BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom at home

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And certainly no strong personalities as gaffer, like Souness or Hughes.

When was the last time we had anyone who bore their teeth ?

Either in the dugout or not n the pitch.

We could’ve been going into this very tough fixture with a real incentive - a good chance of a playoff spot. Sadly the debacles against Wigan and Barnsley have left us needing a miracle.

No real expectations, but I’ll be furious if there are any unenforced changes to the starting 11 from midweek. Thank God Brereton is still banned. Hopefully Mowbray doesn’t pick Gallagher’s number out of the tombola drum.

I predict a Walton howler and Bennett to be the first substitute to come on.

Just now, Miller11 said:

We could’ve been going into this very tough fixture with a real incentive - a good chance of a playoff spot. Sadly the debacles against Wigan and Barnsley have left us needing a miracle.

No real expectations, but I’ll be furious if there are any unenforced changes to the starting 11 from midweek. Thank God Brereton is still banned. Hopefully Mowbray doesn’t pick Gallagher’s number out of the tombola drum.

I predict our best performance of the season, with a Rovers win 2-0

• Like 4

I don't think we will win. But given that Cardiff are currently behind against Fulham and Swansea face Leeds tomorrow a win could very well see us 2 points off the playoffs again. Crazy considering we've done all we could to throw it all away recently. There is a real incentive there 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Do you really think he won't start Bennett?

Just now, bluebruce said:

Do you really think he won't start Bennett?

More hopeful than confident!

If there are any changes to the starting 11 I’m sure he will be in! I’m hopeful it will be the same lot that started against Cardiff though.

19 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't think we will win. But given that Cardiff are currently behind against Fulham and Swansea face Leeds tomorrow a win could very well see us 2 points off the playoffs again. Crazy considering we've done all we could to throw it all away recently. There is a real incentive there 

.......which usually means a no show, when there is something riding on the game. Time to buck the trend.

There's just a little bit more incentive creeping into this one after tonight's result.

If we can pick up tomorrow where we left off on Tuesday night then we've every chance of turning W Brom over. They're a good side at this level but are far from infallible, and have had some very dodgy results & performances this season.

So they can certainly be got at; what we need to make sure we do is start with a good tempo, press & dominate them early on, suppress their passing game, avoid stupid mistakes & make sure we take the 2 or 3 good chances that will inevitably come our way.

Sounds easy, I know...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

So they can certainly be got at; what we need to make sure we do is start with a good tempo, press & dominate them early on, suppress their passing game, avoid stupid mistakes & make sure we take the 2 or 3 good chances that will inevitably come our way.

Uh oh...

• Like 1

?
53 minutes ago, philipl said:

Come 2 pm, hope will have been rekindled elsewhere.

Come 3 pm, there will be collective head scratching about the team selection.

Come 5pm, the debate will be whether we prefer Wycombe or Oxford.  

I think I know how it will pan out so my vote is for Wycombe based on the length of Ainworths hair. It reminds me of me in the 70s.

COYB :rover:

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Come 2 pm, hope will have been rekindled elsewhere.

Come 3 pm, there will be collective head scratching about the team selection.

Come 5pm, the debate will be whether we prefer Wycombe or Oxford.  

Wycombe, I’ve never been to their ground.

• Like 1

Surprised how many people still have outside hopes of the top 6.

I think there's perhaps a little bit less pressure because its so unlikely, so may work in our favour.

There's certainly gonna be some goals.

Its quite simple for me, keep the same team as last time out and we can certainly beat them, piss about and play Bennett, who if he does play sounds like he isn't properly fit anyway, and I can see a tonking. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'm telling myself it's possible to make the games more interesting for myself

Anything is possible to an extent, I'm not knocking it - just surprises me especially on here that so many still believe.

Huge day all around the championship, easily one of the best leagues in Europe for me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think the Portsmouth lad Ronan will sign for us who Mowbray has been chasing a long time. 

He signed a new deal not long after our interest.Something you have heard or just your own opinion?

I'd rather the polish winger that was linked