BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, staggering bullsh1t from Mowbray - some real 'pearlers':

On leaving out Nyambe: 

“It was a balance of a few things, confidence levels, and the fact he’s played a lot of football, we decided to go with Elliott and Joe.”

On including Bennett:

"Elliott Bennett brings some character and personality to our team and takes the game-plan on to the pitch".  

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18582788.rovers-boss-mowbray-explains-nyambe-absence-team-selection/

I honestly despair with Mowbray and have given up all hope for the future of our club with him and Waggott in situ.

Nonsense again. He does it though because he can. Who does he have to answer to?

He’s going absolutely nowhere is he. Having no fans at these final games of the season has worked out well for him.

There have been worse times than this, no doubt, but I can’t ever remember feeling this apathetic about it all. Even under Kean there was a spirit and a fight about the fanbase. Now there isn’t even that. Mowbray is the height of ambition for many. Or they make that the excuse because of Venkys.

A change is needed, if only to give fans a little belief that somebody somewhere is demanding better than this.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I’ve rarely heard a quote so ridiculous 

Nyambe is low on confidence; so he drops him, that’s certain to help 

The bull about confidence really can't be true at all. After all if that were the case Bennett can't be feeling too confident after his recent forrays at full back and Walton looks shot of confidence after some utter clangers of late. Half our strikers have zero confidence which shows in their hesitation on the pitch.  Funny how confidence only seems to be a factor with Nayambe. 

Rothwell, Gallagher and Davenport should have started last night in place of Samuel, Graham and Johnson. That's not even hindsight. Just what obviously was the best choice after the last game. 

Muddled Mowbray can't see clearly as usual. He has his good points, but it's difficult to see us every pushing into the play offs under him. Maybe a bit closer, but that's it. 

• Like 3

It's quite simple to me. Nyambe seems to be a quiet, humble lad who won't cause a fuss when he is dropped in favour of Elliot Bennett-Mowbray. 

It's another example for me of Mowbray picking the low hanging fruit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

The admission that Nayambe was left out because he has played a lot of football, is the clearest, most blatant evidence yet that Bennett must be included at all costs. When a player is dropped for playing a lot of football (not I note, because he was fatigued) then it says performances or winning don't seem to be number one on the agenda. 

TM's handling of Nayambe is appalling.  No wonder he won't sign a new contract. For every player we bring through, it seems like there's a decent chance TM will alienate them like Raya. 

Iv'e suspected ever since he dropped him mid season last year that he's one they'd cash in first decent offer.    Add in the rumours of the agent stuff a while back as well.

They should be cherishing this lad not looking for excuses to leave him out in favour of the managers pet who is a level below him in that position. Nyambe doesn't strike me as the type of unit who needs resting i was prepared to give them the benefit of doubt last night assuming he had something tightening up.  If not it's another load of bollocks.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Just turned 60.  I was in the BBE that night as usual - didn't gravitate to the RS til my early twenties.  Saw nothing at all.  I remember that Birdy.  I used to stand a few rails and steps away from him.  In those days us kids could afford entry with our paper round money.  They need parents to pay for them these days.

I could do a couple of games a week easily on my paper round money. Sometimes more. Rovers and Rochdale regularly.  Any of Utd, City, Dingles, Bolton, Oldham, Bury on the bus now and again. My local rugby league team if it was against Saints, Wigan etc.

11 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I've not read previous comments, I don't need to as I'm confident what most will say. But as someone who has supported TM staunchly on here, there's no denying that was a disappointing way for our season to end, pretty toothless when we needed to be in their faces.

There was no bite to us; obviously the yellows for JRC & Travis didn't help, the latter not showing anything like his normal self. Subs were ineffective this time, and we were too slow to get the ball into the front 3.

I still think we can improve from here with TM at the helm as he's had rotten luck with key injuries this season. It's fine lines between success & mediocrity but no doubt there are a tough few weeks ahead.

We need to start Davenport on Saturday next to Travis, Gally or BB up front with Arma, Buckley, JRC in an attacking role, and look to blood the likes of Carter, Lewis Thompson & Fisher or Hilton. They're the future, next season & beyond, give them a go now when there's nothing to lose.  There's no need for Downing, Adarabioyo (both of whom I like a lot), Bennett, Johnson or Samuel to be selected.

TM's got a big job on his hands this summer, not least to get many of you back on board. It's performances like tonight's that give his doubters cause to question his suitability to progress, which is a disappointing way for tonight to have gone for all concerned. 

I agree with most of that, but I'd still play Adarabioyo. He's the glue at the moment. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, staggering bullsh1t from Mowbray - some real 'pearlers':

On leaving out Nyambe: 

“It was a balance of a few things, confidence levels, and the fact he’s played a lot of football, we decided to go with Elliott and Joe.”

On including Bennett:

"Elliott Bennett brings some character and personality to our team and takes the game-plan on to the pitch".  

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18582788.rovers-boss-mowbray-explains-nyambe-absence-team-selection/

I honestly despair with Mowbray and have given up all hope for the future of our club with him and Waggott in situ.

