BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom at home

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I had a drink on my birthday, March 14th. Then the virus started to lock everything down. Since then I've not touched a drop. I can't say I've missed it. It might be different the next time I go in a pub. It does wonders for your bank balance.

? I went 8 weeks of lockdown not drinking, Rovers come back on and I'm drinking like a fish.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I had a drink on my birthday, March 14th. Then the virus started to lock everything down. Since then I've not touched a drop. I can't say I've missed it. It might be different the next time I go in a pub. It does wonders for your bank balance.

My BD is March 7; my granny was March 14! Still an important day to me.

It takes me three weeks to finish a six-pack. Some of that is being 58, some of that is it’s just not as enjoyable as it once was. 

But, during the pandemic I’ve had a chance to try lots of different beers- local-made, IPA, Mexican (Dos Equis, Modelo) bocks, lagers, etc. I still like Shiner, and Ziegen, both are Texas bocks. Strangely enough, I keep going back to Pabst. Good, solid American beer, cheaper than most. It comes in pints, too! 

Just now, WacoRover said:

It takes me three weeks to finish a six-pack. Some of that is being 58, some of that is it’s just not as enjoyable as it once was. 

But, during the pandemic I’ve had a chance to try lots of different beers- local-made, IPA, Mexican (Dos Equis, Modelo) bocks, lagers, etc. I still like Shiner, and Ziegen, both are Texas bocks. Strangely enough, I keep going back to Pabst. Good, solid American beer, cheaper than most. It comes in pints, too! 

All piss-water 

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

All piss-water 

I tend to agree with you. 

Our oldest son-in-law makes a Guinness Stout that is very enjoyable, at about twice the alcohol percentage, I have to watch out. Most Americans equate it to drinking molasses!

when we were in Reading in September for Rovers vs Reading game, I had a pint of Proper Job IPA at Sweeney & Todd’s. It was fairly enjoyable. 

Edited by WacoRover

Decent performance against strong opposition. Fair result, but a shame we couldn’t nick it.

More of the same over the next three games please. Suppose all we can do now is win all three and keep our fingers crossed for a miracle. If we’d have performed anything like that against Barnsley and Wigan we’d be right in contention. That’s the frustration.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Don’t drink and BRFCS pal, it’s not worth it!

(Same advice goes to anyone, to be fair, not just you).

What? I'd never post again.?

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

? I went 8 weeks of lockdown not drinking, Rovers come back on and I'm drinking like a fish.

See...........Mowbray has a lot to answer for.  Shame on him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I am just enjoying my last can of the limited edition of Brewdog Barnard castle eyesight cloudy.  Admittedly I bought it for its name and the fact all profits where sent to the NHS but it is an extremely decent beer.

If you think I am joking check out Brewdog web site.

8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Although I’m nowhere near as bad as I once was (I swore after Selhurst Park 1989 I would never let football affect me that badly again!) I am still a grumpy old sod for a couple of hours after a defeat. 

Bloody football, eh?

Me too...

• Like 1

Just watching highlights from yesterday, why is rothwell so good off the bench? He was class, but when he starts games hes shite

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

Although I’m nowhere near as bad as I once was (I swore after Selhurst Park 1989 I would never let football affect me that badly again!) I am still a grumpy old sod for a couple of hours after a defeat. 

Bloody football, eh?

as iv`e got older the defeats hurt less,though i was absolutely fuming when pne beat us this season,after the palace debacle no defeat could ever be worse,if we got relegated 4 years in a row,it still would`nt come close to how i felt that day,it kind of expunged my emotion?☺️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Honestly absolutely gutted Davenport, he seems like a top lad and a good footballer- You can see how much it meant to him when he missed that chance. Hopefully he keeps going and gets there. 

It was nice to see one of the midfielders breaking his neck to get beyond the strikers to be honest, it's something we very rarely see. I bet Mowbray was having a fit on the bench.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

It was nice to see one of the midfielders breaking his neck to get beyond the strikers to be honest, it's something we very rarely see. I bet Mowbray was having a fit on the bench.

I will not hold the miss against him, he got in the position. At the moment effort is all I ask for. With effort and an improved defense, this squad could be successful. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

Have to say the number of times young players have had presentable chances and fluffed them this season means we are not sending teams out with a winning mentality.

A lack of self confidence which was highlighted with the farting about with the second missed chance.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Got to believe in yourself to make your own luck.

Even Bournemouth did last night until the kid at the end fluffed his chances to make it 6.

There is a phrase 'the harder you work, the luckier you get'. 

Been attributed to many over the years with slightly different variants.  Think it can be traced back to Benjamin Franklin well over two centuries ago!

The core message is spot on.

10 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I bet Mowbray was having a fit on the bench.

There was shot of Mowbray leaning over the tunnel wall in frustration after that chance. It hurt him, just as it hurt us.

To be fair to Davenport, whilst it wasn't the best of finishes it was also good goalkeeping. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Speedie and Simon Garner

I'd definitely say those two had finesse especially Garner but yeah they had persistence as well.  Number of goals they got through just hustling, hassling or taking a gamble.

That's another lost art.

• Like 1