BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom at home

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its not a great result in the circumstances sadly.

Course it is. Second best side in the division. The "circumstances" are due to losing to Wigan and Barnsley, which are of course Poor results. 

30 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Bit off topic I know but did anyone have issues with I follow again? 

Don't know if it was just me but the picture was really poor and juddery nearly all game. 

Mine was fine but it cut off at 15 minutes. I had to shut down and go into the rovers web site again, log on and got it back.

If this and the Leeds game are examples of ifollow I wouldn't pay for it.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Raging at holtby for that stupid back heel attempt, going to just put it in the net you flash dan 

He did have his back to goal though. Shame it wasn't Graham but in the end I'm not disappointed with a draw against the best team in Championship.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Course it is. Second best side in the division. The "circumstances" are due to losing to Wigan and Barnsley, which are of course Poor results. 

But ultimately the point is almost worthless as it isnt enough to prolong any realistic play off hopes. Thus not a great result.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Wigan and Barnsley were poor results, however, you shouldn't look back in isolation at games where it didn't go to plan - all teams could do that and the net result would very likely be the status quo in terms of league position.

After 43 games, teams are generally where they deserve to be and, IMO, 12th place is both underwhelming and underperforming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's my opinion that this team under Mowbray has made progress under him.

How can anyone still defend Mowbray when he has missed his own minimum target of 70 points. If he was as honourable as he likes to make out he is then he would resign after failing to meet his own minimum target.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Holthys condioning is poor, he was knackered and when your head goes you make shit decisions.   Unfit

If social media is anything to go by Holtby seems more committed to his fitness and conditioning than most. Mowbray did say his fitness levels were high even when we first signed him.

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How can anyone still defend Mowbray when he has missed his own minimum target of 70 points. If he was as honourable as he likes to make out he is then he would resign after failing to meet his own minimum target.

Quite easily all things considered.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Said all along that Gallagher is an old school forward or at least has some attributes for it. 442 with a decent striker and let him do the graft like Newell did for Speedie then Shearer.  Ideal for that you don't have to be the best technician in the world just graft.

Pray 442 comes back in fashion soon although god knows what TMs interpretation of it would be.

He's been playing 442 for the past few games, it just so happens that the '2' are played as wingers/wide forwards.

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

15th to 12th is “progress”

“wHo wOuLd rEpLaCe hIm?”

There you go. Saved a few posters the trouble.

• Like 2

First off I thought they had a lot of players substantially better than ours, but for Walton making half a dozen good saves they’d have been out of sight. Fair do’s to Mowbray for taking Nyambe off, he offered nothing going forward and was getting skinned by their winger - at least Bennett played forward balls, contributing to our goal.

Disappointed Davenport missed but he’d just sprinted 60 yards and put a hard shot on target, it’s not like he scuffed it or didn’t control it like our forwards are prone to do. I was impressed with him - looking forward to him and Savage Mk II being the centre mids next season. Holtby should’ve buried both his chances but made two bad decisions. 

Good point against the best team in the division, shame it wasn’t 3.

• Like 1

If (and I know it’s a big if, but...) if we win our next two, and other results go with form, then we could go into the final game of the season just 1 point off sixth - which I would probably have taken before the season started 

23 minutes ago, savage90 said:

If social media is anything to go by Holtby seems more committed to his fitness and conditioning than most. Mowbray did say his fitness levels were high even when we first signed him.

It was like he decided he couldn't turn and shoot quick enough,  even though he did have a bit of space 

The most important thing about today I think is the result - along with Cardiff - have cemented Mowbray in the job. We lost three on the spin before cardiff and if we had gone on to lose the last two games as well Mowbray could have been potted.

However 2 good results and there is no doubt he will be here for next season.

So question is how do we kick on? We've got to find 5 quality first team players minimum. Principally a goal keeper, a centre back, a left back, a left winger, a striker who actually scores goals. We need to sell Brereton and figure out what to do with Gallagher.

We also need to balance the squad out with much better cover. We have 4 number 10s (Dack, Holtby, Rothwell, Buckley) and 5 holding players (Travis, Evans, Johnson, Davenport, Smallwood) in the squad but only 3 centrebacks (2 if you exclude Tosin on loan) and one left and one right back. Which is absolutely crackers. We can't go into next season with wingers playing at full back and strikers on the wing.

Big big decisions required.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bazza said:

WBA are the best team to visit Ewood this season. Better than Leeds and Brentford.

They are going up, no problem. 

I thought Leeds looked better. Pereira is probably the best player to play at Ewood this season though. He's definitely a premier league player. Just a shame that he dived a couple of times to try and win a pen. 

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

He's been playing 442 for the past few games, it just so happens that the '2' are played as wingers/wide forwards.

His eggs must be like rubber every morning. Never seen a gaffer overcook things so often.

• Like 6