Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chaddyrovers

West Brom at home

Recommended Posts

Mowbray will always go around in these cycles though, horrible winless runs followed by an ok run with the odd really good run thrown in there.

In the end it all mounts to W1, L1, D1.

More or less where we have been at this level since 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Stop bullying me you 😢

Don’t drink and BRFCS pal, it’s not worth it!

(Same advice goes to anyone, to be fair, not just you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Don’t drink and BRFCS pal, it’s not worth it!

(Same advice goes to anyone, to be fair, not just you).

It’s hard not to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

" Enjoying seeing Rovers getting beat " ?  I don't think  my wife would see it quite like that on a Saturday night, or the cat. It takes me whilst Monday morning to start smiling again.

Although I’m nowhere near as bad as I once was (I swore after Selhurst Park 1989 I would never let football affect me that badly again!) I am still a grumpy old sod for a couple of hours after a defeat. 
 

Bloody football, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rigger said:

It’s hard not to.

I had a drink on my birthday, March 14th. Then the virus started to lock everything down. Since then I've not touched a drop. I can't say I've missed it. It might be different the next time I go in a pub. It does wonders for your bank balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I had a drink on my birthday, March 14th. Then the virus started to lock everything down. Since then I've not touched a drop. I can't say I've missed it. It might be different the next time I go in a pub. It does wonders for your bank balance.

😂 I went 8 weeks of lockdown not drinking, Rovers come back on and I'm drinking like a fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I had a drink on my birthday, March 14th. Then the virus started to lock everything down. Since then I've not touched a drop. I can't say I've missed it. It might be different the next time I go in a pub. It does wonders for your bank balance.

My BD is March 7; my granny was March 14! Still an important day to me.

It takes me three weeks to finish a six-pack. Some of that is being 58, some of that is it’s just not as enjoyable as it once was. 

But, during the pandemic I’ve had a chance to try lots of different beers- local-made, IPA, Mexican (Dos Equis, Modelo) bocks, lagers, etc. I still like Shiner, and Ziegen, both are Texas bocks. Strangely enough, I keep going back to Pabst. Good, solid American beer, cheaper than most. It comes in pints, too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WacoRover said:

My BD is March 7; my granny was March 14! Still an important day to me.

It takes me three weeks to finish a six-pack. Some of that is being 58, some of that is it’s just not as enjoyable as it once was. 

But, during the pandemic I’ve had a chance to try lots of different beers- local-made, IPA, Mexican (Dos Equis, Modelo) bocks, lagers, etc. I still like Shiner, and Ziegen, both are Texas bocks. Strangely enough, I keep going back to Pabst. Good, solid American beer, cheaper than most. It comes in pints, too! 

All piss-water 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, rigger said:

All piss-water 

I tend to agree with you. 

Our oldest son-in-law makes a Guinness Stout that is very enjoyable, at about twice the alcohol percentage, I have to watch out. Most Americans equate it to drinking molasses!

when we were in Reading in September for Rovers vs Reading game, I had a pint of Proper Job IPA at Sweeney & Todd’s. It was fairly enjoyable. 

Edited by WacoRover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent performance against strong opposition. Fair result, but a shame we couldn’t nick it.

More of the same over the next three games please. Suppose all we can do now is win all three and keep our fingers crossed for a miracle. If we’d have performed anything like that against Barnsley and Wigan we’d be right in contention. That’s the frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Don’t drink and BRFCS pal, it’s not worth it!

(Same advice goes to anyone, to be fair, not just you).

What? I'd never post again.🤪

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

😂 I went 8 weeks of lockdown not drinking, Rovers come back on and I'm drinking like a fish.

See...........Mowbray has a lot to answer for.  Shame on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

My BD is March 7; my granny was March 14! Still an important day to me.

It takes me three weeks to finish a six-pack. Some of that is being 58, some of that is it’s just not as enjoyable as it once was. 

But, during the pandemic I’ve had a chance to try lots of different beers- local-made, IPA, Mexican (Dos Equis, Modelo) bocks, lagers, etc. I still like Shiner, and Ziegen, both are Texas bocks. Strangely enough, I keep going back to Pabst. Good, solid American beer, cheaper than most. It comes in pints, too! 

I am just enjoying my last can of the limited edition of Brewdog Barnard castle eyesight cloudy.  Admittedly I bought it for its name and the fact all profits where sent to the NHS but it is an extremely decent beer.

If you think I am joking check out Brewdog web site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Although I’m nowhere near as bad as I once was (I swore after Selhurst Park 1989 I would never let football affect me that badly again!) I am still a grumpy old sod for a couple of hours after a defeat. 
 

Bloody football, eh?

Me too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just watching highlights from yesterday, why is rothwell so good off the bench? He was class, but when he starts games hes shite

Edited by AAK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I’m nowhere near as bad as I once was (I swore after Selhurst Park 1989 I would never let football affect me that badly again!) I am still a grumpy old sod for a couple of hours after a defeat. 
 

Bloody football, eh?

as iv`e got older the defeats hurt less,though i was absolutely fuming when pne beat us this season,after the palace debacle no defeat could ever be worse,if we got relegated 4 years in a row,it still would`nt come close to how i felt that day,it kind of expunged my emotion😡☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

How good was that Brazillian lad ?

Pure natural talent.

Best player in the Championship surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly absolutely gutted Davenport, he seems like a top lad and a good footballer- You can see how much it meant to him when he missed that chance. Hopefully he keeps going and gets there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Honestly absolutely gutted Davenport, he seems like a top lad and a good footballer- You can see how much it meant to him when he missed that chance. Hopefully he keeps going and gets there. 

It was nice to see one of the midfielders breaking his neck to get beyond the strikers to be honest, it's something we very rarely see. I bet Mowbray was having a fit on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

It was nice to see one of the midfielders breaking his neck to get beyond the strikers to be honest, it's something we very rarely see. I bet Mowbray was having a fit on the bench.

I will not hold the miss against him, he got in the position. At the moment effort is all I ask for. With effort and an improved defense, this squad could be successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say the number of times young players have had presentable chances and fluffed them this season means we are not sending teams out with a winning mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, philipl said:

Have to say the number of times young players have had presentable chances and fluffed them this season means we are not sending teams out with a winning mentality.

A lack of self confidence which was highlighted with the farting about with the second missed chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to believe in yourself to make your own luck.

Even Bournemouth did last night until the kid at the end fluffed his chances to make it 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, philipl said:

Got to believe in yourself to make your own luck.

Even Bournemouth did last night until the kid at the end fluffed his chances to make it 6.

There is a phrase 'the harder you work, the luckier you get'. 

Been attributed to many over the years with slightly different variants.  Think it can be traced back to Benjamin Franklin well over two centuries ago!

The core message is spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.