BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading at Home

• K-Hod pinned this topic

I think in the history of posting game threads, this is the quickest new thread. What a game... what a team! Such anticipation! ?

The home cutouts are already in their seats, relishing such a divine opportunity to vanquish infidels, set all things awright, and Tony is sure to be himself again. That’s all we know for sure. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too. Not Bothered anymore. Mowbray and his merry band of wasters have sucked all the interest out of the club for me.

I guess I’m glad I chose not to pay for iFollow 

it’s hard enough just watching the bbc game thread, holding my breath, feeling the pit in my stomach, dreading the next post. 

23 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I think in the history of posting game threads, this is the quickest new thread. What a game... what a team! Such anticipation! ?

The home cutouts are already in their seats, relishing such a divine opportunity to vanquish infidels, set all things awright, and Tony is sure to be himself again. That’s all we know for sure. 

I can't lie, I was considering posting something very similar and sarcasm-laden, for this game. But I thought I'd be an optimist and wait til it really wasn't possible.

One of the cut-outs is Dr Who. I hope he's here to fix the timeline.

• Like 1

This is a must keep the squad and bank manager happy game.

Play all the oldies, has-beens and never-will-be for a bonus appearance wage bounce and % split

Bennett has again committed to paying Mrs M. for the half-time Lemon Drizzle cake.

Tony is borrowing a deckchair from Venus and wonders where Waggot is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I think I’m done watching our games for the rest of the season, but I’ll keep an eye out for the score. 

Me too until Mowbray is gone I cannot be bothered watching the same stagnant non styled puzzling crap dished up

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too. Not Bothered anymore. Mowbray and his merry band of wasters have sucked all the interest out of the club for me.

Ya, I have spent over 50 euro watching our games since we came back. The Armstrong goal alone against Cardiff almost makes it worthwhile, but I doubt I will watch anymore now that we have died off with a whimper. 

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

HiltonJR-C Nyambe Lenihan Hart 

Rothwell Chapman Davenport Travis
Armstrong Brereton

Like it. Would probably still play Tosin (if we have 10% hope of seeing him again next year). I think Chapman is DOA.

Would look to play:

Hilton

Nyambe - Lenihan - Tosin - JRC

Davenport - Travis

Holtby - Rothwell - Armstrong

Gallagher/Brereton 

Every player (Barring Tosin) under contract next season, needs to play and not classed as dead wood (unless they cost £5m+). Carter, Buckley, Butterworth filling and coming off the bench.

Of course I believe we're more likely to see Downing, Mulgrew, Smallwood, Graham, Walton, Samuel, Bennett, Johnson and Hart.

But either way, I actually don't care now.

To be honest... i actually think the team I picked above would beat any of Mowbrays team selection 8 times out of 10 all season.

• Like 3

We'll win the last couple in comfortable fashion it was only really the dead rubbers at the end of last season that glossed over the cracks and gave a skewed view to some in anticipation for this season.

Once it started it was obvious nothing much had changed and that was with a fit Bradley Dack.

Rovers  4   Reading  1

I think very few will care about this game other than Mowbray.

Mowbray will, IMO, field a team that will all be about self preservation.

Sadly, I think Rovers will win their last two games to paper over the cracks and allow Mowbray to bang on about a season of progress and what would have been without the injury to Dack 

I'll take two humiliations in our last two games if it secures the departure of Mowbray.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

I think very few will care about this game other than Mowbray.

Mowbray will, IMO, field a team that will all be about self preservation.

Sadly, I think Rovers will win their last two games to paper over the cracks and allow Mowbray to bang on about a season of progress and what would have been without the injury to Dack 

I'll take two humiliations in our last two games if it secures the departure of Mowbray.

The problem is even if we do get humiliated in the last two games Mowbray will not be pushed.

• Like 1