BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom at home

2 hours ago, Amo said:

15th to 12th is “progress”

“wHo wOuLd rEpLaCe hIm?”

There you go. Saved a few posters the trouble.

Yes, you're right. Instead we should sack our most stable, successful manage since Big Sam because of course "wE'eL eAsiLy fInD sOmEoNe BeTTeR".

Hm, I seem to remember a parallel roughly 10 years ago, when similar posters were calling for Sam's head. How did that turn out?

Edited by Tugay-is-God
  • Like 6

Mad second half. Could’ve won it.

WBA are a great side for this level and although we rode our luck at times, savvy changes and no little grit meant we were worth the point.

Literally anyone else in the midfield/forward positions other than Davenport has that chance then we are talking about a masterclass smash and grab. Feel for the lad tbh.

Feel at odds to a lot on here that can’t see how improved we are, and how we are close to being a very good side.

Gallagher had a good impact off the bench, and Rothwell is doing that thing he did last year where I thought we had a secret weapon that on his day could be one of the best players in the league. Stop frustrating us Joe! 

Travis yet again makes me want to be female so I can bear his children, Downing looked weary and off it a bit, and I hope it wasn’t tactical to take RyNy off for Bennett because once again he was frighteningly dogger at RB.

Good result, entertaining game.

Have a good night chaps!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Yes, you're right. Instead we should sack our most stable, successful manage since Big Sam because of course "wE'eL eAsiLy fInD sOmEoNe BeTTeR".

Hm, I seem to remember a parallel roughly 10 years ago, when similar posters were calling for Sam's head. How did that turn out?

Saying he’s the most successful manager since Big Sam is like saying he’s the tallest midget in the room.

I seem to remember a parallel roughly five years ago, when similar posters wanted to stick with a “stable” manager. How did that turn out?

Edited by Amo
  • Like 4

Just now, Amo said:

Saying he’s the most successful manager since Big Sam is like saying he’s the tallest midget in the room.

I seem to remember a parallel roughly five years ago, when similar posters wanted to stick with a “stable” manager. How did that turn out?

We ended up with Owen Coyle

• Like 2

Just now, Amo said:

After Mr Stability blew our best shot of promotion and we had to sell off our playing assets. 

So, if we don’t get promoted we should just he resigned to employing a tosser that gets us relegated?

I’m not really understanding the argument.

I’d rather have kept Bowyer than get relegated by a dingle.

”Some of you wanted to keep Bowyer, look how THAT turned out!” 

?

Exactly.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

I certainly wouldn't call them savvy changes it was just a shit or bust roll of the dice and to be fair it worked by knocking WBA out of their stride and we pinched the goal.

Bold move yes tactical masterstroke no.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I certainly wouldn't call them savvy changes it was just a shit or bust roll of the dice and to be fair it worked by knocking WBA out of their stride and we pinched the goal.

Bold move yes tactical masterstroke no.

If they’d gone tits up would it be unlucky or would it be a mistake?

Cant believe after the improved season we’ve had that some of you are still adamant that we say “hit me” on 17.

Why is everything so binary? Mowbray in or out?

Get some balance lads. 

Sometimes we are shite. Sometimes we aren’t. 

It’s the Championship.

After the last few years it’s batshit that some of you still don’t want to “stick”. 

PS Mowbray would’ve had that Bowyer team promoted as champions.

And you know it.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 6

Mowbray would have had GBs team midtable and vice versa and you damn well know it.

Also i think you'll find most posters and rovers fans in the grey area as regards Mowbray.  Change needed but change for the better not for the sake of it, therefore just carry on and hope one day all the dice fall in his favour.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

So, if we don’t get promoted we should just he resigned to employing a tosser that gets us relegated?

I’m not really understanding the argument.

I’d rather have kept Bowyer than get relegated by a dingle.

”Some of you wanted to keep Bowyer, look how THAT turned out!” 

?

Exactly.

I think you know exactly what my point is.

