a great place with 65 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Typical Rovers under Mowbray.

Play yourselves out of contention then just pull out a result when it's too late to make the overall picture look half way respectable.

This sums up Rovers for me. It's strange but when the team is under pressure to perform they simply cannot do it. When there isn't any pressure they look a very good outfit. 

A few other correlating factors which I don't think are unrelated to today's win:

1) The pressure was off the team but the scrutiny was on TM. Funny how when the fans start getting restless the obvious belated team changes happen and the performances improve. 

2) Following on from number 1, it's no surprise we do better when Bennett and Gally aren't in the team. 

3) We were clear underdogs and Cardiff needed to come at us. These are games we relish far more than lower league scraps. Sure we get overawed and play too cautiously vs the big clubs in the division like Leeds, but any game where we aren't clear favourites and the opposition comes to us, seem to be the ones we relish. 

Great win. Shows what we are capable of. Questions need to be asked why we aren't doing it when it really counts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical Rovers under Mowbray. A series of abject performances when the playoffs were in reach, only to then go and get a good win when the pressure is off and the playoffs are long gone. It's exactly why under Mowbray we will be a mid table side who occasionally flirt with the playoffs without ever really threatening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Butty said:

Hahahahahaha cheers Merce! Get in there you bluesssssss 

Just got in from a meeting.

Shocked!

C'est la vie!

Reached for the cognac.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Derby away to WBA tomorrow, Cardiff away to Fulham on Friday.

Let's hope WBA win then and Fulham win on Friday to set up our game nicely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mercer said:

Just got in from a meeting.

Shocked!

C'est la vie!

Reached for the cognac.

 

How much money did you put on Cardiff win? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How much money did you put on Cardiff win? 

As you say, read my previous posts!

Mercer 1 - 1 Bookies.  All square in the last 10 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to do with the pressure being off, we won tonight because we played a proper front 3. Shame we had to all but play ourselves out of playoff contention with Gallagher, Brereton and a false 9 before Graham got a chance. And Samuel is far more effective than either of our two big money buys.
 

Very enjoyable and a great result... but really frustrating considering the opportunity our last three performances have blown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Butty said:

Hahahahahaha cheers Merce! Get in there you bluesssssss 

Ouch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure Samuel is any better, that performance very much the exception rather than the rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DE. said:

The usual win once the pressure is off. 34 year old DG still our best striker which is obviously worrying. We desperately need a new keeper this summer.

Please don't let Gallagher or Bennett start again for the rest of the season. Happy for Rothwell to sit out the remainder as well tbh. 

Give over, Graham isn't a patch on Armstrong.

He's still had it, he merely looks better because he's being compared to garbage like Gallagher, Samuel and, to date, Brereton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the hope that kills you. Teams above have all got very tough games. What are the odds in the last game of the season we break 6th Spot for the very first time! Time to wake up now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

This sums up Rovers for me. It's strange but when the team is under pressure to perform they simply cannot do it. When there isn't any pressure they look a very good outfit. 

A few other correlating factors which I don't think are unrelated to today's win:

1) The pressure was off the team but the scrutiny was on TM. Funny how when the fans start getting restless the obvious belated team changes happen and the performances improve. 

2) Following on from number 1, it's no surprise we do better when Bennett and Gally aren't in the team. 

3) We were clear underdogs and Cardiff needed to come at us. These are games we relish far more than lower league scraps. Sure we get overawed and play too cautiously vs the big clubs in the division like Leeds, but any game where we aren't clear favourites and the opposition comes to us, seem to be the ones we relish. 

Great win. Shows what we are capable of. Questions need to be asked why we aren't doing it when it really counts. 

This is why I think an independent director or DOF is needed at Ewood. To apply a little internal pressure when needed. Said the same under Bowyer the vacuum between here and India allows the comfort zone to become too comfortable.

Only when fans start getting twitchy and the press starts getting a little bit critical do we get a reaction.

If you genuinely want too 6 it shouldn't be like that. They should never ever lack motivation or be set up just to plod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

 

........for another Club.

Must have put a zero on his value with the stunning strikes in the last two games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.