Baffling quotes. He's talking like Bennett is Roy Keane or Patrick Viera, pulling the lads up when things aren't going well and taking games by the scruff of the neck. Considering how little we ever come from behind to win (wasn't Cardiff the first time in the Championship we've done that since 2015?) and how Bennett is a total clutz that none of his team mates can rely on I find these comments completely ridiculous. Might as well bring back Robbie Savage if we need a 'character' in the team - would probably still be better than EB at this point. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Just turned 60.  I was in the BBE that night as usual - didn't gravitate to the RS til my early twenties.  Saw nothing at all.  I remember that Birdy.  I used to stand a few rails and steps away from him.  In those days us kids could afford entry with our paper round money.  They need parents to pay for them these days.

Baird was a right bastard to young lads going away. There was an audible sigh of relief if he didn’t get on your coach.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's quite simple to me. Nyambe seems to be a quiet, humble lad who won't cause a fuss when he is dropped in favour of Elliot Bennett-Mowbray. 

It's another example for me of Mowbray picking the low hanging fruit.

I have never been taken in by the talk that Mowbray is a decent chap, a man of integrity, etc.  IMO, he isn't.  What he said in Blues Bar last February and IMO hugely failed to deliver upon, merely concreted my suspicions.  Also, I think he has hung out to dry too many of our younger players - easy targets / 'low hanging fruit'.

The Nyambe stuff, IMO, is parallel to the Raya nonsense and we know where that ended up and what it has cost us.

And just what has Mowbray done for the confidence of the likes of Brereton and Gallagher?  Whatever flickering ability these two lads have has, IMO, been extinguished by Mowbray's gross mismanagement of them - even Coyle got much more out of Gallagher.

I really struggle to see just what Mowbray offers - I think it's clear he offers precious little in terms of man management skills.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Team was completely wrong from the off. Would hope that’s Graham, Samuel, Johnson, Downing and Bennett’s last game for us. Totally done with them. Special praise for Elliott Bennett who is quite easily the worst professional footballer I’ve seen play for Rovers. How he manages to get paid for this is beyond me. Constantly getting out muscled, ball gets to him it’s over, tipified by him kicking it out of play late on similar to the Jason Lowe incident. The fact he survived 90 mins today should be reason enough to sack Mowbray, absolutely unfathomable. 

I have always been a big Tony fan but that first half today told you everything you need to know. Totally inept, lacking ideas and fight with everything to play for. Simply not good enough. Millwall are shite as well, and we played right into their hands. Team should have been littered with speed and guile, Rothwell, Holtby and Davenport, especially when all three played so well off the bench against WBA. That’s the problem with Mowbray though he will always just play his favourites. Cooper and Pearce won’t have had an easier game all year.

Time for a change, I can handle being just outside the playoffs, but style of play, slow as molasses, and the last three away performances have been nothing short of disgraceful, with all too play for.

Special mention to the two darling boys Travis and Lenihan, what the fuck was that? Fine time for your worst performances of the season lads.

I actually laughed out loud when that happened, especially when the camera panned on him looking so hapless after he did it.

Just now, Mercer said:

I have never been taken in by the talk that Mowbray is a decent chap, a man of integrity, etc.  IMO, he isn't.  What he said in Blues Bar last February and IMO hugely failed to deliver upon, merely concreted my suspicions.  Also, I think he has hung out to dry too many of our younger players - easy targets / 'low hanging fruit'.

The Nyambe stuff, IMO, is parallel to the Raya nonsense and we know where that ended up and what it has cost us.

And just what has Mowbray done for the confidence of the likes of Brereton and Gallagher?  Whatever flickering ability these two lads have has, IMO, been extinguished by Mowbray's gross mismanagement of them - even Coyle got much more out of Gallagher.

I really struggle to see just what Mowbray offers - I think it's clear he offers precious little in terms of man management skills.

It's starting to look like Nyambe is going to be Raya Mk2.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's starting to look like Nyambe is going to be Raya Mk2.

He will be in the prem then after next year. What a manager we have. Sells one of the best keepers in the league because he was judged not good enough and now 12 months later one is nearly promoted and the other is going backwards. 

Rovers need to get their act together because it really is promotion of bust in the same manner as bury. We need that PL money to survive. I'd take record low points total and venkies gone with no debt and a clean slate over what we have now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sounds like Bennet would make a decent Red Coat, shit footballer though.  Mowbray out!

Bennet has no character. This is the same guy who had verbal fights with fans online after dozens of shit performances resulted in him having his ability questioned. Should have been let go after league one promotion. 

Edited by Tom Stinny
  • Like 1

On Bennett.  I think the situation is approaching Jason Lowe as captain territory. Bennett always has an intense look on his face, but I never see him displaying any leadership qualities. He seems to get involved with niggly stuff with the ref far too regularly. I don't see him encouraging the players, motivating them or in any way communicating. Please correct me if I am wrong about this. Lenihan is a far better option as captain and this thing of interchanging them depending on if Bennett starts is more over complication at the cost of performance from Muddled Mowbray.

As a player Bennett isn't good enough either. Can someone please tell me what he has contributed in a game this season that can be seen as positive? Maybe a few decent tackles, but far from enough. We are worse with him in the side. Look at Luke Ayling at Leeds and compare and contrast what a good right-back does. I mean just look at Nyambe, a far better right back. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4