We stuck with Bowyer too long. Everyone kept harping on about stability etc. but ultimately it got us nowhere other than League One. 

Just like Bowyer, the fans have given Mowbray diplomatic immunity because they’re afraid of the alternative. Even though Mowbray was hired by Venky’s in the first place.

• Like 3

Just now, Amo said:

I think you know exactly what my point is.

We stuck with Bowyer too long. Everyone kept harping on about stability etc. but ultimately it got us nowhere other than League One. 

Just like Bowyer, the fans have given Mowbray diplomatic immunity because they’re afraid of the alternative. Even though Mowbray was hired by Venky’s in the first place.

Bowyer had us on a downward trajectory. 

There’s a massive difference.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, tomphil said:

Mowbray would have had GBs team midtable and vice versa and you damn well know it.

Also i think you'll find most posters and rovers fans in the grey area as regards Mowbray.  Change needed but change for the better not for the sake of it, therefore just carry on and hope one day all the dice fall in his favour.

Completely disagree. Think the thing is he probably wouldn’t have been able to build that team in the first place, but can marry Bowyer’s team spirit with actually being a capable coach/manager.

”Change needed” is debatable. 

Bradley Dack beats Barnsley and Wigan on his own.

Next year is our year, and unless we start taking big steps backwards changing the manager is ridiculous internet talk instant gratification lunacy.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Completely disagree. Think the thing is he probably wouldn’t have been able to build that team in the first place, but can marry Bowyer’s team spirit with actually being a capable coach/manager.

”Change needed” is debatable. 

Bradley Dack beats Barnsley and Wigan on his own.

Next year is our year, and unless we start taking big steps backwards changing the manager is ridiculous internet talk instant gratification lunacy.

Nonsense, you've been on the juice pal. Next season will be more of the same but if as is feared there;s a drastic budget cut or sales we are really up against it.

You'll be on here by October saying give him the next 3 then till Christmas then the window etc etc ?

Thought we gave a good performance today. Pretty even 1st half really, all that separated the teams was a couple of decent Walton saves & a dodgy goal, though we were a bit toothless ourselves. Second half it looked like we could get steamrollered, but after a dodgy 10-15 mins the subs changed the game & from then we should've won.

So it feels like a defeat, not just due to the missed chances but the missed opportunities v Wigan & especially Barnsley. 

There's been a lot said about TM not wanting promotion a d / or not caring, but there's been plenty of evidence these last 2 games that's not the case (not that it should be needed).

There is clear progress from last season to this. We're a better footballing side, more fluent, less reliant on one individual. There's work to do, but it's reasonable to think we can get another 5 or 6 points from the last 3 games. If we do, that's a 10% improvement on last season, and that's without Dack for half of it. Same level of improvement again next season & were into the 70s.

Yes theres work to do, holes to fill & a bit of balance to find. But I recall at the start of this season many predicting a relegation scrap and we've never been anywhere near it. A few tweaks here & there, reduce individual errors & improve our points tally from winning positions by 20% and well be thereabouts next season.

This season was not playoffs or bust for Rovers. TM should be allowed further time to mould the squad, hopefully we keep our main men Lenihan, Travis, Arma & Dack.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Nonsense, you've been on the juice pal. Next season will be more of the same but if as is feared there;s a drastic budget cut or sales we are really up against it.

You'll be on here by October saying give him the next 3 then till Christmas then the window etc etc ?

Well we’ll have to see about that.

Unlike seemingly everyone I really am able to change my opinion on available evidence.

Thought TM was a goner this time last year when we lost a billion games on the bounce, for example.

But this season, for me, we’ve been better in every department.

Of course there’s things I disagree with the managers decisions/recruitment/selections but that’s football innit.

Thought it was a good game today and I reckon I’m not alone in wanting to find a place to have a balanced discussion about who played well, about what happened in the game, what I think about a certain player, decision etc.

It’s just constant “Mowbray X,Y,Z is shit” on here.

-edit-

Bit razor tongued

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 9