Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chaddyrovers

West Brom at home

Recommended Posts

Tough game. But I expect the same team.

What do people think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same team youd have to say.

Obviously we need 4 wins and results elsewhere so our chance is 1 in a million to sneak 6th and I dont think anyone realistically thinks it will happen.

Tough game though and I cant see past an away win sadly. West Brom are a quality side. I think Rankin Costello could have a long afternoon against one of a series of quality wingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect to see the same team.

impossible to predict the outcome, so I won’t even try. Eliminate errors, on the pitch & the touchline, improve finishing, It gives us a chance to win.

That is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have any expectation of the team selection or performance with Tony Tombola in charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you say highly unlikely, but Cardiff lose at Fulham tonight and it least sets it up a bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear abit of a hiding here. The right back perriera is quality and they break fast and catch you on the counter. You can pretty much guarantee Bennett starting after being left out the last game . Can see us having a lot Of  the possession Without actually troubling West Brom to much With ex dingle Austin scoring to rub salt in the wound. Long afternoon all round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I fear abit of a hiding here. The right back perriera is quality and they break fast and catch you on the counter. You can pretty much guarantee Bennett starting after being left out the last game . Can see us having a lot Of  the possession Without actually troubling West Brom to much With ex dingle Austin scoring to rub salt in the wound. Long afternoon all round

You mean right winger? 

West Brom are a good team. Their 3 behind Austin are quality. Also like Ajayi at the back. Want us to sign him

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You mean right winger? 

Yeah . He’s real quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah . He’s real quality

Agreed. Think they sign him permanently. One of the players of the season along with Klich, Watkins, Benrahma, Grabban 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only game in the last four where the opponents are clearly the better side. I rate them as better than Leeds and they swatted us away at Ewood.

Fully expect dreams of 6th to end tomorrow but if we put our best XI out in their correct positions, we might stand a chance of upsetting the Baggies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough game, play off hopes pretty much gone, superior team, fans with little hope of a win = tony playing a blinder and getting a 3-2 win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll win this furthering the agony of where these team selections and tactics were when they were really needed.

Rovers. 2.  Baggies. 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we played these pre lockdown Mowbray got out manoeuvred in the middle of the park... his tactics were awful and left the decence at the mercy of their attack. 

Let's hope that he's learnt from his mistakes. 

Graham has to start (how Mowbray hates that he is effective and the 2 donkeys he bought are not.) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside... do you think that he will get a contract off the club? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barry_ said:

As an aside... do you think that he will get a contract off the club? 

Who, which club ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

Funny how things change so quickly in football. After the Walsall away game two and a bit years ago, me and another Rovers fan were on the New Street to Liverpool train talking to a Baggies fan who was very down about his team’s fortunes and future. Relegation followed shortly thereafter, one year to consolidate then the next offers promotion. Probably in a much stronger position than they were when they were heading in the opposite direction. Just shows what can be done when you have a plan, albeit that plan was responsible for the sacking of former Rovers man John Williams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Funny how things change so quickly in football. After the Walsall away game two and a bit years ago, me and another Rovers fan were on the New Street to Liverpool train talking to a Baggies fan who was very down about his team’s fortunes and future. Relegation followed shortly thereafter, one year to consolidate then the next offers promotion. Probably in a much stronger position than they were when they were heading in the opposite direction. Just shows what can be done when you have a plan, albeit that plan was responsible for the sacking of former Rovers man John Williams.

Football goes in cycles. Imagine being told in 2006/7 at the peak of the Hughes reign, that by 2020 we'd have been out of the prem for nearly a decade, and the scum down the road were the shining beacon of how a small club can punch above their weight in the top division.

I just hope that it doesn't take another decade to get out of our current cycle and the for the clowns to become a distant memory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Funny how things change so quickly in football. After the Walsall away game two and a bit years ago, me and another Rovers fan were on the New Street to Liverpool train talking to a Baggies fan who was very down about his team’s fortunes and future. Relegation followed shortly thereafter, one year to consolidate then the next offers promotion. Probably in a much stronger position than they were when they were heading in the opposite direction. Just shows what can be done when you have a plan, albeit that plan was responsible for the sacking of former Rovers man John Williams.

West Brom appointed a top drawer manager, paid the necessary and let him get on with the job. It isn't rocket science. When we came down we mucked around with Kean, Berg and Appleton before Bowyer got the job by default.

If we'd have got a top manager in 2012 I'm confident we would have been back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Football goes in cycles. Imagine being told in 2006/7 at the peak of the Hughes reign, that by 2020 we'd have been out of the prem for nearly a decade, and the scum down the road were the shining beacon of how a small club can punch above their weight in the top division.

True. I’ve told a couple of Clarettes supporting mates, in all sincerity, to enjoy it whilst they can because as soon as the ginger haired, gravel voiced bast’ad departs, they’re on there way down like a runaway train. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They will, but with a state of the art training ground, a Cat 1 Academy and are generally a well run football club that doesn’t take risks, so primed not to fall away too far.

So what? You might say, many clubs like that, but just remember they were a club in serious strife with a complete ramshackle structure when they stumbled across Dyche. And it was a lucky choice as he’d not particularly pulled up any trees elsewhere.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

They will, but with a state of the art training ground, a Cat 1 Academy and are generally a well run football club that doesn’t take risks, so primed not to fall away too far.

So what? You might say, many clubs like that, but just remember they were a club in serious strife with a complete ramshackle structure when they stumbled across Dyche. And it was a lucky choice as he’d not particularly pulled up any trees elsewhere.

Dyche has made a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He has got the very best out of a bunch of average players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree Matt and rather begrudgingly have to admit that they’ve done rather well for themselves. Once we had sort of found our level as a mid table Premier League club, we were the benchmark in how to operate as a very well run club outside of the six or so really big clubs. Just goes to show how one or two mistakes at the wrong time can bring the whole shooting match tumbling down. Here’s hoping it happens to the Clarettes..and soon.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bilić shows what can happen when you get a top-drawer manager. Whenever Rovers make a change, imitate our own history. When Rovers had success, no pussyfooting around, it was because of strong managers (Dalglish, Souness, Hughes). 

Edited by WacoRover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Bilić shows what can happen when you get a top-drawer manager. Whenever Rovers make a change, imitate our own history. When Rovers had success, no pussyfooting around, it was because of strong managers (Dalglish, Souness, Hughes). 

The Venky diet is no top managers and no experienced keepers or defenders.

On we trundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Venky diet is no top managers and no experienced keepers or defenders.

On we trundle.

And certainly no strong personalities as gaffer, like Souness or Hughes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.