BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

do we really believe anything will change in the summer??,imo we`ll still have basically the same group,with the same mentality and im`e pretty certain we`ll end up with walton again for another season,as tony won`t find a goalkeeper available,the whole set up is rank,players ar`nt fit enough,hungry enough and we have a manager who makes mike bassett look sane on the tactics side

Cardiff winning tonight means even a win for us wouldn’t have been enough, that’s the only positive from tonight though. Has Mowbray taken us as far as he can? Maybe and he’s had millions to spend as well, but do I trust the Chicken farmers to find an adequate replacement for him? Not a chance, we’ll end up with Pardew or something. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AAK said:

Clinton is the worst pundit I have ever come across on TV/Radio, talks pure shite on a consistent basis and talks like he's from the broncs, I'd rather have a man off the street who has gone through education to try and get a job in the media. Although he did talk the first bit of sense I have ever heard him speak tonight, he is right Rovers and their tactics were woeful.

Yes woeful, pedestrian, lack of guile,  every pass was either sideways or back, or a 3/5yd pass not to feet, or if the pass got there it didnt stick, truely an awful football match to watch.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, tomphil said:

We kept booting the ball to their centre halves 

He even talks like a pub football manager at times there's a touch of Mike basset with that speak.  Why were they doing that ?  Must've been under his instructions to hit it long and early.  Just what rocket science did he expect against a set of 6'1" to 6'3" defenders ?

Pure spin now this fella.

That admission doesn't reflect well on him regardless of how it's spun. Either the players were playing to his instruction and it was useless, or they weren't which meant they paid no attention to his instructions - and he was also completely unable to change it for 45 minutes.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, superniko said:

Pathetic and spineless, only bettered by the shit show against Barnsley.

The only saving grace is that Cardiff won, meaning the season was over regardless of this result. 

Too many passengers and L1 players. Nobody can tell me that Bennett or Samuel are anything but L1 fodder. How can our manager get away with starting them. Downing as a false 9? Gallagher player right wing back. 
Downing and Johnson - shameful waste of wages, not sustainable for a club like ours.

Travis - worst I’ve seen him for a while, which was disappointing. 

Rothwell made a difference when he came on, Holtby did pretty much nothing. Thought Rankin Costello was okay in the attacking form, a bit out of position at times defensively. 

Tony needs to walk (isn’t going to happen). Johnson to take over and a huge rebuilt needed if we actually have any ambition (I don’t think we do).

If we somehow keep Nyambe, Lenihan, Dack, Armstrong and Travis then we need to replace almost every other position with a first teamer

Bennett, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Johnson, Downing, Samuel all need to go (majority are our highest earners)! As well as others. 

I’m so deflated and not even remotely looking forward to next season. We all want what’s best for Rovers on this board, I’m sure we’re all in the dumps. Let’s just hope for some positive changes. 

Post of the season! and unfortunately mirrors my feelings

25 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

I can cope without the play offs......What I can’t  cope with is the thought of this miserable, inept man on the touchline next season.....my love for this club will be severely tested.... it’s just one depressing day after another.....and, the thing is , it needn’t be....he just sucks the life .

They say it’s the hope that kills you ....we’ve no hope ....but we’re dead .

Yep.

What a sorry arsed effort (I hesitate to use the word performance) that was in a game that should have been a "must win" fixture.

We've no hope under Mowbray. What SHOULD happen is he is sacked along with Venus Lowe and Benson upon his return to Blackburn and at the very least Damien Johnson be given a chance to show what he can do.

Keep: Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Dack, Armstrong.

Release: all out of contract players.

Listen to offers for anyone else. Promote youth.

What WILL happen: Tony will con the owners into handing over the same budget as last year. Everyone gets a new deal and we limp on for another 12 months with nothing to look forward to apart from another mid table finish at best. Players like Brereton, Chapman and Davenport who he signed will continue to be completely ignored and in general the youngsters will continue to only get either cameo appearances or the odd start whenever there's a dire injury crisis.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, renrag said:

In no way am I being blasé, I can assure you I am well aware of the plight of creditors. The rule was clear, if their points meant they finished in the bottom three, the deduction applied next season. If they finished outside the bottom three it applied this season. To take your argument to its conclusion, you could say the deduction should apply in the first season it ensured relegation.

