BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom at home

Same team youd have to say.

Obviously we need 4 wins and results elsewhere so our chance is 1 in a million to sneak 6th and I dont think anyone realistically thinks it will happen.

Tough game though and I cant see past an away win sadly. West Brom are a quality side. I think Rankin Costello could have a long afternoon against one of a series of quality wingers.

I fear abit of a hiding here. The right back perriera is quality and they break fast and catch you on the counter. You can pretty much guarantee Bennett starting after being left out the last game . Can see us having a lot Of  the possession Without actually troubling West Brom to much With ex dingle Austin scoring to rub salt in the wound. Long afternoon all round

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I fear abit of a hiding here. The right back perriera is quality and they break fast and catch you on the counter. You can pretty much guarantee Bennett starting after being left out the last game . Can see us having a lot Of  the possession Without actually troubling West Brom to much With ex dingle Austin scoring to rub salt in the wound. Long afternoon all round

You mean right winger? 

West Brom are a good team. Their 3 behind Austin are quality. Also like Ajayi at the back. Want us to sign him

Edited by chaddyrovers

The only game in the last four where the opponents are clearly the better side. I rate them as better than Leeds and they swatted us away at Ewood.

Fully expect dreams of 6th to end tomorrow but if we put our best XI out in their correct positions, we might stand a chance of upsetting the Baggies.

When we played these pre lockdown Mowbray got out manoeuvred in the middle of the park... his tactics were awful and left the decence at the mercy of their attack. 

Let's hope that he's learnt from his mistakes. 

Graham has to start (how Mowbray hates that he is effective and the 2 donkeys he bought are not.) 

• Like 2

Funny how things change so quickly in football. After the Walsall away game two and a bit years ago, me and another Rovers fan were on the New Street to Liverpool train talking to a Baggies fan who was very down about his team’s fortunes and future. Relegation followed shortly thereafter, one year to consolidate then the next offers promotion. Probably in a much stronger position than they were when they were heading in the opposite direction. Just shows what can be done when you have a plan, albeit that plan was responsible for the sacking of former Rovers man John Williams.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Funny how things change so quickly in football. After the Walsall away game two and a bit years ago, me and another Rovers fan were on the New Street to Liverpool train talking to a Baggies fan who was very down about his team’s fortunes and future. Relegation followed shortly thereafter, one year to consolidate then the next offers promotion. Probably in a much stronger position than they were when they were heading in the opposite direction. Just shows what can be done when you have a plan, albeit that plan was responsible for the sacking of former Rovers man John Williams.

Football goes in cycles. Imagine being told in 2006/7 at the peak of the Hughes reign, that by 2020 we'd have been out of the prem for nearly a decade, and the scum down the road were the shining beacon of how a small club can punch above their weight in the top division.

I just hope that it doesn't take another decade to get out of our current cycle and the for the clowns to become a distant memory. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

West Brom appointed a top drawer manager, paid the necessary and let him get on with the job. It isn't rocket science. When we came down we mucked around with Kean, Berg and Appleton before Bowyer got the job by default.

If we'd have got a top manager in 2012 I'm confident we would have been back up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Football goes in cycles. Imagine being told in 2006/7 at the peak of the Hughes reign, that by 2020 we'd have been out of the prem for nearly a decade, and the scum down the road were the shining beacon of how a small club can punch above their weight in the top division.

True. I’ve told a couple of Clarettes supporting mates, in all sincerity, to enjoy it whilst they can because as soon as the ginger haired, gravel voiced bast’ad departs, they’re on there way down like a runaway train. ?

• Like 2

They will, but with a state of the art training ground, a Cat 1 Academy and are generally a well run football club that doesn’t take risks, so primed not to fall away too far.

So what? You might say, many clubs like that, but just remember they were a club in serious strife with a complete ramshackle structure when they stumbled across Dyche. And it was a lucky choice as he’d not particularly pulled up any trees elsewhere.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

They will, but with a state of the art training ground, a Cat 1 Academy and are generally a well run football club that doesn’t take risks, so primed not to fall away too far.

So what? You might say, many clubs like that, but just remember they were a club in serious strife with a complete ramshackle structure when they stumbled across Dyche. And it was a lucky choice as he’d not particularly pulled up any trees elsewhere.

Dyche has made a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He has got the very best out of a bunch of average players

I agree Matt and rather begrudgingly have to admit that they’ve done rather well for themselves. Once we had sort of found our level as a mid table Premier League club, we were the benchmark in how to operate as a very well run club outside of the six or so really big clubs. Just goes to show how one or two mistakes at the wrong time can bring the whole shooting match tumbling down. Here’s hoping it happens to the Clarettes..and soon.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot
  • Like 2

Bilić shows what can happen when you get a top-drawer manager. Whenever Rovers make a change, imitate our own history. When Rovers had success, no pussyfooting around, it was because of strong managers (Dalglish, Souness, Hughes). 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Bilić shows what can happen when you get a top-drawer manager. Whenever Rovers make a change, imitate our own history. When Rovers had success, no pussyfooting around, it was because of strong managers (Dalglish, Souness, Hughes). 

The Venky diet is no top managers and no experienced keepers or defenders.

On we trundle.

• Like 4