BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

Yet another woeful performance in a game where you’d think they would be up for it. I just don’t think TM has this group motivated.

Summed up for me by footage at the end of a Bradley Johnson laughing and joking with their subs. 

Big changes needed in staff and players. 

Johnson is one of the first out the door for me. I don't think he knows how to play a forward pass. His movement is diabolical too - he spent most of the second half on top of Tosin.

• Like 4

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

The punishment is 12 points.

The punishment is not relegation.

When it's our turn we will hope we can chalk up 13 points.

Any punishment should have an actual negative impact on the club.

With no prize money at stake between 7th and 21st they will not have had any punishment.

Of course by the time it’s our turn (and it will happen) they will have changed the rules to recognise this.

The current view that if they were in the bottom three it would apply next season means its either no punishment or double punishment. Whoever makes up these rules is basically giving a huge loophole to teams to encourage them to take their chances and break the rules anyway.

FFP is the biggest joke in football.

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

Disappointment but one spark of hope.......

JRC, Buckley, Davenport look good for next season. Let's hope TM gives the youngsters a good run out in our last two matches.

Nah, he’ll hang them out to dry in the press then sell them to Brentford. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Pathetic and spineless, only bettered by the shit show against Barnsley.

The only saving grace is that Cardiff won, meaning the season was over regardless of this result. 

Too many passengers and L1 players. Nobody can tell me that Bennett or Samuel are anything but L1 fodder. How can our manager get away with starting them. Downing as a false 9? Gallagher player right wing back. 
Downing and Johnson - shameful waste of wages, not sustainable for a club like ours.

Travis - worst I’ve seen him for a while, which was disappointing. 

Rothwell made a difference when he came on, Holtby did pretty much nothing. Thought Rankin Costello was okay in the attacking form, a bit out of position at times defensively. 

Tony needs to walk (isn’t going to happen). Johnson to take over and a huge rebuilt needed if we actually have any ambition (I don’t think we do).

If we somehow keep Nyambe, Lenihan, Dack, Armstrong and Travis then we need to replace almost every other position with a first teamer

Bennett, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Johnson, Downing, Samuel all need to go (majority are our highest earners)! As well as others. 

I’m so deflated and not even remotely looking forward to next season. We all want what’s best for Rovers on this board, I’m sure we’re all in the dumps. Let’s just hope for some positive changes. 

Ambition is the main one, and I agree, we don't have any. My Grandad (Burnley fan), but I used to make him go Ewood when I was a kid, as he was effectively my Dad, so took me everywhere, so he gained a love for Rovers through me! He said to me only the other week "look at Burnley they had a structure in place, and built year upon year, Blackburn have spent more bloody money on them two donkeys up front, than Burnley ever did, and they are still a poor side, it's LIKE THEY ARE'NT INTERESTED IN GOING UP, that manager he does the same thing over and over again, and it never works"

Edited by AAK
  • Like 3

Bennett was crap again. JRC wasn’t much better. One will get a hard time as he’s not from our academy.

Rothwell was good for 10 minutes.

Im going to miss Tosin, one of the few in our team that can pass it forwards.

Literally have no idea how next season is going to pan out, but we need to sort something out because we must be the easiest team to defend against in the league. Our only hope is if Armstrong bangs one in out of no where.

Plus side, 2 more games then Dack is back.

Just now, Wood26 said:

Bennett was crap again. JRC wasn’t much better. One will get a hard time as he’s not from our academy.

Rothwell was good for 10 minutes.

Im going to miss Tosin, one of the few in our team that can pass it forwards.

Literally have no idea how next season is going to pan out, but we need to sort something out because we must be the easiest team to defend against in the league. Our only hope is if Armstrong bangs one in out of no where.

Plus side, 2 more games then Dack is back.

I thought Dack was looking at Christmas time before being at full fitness?

3 minutes ago, renrag said:

It’s really no different to having the points deducted at the start of the season. If you then earn enough points over and above the deduction, then you stay up

It’s very different. Rules were introduced to put a date on clubs being able to go into admin for that exact reason. It stops such tactical defaulting on creditors while ensuring they can be mathematically safe first. Points deductions have to be meaningful.

You wouldn’t be so blasé if you were one of their suppliers.

Just now, Wood26 said:

I thought I read he was now aiming for first game. Could be wrong.

You may well be right pal, it was ages ago I read Christmas time. A 5% fit dack would be better than Brereton or Gallagher so heres hoping, plus our best striker graham will have been released by then.

• Like 1

1st half was very poor from us. Far too slow in possession. 

Samuel and Graham deserve to be sub off. 

I thought Rankin Costello was our best player all game. He almost scored with the last kick of the game. He did very well against Wallace and Romeo considering he was yellow card in the 1st minute. He is going to be a good player for us next season. 

Rothwell had an impact second half. 

Armstrong should have scored in the second half with the chance he had from Gallagher

10 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

I like the idea of Clinton Morrison commentating on Sky. Once sat next to his cousin on flight back from the States, very nice fella. 

Also realise now's not the time for such trivial anecdotes. 

Wasn't he the guy who dissed Rovers when Souness was interested in signing him ?  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

1st half was very poor from us. Far too slow in possession. 

Samuel and Graham deserve to be sub off. 

I thought Rankin Costello was our best player all game. He almost scored with the last kick of the game. He did very well against Wallace and Romeo considering he was yellow card in the 1st minute. He is going to be a good player for us next season. 

Rothwell had an impact second half. 

Armstrong should have scored in the second half with the chance he had from Gallagher

Do you really still think Mowbray is our man?

How bad do we need to get before you would sack him?

• Like 6