BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Player of the Season 2019/20

Player of the Season 2019/20  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BRFCS Rovers Player of the Season 2019/20?

• Christian Walton
    • Ryan Nyambe
    • Bradley Johnson
    • Adam Armstrong
    • Joe Rothwell
    • Sam Gallagher
    • Amari'i Bell
    • Stewart Downing
    • Bradley Dack
    • Tosin Adarabioyo
    • Darragh Lenihan
    • Lewis Travis
    • Elliott Bennett
    • Other (Please Specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/20 at 11:00

Really close between a few for me:

Downing - Very solid signing, gets an honorable mention, but mainly between Adam Armstrong and Lewis Travis.

Armstrong's goals have been crucial, particularly in the second half of the season, since Dack has been injured, but decided to give it to Travis. I feel as though he has the potential to play in the Premier League, his work is so crucial to us and you really feel his absence when he's not in the middle of the park! 3 assist and 2 goals also! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Really close between a few for me:

Downing - Very solid signing, gets an honorable mention, but mainly between Adam Armstrong and Lewis Travis.

Armstrong's goals have been crucial, particularly in the second half of the season, since Dack has been injured, but decided to give it to Travis. I feel as though he has the potential to play in the Premier League, his work is so crucial to us and you really feel his absence when he's not in the middle of the park! 3 assist and 2 goals also! 

I'd have no qualms at all with either of those getting it, especially Armstrong the way that he has kicked on, but I've voted for Darragh. I remember seeing our win percentage with him and without him in the team a couple of weeks ago. These things can be misleading, but even so I really think Lenihan is the one player in the squad that we miss the most when he doesn't play. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

The way Armstrong has stepped up in Dack’s absence makes me wonder how effective they will be together! Let’s hope we get the chance to see this next season!

Travis runs him very close though.

• Like 1

Interesting splits in the poll.

I suspected it would be tight between Travis and Armstrong, who are the unanimous standouts.

10 of Armstrong's 15 goals have come since Dack's injury on 23rd December 2019. (9 league, 1 cup).

Trivia piece, Adam Armstrong, may well have scored the last ever goal at Gigg Lane, when Rovers played Bury FC in our 3-0 win at Gigg Lane on 24th July 2019.

I went for Downing, he's been a revelation really considering everything, his consistency & fitness are quite something.  I'm pretty confident the players would vote him as their POTY for his overall impact on the team's more progressive possession-based game and leading by example.

Surprised so many are going for Travis. I love Travis, he is the type of player we have been screaming out for since probably Savage left, but he is limited though. Even Dack the other night on commentary alluded to the fact he needs to be better with the ball. If he starts doing that, he will be some player. 

Has to be Armstrong player of the year though. Take his goals out and we could be in a relegation fight. Take Travis out and I don't think it would be as noticeable. 

• Like 1

On 14/07/2020 at 11:27, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'd have no qualms at all with either of those getting it, especially Armstrong the way that he has kicked on, but I've voted for Darragh. I remember seeing our win percentage with him and without him in the team a couple of weeks ago. These things can be misleading, but even so I really think Lenihan is the one player in the squad that we miss the most when he doesn't play. 

With Lenihan: W15 D10 L12

Without Lenihan: W2 D2 L6

Some other interesting ones:

With Bennett: W9 D5 L16

Without Bennett: W8 D7 L2

With Nyambe: W11 D10 L9

Without Nyambe: W6 D2 L9

With Bradley Johnson: W7 D6 L11

Without Bradley Johnson: W10 D6 L7

With Holtby: W6 D4 L4

Without Holtby: W11 D8 L14

• Like 1