BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I would say the last two games, only play guys under contract, or not here on loan. The others have had ample time to show their wares.

Agree fully with this. We gain nothing from playing loanees in them. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Wasn't he the guy who dissed Rovers when Souness was interested in signing him ?  

Not me shhhh you know my name.... Clint yeah 

ive seen him do that in front of me ? granted sozzled 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Wasn't he the guy who dissed Rovers when Souness was interested in signing him ?  

Don't know why, he was shite, I think every striker we had at the club whilst he was in his playing career was better than him.

• Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Not me shhhh you know my name.... Clint yeah 

Clinton is the worst pundit I have ever come across on TV/Radio, talks pure shite on a consistent basis and talks like he's from the broncs, I'd rather have a man off the street who has gone through education to try and get a job in the media. Although he did talk the first bit of sense I have ever heard him speak tonight, he is right Rovers and their tactics were woeful.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer we have been over this time after time.  

I have told several times Yes Mowbray is still the man for me. 

Are we making progress? 60 points again.

10 points in 11 games, is that acceptable?

Have his signings been good enough this season?

Do you agree with this false 9 shite?

Do you agree with this wide striker shite?

1 minute ago, AAK said:

Don't know why, he was shite, I think every striker we had at the club whilst he was in his playing career was better than him.

Average striker, billy big bollocks attitude. Souness liked them like that though in his team the bigger the attitude the better.  This fella probably puts sweets under their pillows.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer we have been over this time after time.  

I have told several times Yes Mowbray is still the man for me. 

Why exactly is he the man for you?

What quality is he currently displaying that tells you the club is on its uppers?

• Like 3

TM: "The first half wasn't good enough, we lacked energy, ideas. The frustration is the team felt ready. We knew what was at stake. We lacked the quality first half, we kept booting the ball to their centre halves. Second half we didn't work their keeper enough." #Rovers

Firstly, if the team kept launching it against your pre match instructions, you could have stepped in. Second, you’re surprised that no strikers and Downing as a false 9 failed to test their keeper. You’re delusional, Tony.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 6

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Just caught myself thinking....

Yeah maybe Venkys haven't given Tony the budget because first they are waiting to see if he does what he said last year...or if he doesn't they will ring Suhail to fire him.

Please lock me up. I plead insanity.

I imagine Jagadesh his son is asked. 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Just caught myself thinking....

Yeah maybe Venkys haven't given Tony the budget because first they are waiting to see if he does what he said last year...or if he doesn't they will ring Suhail to fire him.

Please lock me up. I plead insanity.

You’re giving them far too much credit. They don’t care that much.

• Like 6

Absolute farce. At best the only ones who can hold their heads up tonight are the ones who played the final ten minutes, JRC maybe who put in a reasonable shift for a man a tackle away from being sent off for 89 minutes (really wish he'd have converted at the end as it may just unlock that little bit of something else inside him [same goes for Nyambe]). The rest of them - no bollocks, no bite, no drive, nothing. I'd be ashamed if I put in a shift like that at work.

Same old, same old. I think the final minute summed it up best: Walton launching it straight at the opposition man a mile from anyone else, Bennett pissing about with the free kick and the collective despair of wondering what could have been if the ball had fallen to someone else. Downing at False 9 is just the cherry on the cake, it's something you'd do after a few beers on Fifa with your mates.

No excuses now: Johnson, Graham (that breaks my heart), Mulgrew, Samuel, Walton etc all must have played their last for us. We're allegedly skint, with nothing to play for and more youth than you can shake a stick at festering away week after week. We might as well try and salvage something from this dismal conclusion to our season.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Scotland1 said:

Pumping in what will be required in the summer and next season aka 12 million I’d be asking questions 

You see, that would make sense.
Unfortunately, not much they’ve done since owning the club has....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

TM: "The first half wasn't good enough, we lacked energy, ideas. The frustration is the team felt ready. We knew what was at stake. We lacked the quality first half, we kept booting the ball to their centre halves. Second half we didn't work their keeper enough." #Rovers

Firstly, if the team kept launching it against your pre match instructions, you could have stepped in. Second, you’re surprised that no strikers and Downing as a false 9 failed to test their keeper. You’re delusional, Tony.

We kept booting the ball to their centre halves 

He even talks like a pub football manager at times there's a touch of Mike basset with that speak.  Why were they doing that ?  Must've been under his instructions to hit it long and early.  Just what rocket science did he expect against a set of 6'1" to 6'3" defenders ?

Pure spin now this fella.

• Like 3

I didn't watch 'the game. Just reading through the comments on here make me really glad I didn't. The manager is dog shit, the way we play is dogshit, most of the players the dogshit manager has signed are dogshit. I'm sick to my stomach of continually reading about this lot phoning a performance in. Have they no pride or self respect ? 

They'll all roll in tomorrow for " training " as though nothing has happened. At a real club the chairman would be waiting for the manager first thing in the morning with his cards already made out.

I can't bear to listen any more of the bollocks that comes out of his mouth. He talks like he's just come along as a neutral observer. Why do we lack ideas and energy ? Why did we kept banging the ball up to their centre halves ? Get to the bloody touch line and tell them " The next one of you that does that again is coming off ! "

Trouble with that is they'd probably be glad to come off. The wasters.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

We are a better passing side than we have been for years, but to what end? Millwall sat back and soaked up what very little we threw at them. I barely remember a shot on target (I haven't seen the stats). We could have nicked a draw, but nicking a draw in a game like this counts for nothing when you need to win, and I feel as though attempts at style over substance take precendence with Rovers.

Sometimes, I sit here and wonder how high a bar we're setting for the guy that has single-handedly turned this ship around. It certainly could have been so much worse by now, and Mogga deserves a lot of credit for saving us all a lot more emabarrassment. Other times, I look at the funding that he's had, and he's had it very fair, and yet failed to address our defence. I sit here wondering where we might be in the league, had we invested more in defence other than loans. Paul Downing and Amari'i Bell are our only two permanent signings in defence since Mogga took over if I recall... That surely has to change in the next window, starting with Greg Cunningham, and then a couple more.

People are fed of Mowbray. This isn't my own personal view, as I do think we are making the most progression that we've seen at the club in a decade, but I think the relationship between him and the supporters has now gone, and that won't be received in India. Mogga will stay. Our only hope is that our bloody defence gets some investment, even if it means the sale of one or two assets...

This!

BUT with Mowbray gone

Edited by Preben