BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Walton

Nyambe   Lenihan   Tosin   JRC

Travis   Downing   Johnson

Samuel   Graham   Armstrong

Can't drop Graham, knows where to be and provides a skillset that no other forwards can at the club. Could argue for Holtby over Samuel, or Buckley, they're all like for like in terms of how much quality they've been bringing to the side for me. Armstrong needs to play and of course I believe JRC is ultimately a better left-back than Elliott Bennett. 

Got to win, and feel like we will, which is never a good thing. So prediction is 2-2 final score with Travis grabbing himself a goal.

I’d go with that line up. Maybe Davenport or Bennett in for Downing... sacrifice Downing’s quality on the ball for a bit more bite. Our full backs will need a lot more help tonight.

For me that has to be the front three from the start. It’s going to be a battle. Rothwell might do some damage off the bench but I feel he’d be ineffective if he starts.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

I can't believe that somehow this Rovers team, is still in with the slightest of chances of the playoffs, a win tonight would see us upto at least 8th (temporarily at least) and if Derby win at Cardiff, just one point off the play off places. The championship really is unreal. As always though, with this slightest of chances, we will go and blow it no doubt. If Cardiff do beat Derby tonight though, then that is it for Rovers I think, well it will be mathematically too if we lose alongside a Cardiff win and near on the same if we draw. This will be the night which decides whether or not we are in with a chance of play offs on the final day.

The playoffs are a pipe dream. No chance! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoda's brother said:

i'm over 50 and dont have a clue  what you are on about lol

Mid-70's there was a World In Action tv documentary about Millwall fans/hooligans.  Harry the Dog was supposedly their leader.  This aired on the Monday before we played them at Ewood on the Wednesday.  I would be 13ish at the time and had an aunt living in Nuttall Street.  The police advised all residents and shopkeepers to board up their windows for the match.  I lived in Mill Hill and the few Millwall fans who came by train were marched from there, past my house, outnumber 50 to1 by police.  I walked behind them to the match.  I cant remember the result but do remember that there was a much smaller crowd than would normally be for a night game - back in those days Rovers fans lived and worked locally, therefore the working day wasn't as long so mid-week games tended to have improved gates - people were obviously put off attending by the documentary.  In any event, nothing at all happened.  All-in-all very boring for a scruffy kid.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Mid-70's there was a World In Action tv documentary about Millwall fans/hooligans.  Harry the Dog was supposedly their leader.  This aired on the Monday before we played them at Ewood on the Wednesday.  I would be 13ish at the time and had an aunt living in Nuttall Street.  The police advised all residents and shopkeepers to board up their windows for the match.  I lived in Mill Hill and the few Millwall fans who came by train were marched from there, past my house, outnumber 50 to1 by police.  I walked behind them to the match.  I cant remember the result but do remember that there was a much smaller crowd than would normally be for a night game - back in those days Rovers fans lived and worked locally, therefore the working day wasn't as long so mid-week games tended to have improved gates - people were obviously put off attending by the documentary.  In any event, nothing at all happened.  All-in-all very boring for a scruffy kid.....

Nothing at all happened - apart from Birdy (not the one of club video fame) welcomed 'Harry the Dog' to Blackburn with a smack in the face and then a huge ruck ensued behind the Darwen End. They don't like it up them these southern softies ha ha

We must be about the same age mate.

I remember similar talk when they were due to come up once late 80's/early 90's i think when they hadn't been for a while. Police locked down the pubs etc and all the usual palaver.  They brought about 125 fans, if that was now Waggot, the stadium manager & the local Plod would want it at 9 am on a Thursday morning.

For some places that kind of thing would be a red rag to a bull but Rovers fans tend to go into hiding anyway ?

They did say on one of the docus though that they'd been done up at Blackburn so times obviously changed.

Can see a draw so we all know it’s over but Cardiff losing too so it’s still possible mathematically, leading to it all dragging on to the last week where we need about 6 results to go our way, rueing our missed opportunities. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

Can see a draw so we all know it’s over but Cardiff losing too so it’s still possible mathematically, leading to it all dragging on to the last week where we need about 6 results to go our way, rueing our missed opportunities

The end to this season is reminding me me plenty of the Bowyer season where we almost got in the play offs. I remember watching us put 4 past Birmingham away in the first half and being more concerned about 4 or 5 other teams results than enjoying ours!

In the end though it didn't matter as the horrible Yeovil and much much worse Sheffield Wednesday results took it beyond us. I expect this season will be the same with Wigan and Barnsley, but it looks like they're doing a good job of just about keeping our hopes alive by a slither until the final moment. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Nothing at all happened - apart from Birdy (not the one of club video fame) welcomed 'Harry the Dog' to Blackburn with a smack in the face and then a huge ruck ensued behind the Darwen End. They don't like it up them these southern softies ha ha

A 'character'!

Those of us around at those times no doubt can recall similar tales.

Remember one pre match when Birdy was back (think it was after he'd done a stretch) and he almost single handedly routed the 'Tigers' in the Darwen End - never seen folk shift so quick, was like a man possessed.  Pussycats these days.

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

The end to this season is reminding me me plenty of the Bowyer season where we almost got in the play offs. I remember watching us put 4 past Birmingham away in the first half and being more concerned about 4 or 5 other teams results than enjoying ours!

In the end though it didn't matter as the horrible Yeovil and much much worse Sheffield Wednesday results took it beyond us. I expect this season will be the same with Wigan and Barnsley, but it looks like they're doing a good job of just about keeping our hopes alive by a slither until the final moment. 

Watford and Brighton last two games which we fluffed ??‍♂️ Remember it well

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Birdy was one of my dads acquaintances...i remember him well , stood alone in the bburn end being the most racist youve ever heard

Edited by Sparks Rover

I watched the clip on Millwall Hooliganism. I don’t think there is any way here in U.S. they could segregate crowds like y’all do. There are still some ugly episodes that takes place.

who has the worst crowds today- I’ve read Forest, WHU, & of course Millwall. Everybody can have a few rotten fans.