BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought Johnson was next worst after Samuel.

God knows what Travis, Dack and Lenihan must think watching this shower of shite.

Has Lenihan ever completed a pass that isn’t 5 yards sideways?

We look so lost going forwards, painful to watch. You can see Downing and Tosin trying to look for people but just zero options.

Hope for a miraculous second half.

Absolutely fuming with this inevitable show of total disinterest and inability.

For all of the talk of progress, what does Mowbrays Rovers actually do?

Long ball from the start against Millwall, did Mowbray consult Appleton before coming up with a game plan today. Team is all wrong. Then as the half wore on plenty of slow and sideways passes with zero threat. Thats what apparently we "want" to do.

Samuel with the sort of non performance you get out of him 99% of the time. Graham cant move. Get shut of both after the Luton game.

Adarabioyo cant be arsed. Bennett constantly out of position. Dont get the hype around Rankin Costello, constantly looks terrified.

Walton woeful with the ball at his feet. Johnson clumsy. Travis petulant and sloppy. Downing ineffective. Armstrong fairly half arsed.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Aye, cause so far we've fallen from...

League One to midtable Championship?

Ay, cause I would have got that squad out of league 1

Ay, cause he has had 7 terrible transfer windows,spending stupid money on league 2 players 

Ay, cause his football is slow, predictable and so yesterday 

Ay, cause his square pegs in round holes continue to produce dross 

Ay, cause he is without inspiration or motivation 

BUT ....if you’re feeling the love ...you’re feeling the love . 

• Like 5

I'm not sure whether anyone has covered this in any other threads, but Downing as a centre midfielder just isn't working. Thought he was effective from the wing and left back in the first half of the season. His left foot was a real outlet down the left side. 

However it's no coincidence that his influence and form has dropped off since he's been moved to centre midfield. He's not dynamic enough for it to work and we seem to be squeezing him to the detriment to the team. If Mowbray plans to utilise him like this, I'd be happy for him not to get another contract. I thought that was unthinkable after the first half of the season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

‪Davenport for JRC, Gallagher for Samuel and Holtby For Johnson at half time, harsh on Johnson maybe but need some craft ‬

I'd keep JRC on, but play him in a more natural position for him - further forward.

Season's been over for a while, the youngsters should be playing these games.

Another abysmal Mowbray half.

Side wrong tactics wrong.

No adjustment when we went behind.

Final balls terrible but players not being encouraged to move to pull Millwall out of position.

So many ridiculously unnecessary pass backs as well from Johnson in particular.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought Johnson was next worst after Samuel.

God knows what Travis, Dack and Lenihan must think watching this shower of shite.

I’m not going to go for bat for him just noticed less shittery than others but that’s because he hasn’t been involved much to make mistakes 

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We are so slow and predictable it's painful to watch. Millwall could defend against this all week.

Samuel...... dear God.

That one paragraph hits the nail on the head. No pace, no purpose just possession. It just difficult to describe it has a style of play.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely fuming with this inevitable show of total disinterest and inability.

For all of the talk of progress, what does Mowbrays Rovers actually do?

Long ball from the start against Millwall, did Mowbray consult Appleton before coming up with a game plan today. Team is all wrong. Then as the half wore on plenty of slow and sideways passes with zero threat. Thats what apparently we "want" to do.

Samuel with the sort of non performance you get out of him 99% of the time. Graham cant move. Get shut of both after the Luton game.

Adarabioyo cant be arsed. Bennett constantly out of position. Dont get the hype around Rankin Costello, constantly looks terrified.

Walton woeful with the ball at his feet. Johnson clumsy. Travis petulant and sloppy. Downing ineffective. Armstrong fairly half arsed.

Apart from that we're doing alright though?

• Like 7

Just now, Dolly blue said:

Ay, cause he has had 7 terrible transfer windows,spending stupid money on league 2 players 

and aye cuz he contributed to us getting relegated in the first place but lets not get into that again, lest we want to ignore that fact.

• Like 2

Just now, Dolly blue said:

Watching Rovers is like a Beckett play. Hopeless and pointless. Still, I will have to endure the 2nd half with Estragon, Pozzo and Godot...unless, of course, Mowbray decides to bring them on. Hell, he has paid millions for worse!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wood26 said:

Has Lenihan ever completed a pass that isn’t 5 yards sideways?

Maybe not.

Tony has probably told him to model himself on Corry.

Davenport on for Johnson, Holtby on for Downing, Gallagher on for Samuel and Brereton on for Graham.

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Watching Rovers is like a Beckett play. Hopeless and pointless. Still, I will have to endure the 2nd half with Estragon, Pozzo and Godot...unless, of course, Mowbray decides to bring them on. Hell, he has paid millions for worse!

Far too highbrow for this place

• Like 2

• Backroom

Has anyone got a clip of the Millwall weak shot from the edge of the box before their goal

I didn’t get enough chance to see that 

• Like 2