BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Hawks

I noticed on Twitter that the Hawks have been taken over by 2 locals that have been given a 3 year licence to run the team.I am a lapsed Hawks fan,i havent been to a game for a long long time.I used to go to every home game back in the 90s and early 2000s but slowly stopped going as the quality of Hockey got worse and worse.With local people now in charge i think i might pop down to the Arena again this season whenever it restarts allowing for the inevitable social distancing that will most likely still be in effect.

The lack of a Blackburn Hawks thread seems to show not many have an interest in Ice Hockey on here but i think its the best sport to watch live,totally different than watching it on tv.

Anybody else on here been to a Hawks game or 2 over the years ?

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

I noticed on Twitter that the Hawks have been taken over by 2 locals that have been given a 3 year licence to run the team.I am a lapsed Hawks fan,i havent been to a game for a long long time.I used to go to every home game back in the 90s and early 2000s but slowly stopped going as the quality of Hockey got worse and worse.With local people now in charge i think i might pop down to the Arena again this season whenever it restarts allowing for the inevitable social distancing that will most likely still be in effect.

The lack of a Blackburn Hawks thread seems to show not many have an interest in Ice Hockey on here but i think its the best sport to watch live,totally different than watching it on tv.

Anybody else on here been to a Hawks game or 2 over the years ?

I used to know a Darren who was well into the Hawks when they first started....

I know nothing about ice hockey but I went a few times in the late 90s. Quite enjoyed it but just stopped going for some reason. Back then I seem to recall they were at a fairly decent standard (not exactly sure at what level). Also I think they had a Canadian player who was quite good either used to play at a higher level or went on to. 

I've been to the arena but not to any hockey games. Taken there when I was about 4 years old (probably because it had just opened) and a few more times in late 90's. Ice skating isn't a natural talent.

Read up on arena some time back. They don't seem to host much other than ice skating. There was a WWE event held in the 90's and another wrestling show was scheduled couple years back but promotion shut down. Also the band Status Quo also in the 90's played there.

Hawks don't play at the highest level of hockey now. In 95-96 they did. 1000 away supporters at Manchester Arena in 1995 for the first British top flight televised hockey clash on Sky. Looks like Blackburn arena packed against same opposition in 1996 too. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/6216650.manchester-storm-9---blackburn-hawks-12/

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/6210523.ice-hockey-blackburn-hawks-4-manchester-storm-17---bracknell-bees-4-blackburn-hawks-2/

Name was changed to Lancashire Hawks for one season in 97-98 when they were owned by Thenodrog. ?

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1