BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

10 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Meanwhile, at Wycombe, Ainsworth achieved promotion. First time ever to the Championship. Lots of folks thought it could never be done. Kudos to him. 

Going back to Millwall/Rovers, for some reason, I expect an avalanche of goals. Last team with the ball wins. Rovers, 4; Lions, 3. 

Isn't Ainsworth a Rovers fan? Get him in! 

10 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Meanwhile, at Wycombe, Ainsworth achieved promotion. First time ever to the Championship. Lots of folks thought it could never be done. Kudos to him. 

Going back to Millwall/Rovers, for some reason, I expect an avalanche of goals. Last team with the ball wins. Rovers, 4; Lions, 3. 

Isn't Ainsworth a Rovers fan? Get him in! 

27 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I've no idea to be honest.

That was the main reason Milwall vs Middlesbrough was a 3pm kick off last Wednesday so Boro could get back at a decent hour.

Maybe we're travelling down on the day and just staying the one night after the game?

If they have the ability/facilities to stay overnight surely it would be better to do so the night before the game and then travel back up the road straight afterwards?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Man to man there is only probably one or two you would take and put in our side.

Milwall just seem to play uncomplicated football as a team though, with a clear plan of what they want to do.

We always look a bit disjointed, mainly because we play lads who are uncomfortable in there roles, and we never let a settled 11 have a go at it for a good run of games, even read an article yesterday on lancs live and Mowbray is quoted as saying "I've never been one to keep the same team". We certainly know that Tony.

Dyche plays the same 11 every week if he can. Whoever has to be brought in as a replacement the system stays the same. If you're going to play ale house football you definitely need two up front to chase down all the long balls. It seems to work for them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

If they have the ability/facilities to stay overnight surely it would be better to do so the night before the game and then travel back up the road straight afterwards?

Absolutely.

I presumed that was what occurred as a matter of course.

Unless there is an EFL directive saying all away sides currently have to travel on the day of the game I think it's extremely unprofessional to do so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The team are in London now doing a bit of sight seeing, going off Instagram 

Glad to hear they seemingly travelled yesterday.

Might as well get the sightseeing in as well.

Be the nearest they get to Wembley.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

That was the main reason Milwall vs Middlesbrough was a 3pm kick off last Wednesday so Boro could get back at a decent hour.

Maybe we're travelling down on the day and just staying the one night after the game?

I don't know why the Millwall v Boro game was at 3pm and ours is at 7.45pm. At the Fans Forum the other week Steve Waggott said that the club were trying to get the Cardiff and Millwall games brought forward to stop a return in the early hours, but clearly they didn't manage to.

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Luton last game is not the worst if a play off final is on stake. 

?

You never know which Rovers are going to turn up against teams down at the bottom. It's not impossible that Luton's attempt at survival could come down to the last game. Has red flags all over it.

Edited by CD_93

I would expect Gallagher, Rothwell and Davenport to start this game

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

We travelled down yesterday and stayed in a hotel overnight. Graham and Holtby were posting pictures of the London eye on Instagram 

Walton

Nyambe   Lenihan   Tosin   JRC

Travis   Downing   Johnson

Samuel   Graham   Armstrong

Can't drop Graham, knows where to be and provides a skillset that no other forwards can at the club. Could argue for Holtby over Samuel, or Buckley, they're all like for like in terms of how much quality they've been bringing to the side for me. Armstrong needs to play and of course I believe JRC is ultimately a better left-back than Elliott Bennett. 

Got to win, and feel like we will, which is never a good thing. So prediction is 2-2 final score with Travis grabbing himself a goal.

I can't believe that somehow this Rovers team, is still in with the slightest of chances of the playoffs, a win tonight would see us upto at least 8th (temporarily at least) and if Derby win at Cardiff, just one point off the play off places. The championship really is unreal. As always though, with this slightest of chances, we will go and blow it no doubt. If Cardiff do beat Derby tonight though, then that is it for Rovers I think, well it will be mathematically too if we lose alongside a Cardiff win and near on the same if we draw. This will be the night which decides whether or not we are in with a chance of play offs on the final day.

Edited by AAK

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would expect Gallagher, Rothwell and Davenport to start this game

We travelled down yesterday and stayed in a hotel overnight. Graham and Holtby were posting pictures of the London eye on Instagram 

Did you go with them Chaddy lad? :)

• Like 1

For a bit of authenticity I have asked my partner's two kids to throw coins at me for the duration of the game tonight, while I sing "Harry the Dog, you're having a laugh" repeatedly.

(Folk under 50 probably won't have a clue what I'm on about but hey ho)

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

For a bit of authenticity I have asked my partner's two kids to throw coins at me for the duration of the game tonight, while I sing "Harry the Dog, you're having a laugh" repeatedly.

(Folk under 50 probably won't have a clue what I'm on about but hey ho)

i'm over 50 and dont have a clue  what you are on about lol

• Like 1