No, I’m saying that the penalty should not be allowed to be “applied for” if and when it suits an individual club. It should be a deterrent, not an opportunity to be exploited.

In such a case, it’s no longer a penalty and they could actually be rewarded for financial mismanagement while other clubs who play by the book and pay their suppliers take a fall.

I hope Wigan get their comeuppance.

I've not read previous comments, I don't need to as I'm confident what most will say. But as someone who has supported TM staunchly on here, there's no denying that was a disappointing way for our season to end, pretty toothless when we needed to be in their faces.

There was no bite to us; obviously the yellows for JRC & Travis didn't help, the latter not showing anything like his normal self. Subs were ineffective this time, and we were too slow to get the ball into the front 3.

I still think we can improve from here with TM at the helm as he's had rotten luck with key injuries this season. It's fine lines between success & mediocrity but no doubt there are a tough few weeks ahead.

We need to start Davenport on Saturday next to Travis, Gally or BB up front with Arma, Buckley, JRC in an attacking role, and look to blood the likes of Carter, Lewis Thompson & Fisher or Hilton. They're the future, next season & beyond, give them a go now when there's nothing to lose.  There's no need for Downing, Adarabioyo (both of whom I like a lot), Bennett, Johnson or Samuel to be selected.

TM's got a big job on his hands this summer, not least to get many of you back on board. It's performances like tonight's that give his doubters cause to question his suitability to progress, which is a disappointing way for tonight to have gone for all concerned. 

• Like 2

Just now, Amo said:

We didn't look much better with Dack, tbh.

IIRC, had we won that Wigan game he got injured in we would've gone top 6; had we done, and kept Dack fit, who knows how we might have gone from there?

Like I said, fine margins.

Tonight though was just disappointing, pure and simple, too many players off their game.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Where is Suhail when you need a decision ? 

This club doesnt need decision makers, it needs people put into positions, pretending to fulfil those positions, come on FFS! Thats how we roll these days.

does no one remember what he did at Celtic and Coventry?? Him and his mates are stealing money and our owners are too thick to see it. He wouldn't have survived at any other club and he is aided by a subservient media...Where are the hard questions both to him and the owners??

• Like 8

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

IIRC, had we won that Wigan game he got injured in we would've gone top 6; had we done, and kept Dack fit, who knows how we might have gone from there?

Like I said, fine margins.

Tonight though was just disappointing, pure and simple, too many players off their game.

And we looked shite in that Wigan game before Dack got injured.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I've not read previous comments, I don't need to as I'm confident what most will say. But as someone who has supported TM staunchly on here, there's no denying that was a disappointing way for our season to end, pretty toothless when we needed to be in their faces.

There was no bite to us; obviously the yellows for JRC & Travis didn't help, the latter not showing anything like his normal self. Subs were ineffective this time, and we were too slow to get the ball into the front 3.

I still think we can improve from here with TM at the helm as he's had rotten luck with key injuries this season. It's fine lines between success & mediocrity but no doubt there are a tough few weeks ahead.

We need to start Davenport on Saturday next to Travis, Gally or BB up front with Arma, Buckley, JRC in an attacking role, and look to blood the likes of Carter, Lewis Thompson & Fisher or Hilton. They're the future, next season & beyond, give them a go now when there's nothing to lose.  There's no need for Downing, Adarabioyo (both of whom I like a lot), Bennett, Johnson or Samuel to be selected.

TM's got a big job on his hands this summer, not least to get many of you back on board. It's performances like tonight's that give his doubters cause to question his suitability to progress, which is a disappointing way for tonight to have gone for all concerned. 

Pretty fair comment, well done, although imo the changes you  suggest should have been made after the Barnsley game imo at which point the season was realistically over.

• Like 2