BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Definitely not to expect the same start as against WBA.

Graham will be on the bench along with Brereton so Gallagher with Armstrong will start. Samuel's finding form but not strong enough for Millwall. Davenport's a must start as the lad has/wants to show what he can do before season ends.

2 3 (Armstrong, Davenport & Brereton)

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Crappleton football is the worst iv'e seen in the last 10 years i don't care what anyone says.  I understood what he was trying to do but it was all wrong for the personnel we had.

Millwall  2    Rovers  2

Edited by tomphil

Think 'tombola' Tony is going to be at it again:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18579455.mowbray-hints-changes-ahead-rovers-trip-millwall/

These are young professional athletes and if they can't manage two games a week then I think it's a p1ss poor effort.

Leading tennis players will spend up to 20 hours s week on court in a highly competitive, physical and mental sport.  Tony seems to think 180 minutes a week is a bit much for some of our lads.

You play your most effective team - when you are winning, you don't feel the fatigue, the strains, the soreness etc.

Millwall to win by at least two clear goals as, sadly, I think tombola Tone will strike again.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18579455.mowbray-hints-changes-ahead-rovers-trip-millwall/

These are young professional athletes and if they can't manage two games a week then I think it's a p1ss poor effort.

Leading tennis players will spend up to 20 hours s week on court in a highly competitive, physical and mental sport.  Tony seems to think 180 minutes a week is a bit much for some of our lads.

You play your most effective team - when you are winning, you don't feel the fatigue, the strains, the soreness etc.

Millwall to win by at least two clear goals as, sadly, I think tombola Tone will strike again.

Mowbray back to telling us what a difficult job he has.

The LONG trip to London. What a dilemma. FFS buffoon.

Meanwhile, at Wycombe, Ainsworth achieved promotion. First time ever to the Championship. Lots of folks thought it could never be done. Kudos to him. 

Going back to Millwall/Rovers, for some reason, I expect an avalanche of goals. Last team with the ball wins. Rovers, 4; Lions, 3. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The thing is all teams are picking up additional injuries. The increased demand on the back of the big break IS statistically a problem for all and rotating at times can 

Also, tactically Rothwell scored so should push for a start. Holtby also is pushing for one. Graham and Samuel were ineffective at the weekend. Davenport and Gallagher might fancy a start after Saturday too. Its not just being soft.

• Like 4

Three games from the end of the season and Millwall are a point ahead of us.

Which of their squad would we take ahead of our squad on ability?

We'd take their boss for his ability consistently to get more from the players he has available than our's does.

44 minutes ago, philipl said:

We'd take their boss for his ability consistently to get more from the players he has available than our's does.

Woods and Cooper for sure, but yeah they don’t have any Perriera’s. Pound for pound we have better players.

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Leading tennis players are standing around for 18 of those 20 hours.

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Man to man there is only probably one or two you would take and put in our side.

Milwall just seem to play uncomplicated football as a team though, with a clear plan of what they want to do.

We always look a bit disjointed, mainly because we play lads who are uncomfortable in there roles, and we never let a settled 11 have a go at it for a good run of games, even read an article yesterday on lancs live and Mowbray is quoted as saying "I've never been one to keep the same team". We certainly know that Tony.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

"The long journey down to London?"

What on earth is he on about?

We don't travel down on the day of the game do we?

47 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Man to man there is only probably one or two you would take and put in our side.

Milwall just seem to play uncomplicated football as a team though, with a clear plan of what they want to do.

We always look a bit disjointed, mainly because we play lads who are uncomfortable in there roles, and we never let a settled 11 have a go at it for a good run of games, even read an article yesterday on lancs live and Mowbray is quoted as saying "I've never been one to keep the same team". We certainly know that Tony.

He tries to keep a team with Bennett in it

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Think they are at the moment aren't they?

Think they had been, but Holtby and Graham both posted on Instagram from London last night....

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't realise.

Is that everyone?

I've no idea to be honest.

That was the main reason Milwall vs Middlesbrough was a 3pm kick off last Wednesday so Boro could get back at a decent hour.

Maybe we're travelling down on the day and just staying the one night after the game?