BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Player of the Season 2019/20

Player of the Season 2019/20  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BRFCS Rovers Player of the Season 2019/20?

• Christian Walton
    • Ryan Nyambe
    • Bradley Johnson
    • Adam Armstrong
    • Joe Rothwell
    • Sam Gallagher
    • Amari'i Bell
    • Stewart Downing
    • Bradley Dack
    • Tosin Adarabioyo
    • Darragh Lenihan
    • Lewis Travis
    • Elliott Bennett
    • Other (Please Specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/20 at 11:00

Think Travis fully deserves it. Probably been our most consistent player at a young age, and hasn't had a settled pairing in the middle all season. Arma would be a very close second but think he goes missing a little too much, obviously his wonder goals have been brilliant though. Just think even when we're playing badly, which has happened a lot this season, Travis has been the only positive in a lot of games

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How is Travis winning this poll? It really shows the type of player that Rovers fans love! 

Armstrong was player of the year, all day, no debate. 

I wouldn't say no debate. Armstrong has had a much stronger second half of the season. Travis has been consistent all season.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I wouldn't say no debate. Armstrong has had a much stronger second half of the season. Travis has been consistent all season.

I love Travis, but I think right now he is pretty limited as a midfielder Needs to be far better on the ball and getting forward. Armstrong scored enough world class goals to have won goal of the season every season for the last 10 years. 

You could say about Armstrong that he is pretty limited as a forward, his goal return is good but to become a real top end striker he needs to boost his numbers, possibly by scoring more typical strikers goals.

I think both are strong contenders but out of the 2 I would say that Travis has been more consistent. 

• Like 2

On 16/07/2020 at 11:52, Bigdoggsteel said:

Surprised so many are going for Travis. I love Travis, he is the type of player we have been screaming out for since probably Savage left, but he is limited though. Even Dack the other night on commentary alluded to the fact he needs to be better with the ball. If he starts doing that, he will be some player. 

Has to be Armstrong player of the year though. Take his goals out and we could be in a relegation fight. Take Travis out and I don't think it would be as noticeable. 

If Travis was better with the ball, he wouldn't be here. 

Without him we don't have a midfield. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If Travis was better with the ball, he wouldn't be here. 

Without him we don't have a midfield. 

He's very important alright,but not necessarily that good just yet. 

Oh ya, if he gets better on the ball in the opposition half, he won't be here much longer. He's young, so it should happen too. Hopefully we get another year or two anyway. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's very important alright,but not necessarily that good just yet. 

Oh ya, if he gets better on the ball in the opposition half, he won't be here much longer. He's young, so it should happen too. Hopefully we get another year or two anyway. 

It's more a comment on who else we have to play in midfield than proclaiming him as the next Viera. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's more a comment on who else we have to play in midfield than proclaiming him as the next Viera. 

We could get away with Evans and Johnson. I think Travis is going to be a great player. At the moment he reminds me of Robbie Savage a bit, but he has better control. Savage a great player for us I thought 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We could get away with Evans and Johnson. I think Travis is going to be a great player. At the moment he reminds me of Robbie Savage a bit, but he has better control. Savage a great player for us I thought 

Evans and Johnson dont have the legs between them. Travis definitely does need refining on the ball but its not a major weakness either, his pass success rate is 84.5% which is only bettered interestingly by Jacob Davenport, who has made 7 sub appearances.

• J*B unpinned this topic

What did Dack say about Travis?

I personally think he is one of the more accomplished footballers in our squad. He needs to work on getting rid in tricky situations but other than that he's a real baller. Can pass, can tackle, isn't slow off the mark, can turn and strike it if needs be. The only thing he lacks is that late run into the box that separates good midfielders from brilliant midfielders.

• Like 4

He said he needs to get better on the ball and in the final third and that is something he is working on with Damien Johnson. He also said and I paraphrase "he's a dirty bastard and I hate playing against him in 5 a side". I genuinely got the impression Dack felt he was too whole hearted with his tackling in training. I'm a huge Travis fan, to me right now he is a Championship Robbie Savage. I think he can be better though. 

I voted for Travis personally, because of his consistency and the fact that he has come on in leaps and bounds. However, you cannot deny that Arma has, at times, been outstanding, and he has weighed in with plenty of goals, many of them scorchers as well. Well done lad!

• Like 1