BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading at Home

Much better. Very good to watch but equally so frustrating that its now our season is over.

Mowbrays desperation to try that stupid formation with a false 9 has cost us being in with a chance. Play a formation that suits the team, stick to it and perfect it. On Tuesday we had strikers on the touchlines. Today theyve both been between the lines of the penalty box and theyve both bloody scored! 

Brereton has been so much better. Shame that for the second season running a 7m strikers goal comes when the season is mathematically over. I see more there than Gallagher but clutching at straws.

Holtby has been very impressive as has Rothwell. 

• Like 1

Brereton has been sensational out there. Definitely his best game for us so far. He’s held the ball up well, always looked to move the ball forward, and obviously he has scored. 

Rothwell and Holtby good too. Trav and Armstrong excellent as always. 

Carter has had very little to do. Missing the quality of passing that Tosin gives us though. 

JRC looks decent. He looks like the sort of player who will be a solid 7/10 every week. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see the problem with the formation personally. We have a number of different options and I see that a bonus. You dont. 

Is Still Downing going to be our next season? who knows? But he isn't a left back either. Rankin Costello has done very well there. 

We don't play with wingers under Mowbray. You even accept this point last night. 

I would have like to see Davenport in place of Johnson

Can't Mowbray doesn't think he is ready for 1st team. wants to loan him out. 

That's what he told someone at the supporters consultation meeting 

We need to stick to a formation and perfect it. Brentford, Leeds, Forest, West Brom are all consistent. Mowbray has blown this season trying a stupid formation that didnt work. End of.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Whats JRC's natural position?

We've done OK in this half. Brereton actually looks like a footballer, which is a bonus.

I've seen him.play right wing back for under 23's under Johnson. 

But Mowbray has said he is wide player. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We need to stick to a formation and perfect it. Brentford, Leeds, Forest, West Brom are all consistent. Mowbray has blown this season trying a stupid formation that didnt work. End of.

And he'll do the same sort of thing next season too, we all know it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I seen Brentford played 3-4-3 at start of the season. Before switching back 4-3-3. 

I like today formation cos Holtby, and Brereton are moving and interchanging their position. Brereton look very good. 

We can talk formations all day long but if we had taken our chances we would have been top 6. We didnt like Samuel at Barnsley 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I seen Brentford played 3-4-3 at start of the season..

We can talk formations all day long but if we had taken our chances we would have been top 6. We didnt like Samuel at Barnsley 

I think you are passing the buck. And Brentford have played 4-3-3 for most of the season. Mowbray loves to overcomplicate. If you think we should flit in and out with strikers on the touch lines and false 9s being used and them not used and no consistency, then you are crazy. Stick to one formation that suits the team and they know what they are doing.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

there should only 2 formations you play,one at home and one away,players get used to it and eventually it becomes second nature,what you don`t need is the manager ****** around with different ones every week

Do we even need one totally different away from home? I think it should be consistent regardless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seen Brentford played 3-4-3 at start of the season. Before switching back 4-3-3. 

I like today formation cos Holtby, and Brereton are moving and interchanging their position. Brereton look very good. 

Pace on the left with Rothwell and Arma is terrifying  

• Like 1